Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Single-precision floating-point format - Wikipedia

Search domain en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-precision_floating-point_formathttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-precision_floating-point_format

A signed 32-bit integer variable has a maximum value of 2 31 − 1 = 2,147,483,647, whereas an IEEE 754 32-bit base-2 floating-point variable has a maximum value of (2 − 2 −23) × 2 127 ≈ 3.4028235 × 10 38. All integers with 6 or fewer significant decimal digits, and any number that can be written as 2 n such that n is a whole number from -126 to 127, can be converted into an IEEE 754 floating-point value without loss of precision.

We can figure it out?

I think he is so ♥♥♥♥ing with us.

It's pretty straightforward. Probabilities are measured as fractions or decimals between 0 (no chance) and 1 (guaranteed). These are a bunch of such probabilities.

0 = No chance of raging at the lowest skill level

.15f = .15 (i.e. 15%) chance of raging at the next skill level

.3f = 30% chance of raging at the next skill level

.35f = 35% chance of raging at the next skill level

.4f = 40% chance of raging at the next skill level

.5f = 50% chance of raging at the highest skill level

Single-precision floating-point format - Wikipedia

Search domain en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-precision_floating-point_formathttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-precision_floating-point_format

A signed 32-bit integer variable has a maximum value of 2 31 − 1 = 2,147,483,647, whereas an IEEE 754 32-bit base-2 floating-point variable has a maximum value of (2 − 2 −23) × 2 127 ≈ 3.4028235 × 10 38. All integers with 6 or fewer significant decimal digits, and any number that can be written as 2 n such that n is a whole number from -126 to 127, can be converted into an IEEE 754 floating-point value without loss of precision.

We can figure it out?

I think he is so ♥♥♥♥ing with us.

0%, 15%, 30%, 35%, 40%, 50%

Cheers

RWG in Prime`s stream looks ♥♥♥♥ing impressive. Kin..respect to YOU and all the people involved in creating RWG.

Definitely! (Minus the giant wasteland wall...)

- - - Updated - - -

Neebs Gaming was talking about A18 on youtube, they will be doing A18 ASAP! :)

I know! Very exciting. They are going to be in for some surprises.

I have to admit, it was funny to hear them voice the A17 complaints again so long after the fact. At least this time they will be contemporary.

Out of 11 streamers for the UK, only 2 are streaming 7 days. One sounds like he's so stoned he's going to dissapear into another astral plane, and the other isn't even english (he's american). From what i've seen (around 15 seconds), it looks great though!! lol.

Nope. There is a lot of stuff not in XML. Putting everything in XML is time consuming, increases the chance of bugs and that stuff has to be loaded and stored somewhere.

I usually think storing config values externally can shift the blame from the programmers to the gamedesigners ;)

Archived