Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

I saw a video where a zombie was stuck in the snow. It would be cool if that happened occasionally but on purpose:

it happens some time with the z's spawned for buried supplies quests and the challenges, like kill x soldiers, or cheerleaders

more frequently when the quest start on a hillside

Spawn probability of radiated zombies is not scaling - what does it mean really? It is in fixed issues. I have always face more radiated zombies with higher gs, so it is fixed for other payers who had different situation?

It means that something with Spawn probability of radiated zombies was broken.

Then it was fixed and no longer broken.

Since that was a fix it was listed under fixes. =P

Believe it or not I am going to post something normal, not perverted. Sometimes

Me thinks that A17 is the peak of the this game. However,

I am starting to

have 2nd thoughts and I'm starting to think Alpha

18 might be the best. I mean.. its not an increase of

inches, its an increase by miles.

In Alpha 18 I think I will die more often, and

my play style might need adjustment. I will have to put on my big boy

pants!

If you spawn in the desert you are dead has been my experience. I just try to GTFO but coyotes, snakes and vultures will just eat you alive.

question what time would the streaming start? im in the uk so would it be like 5 pm or 6pm or something?

12 pm central US... about 2 hours 15 minutes from now!

- - - Updated - - -

If you spawn in the desert you are dead has been my experience. I just try to GTFO but coyotes, snakes and vultures will just eat you alive.

So I need to find a stereamer who spawns in the desert for malicious glee?

Not sure if I want to wish that on Kage or JaWoodle.

12 pm central US... about 2 hours 15 minutes from now!

- - - Updated - - -

So I need to find a stereamer who spawns in the desert for malicious glee?

Not sure if I want to wish that on Kage or JaWoodle.

stop! I am at work. Buildings don't measure themselves! the time is 12 for me so lunch break may get interesting!

Here is a guide to vehicles once A18 hits for everyone:

- The bicycle isn't just an early-game vehicle anymore; it's better than running after all! With gas being relatively scarce outside of an oil shale mine, you won't be able to afford to be careless with consumption of petrol. Use the bicycle when travelling to nearby mines, the closest trader, to airdrops, and to your nearest town(s) if you don't plan on looting excessively. You'll find you'll probably be using the bicycle up until end-game, or very nearly.

- The minibike will be a greater convenience to you over the bicycle (larger storage and no stamina loss while riding it), but at the cost of gas. You'll probably want to do gas runs once an in-game week, or when you're low on fuel in general. Use the minibike sparingly over the bike, particularly for higher tier quests with a greater potential for loot, slightly longer loot raids, and overall slightly further away points of interest.

- By the time you get a motorcycle in your belt, you'll want an oil shale mine running. (Oil shale has been nerfed, just like everything else gas-related; 1000 oil shale will convert into 10,000 gas. Make sure to visit your oil shale occasionally for a fairly decent mining session.) Like the minibike, use the motorcycle sparingly. Consider it an upgrade to the humble minibike. Use it for longer loot raids, towns that are further away, etc. But don't be lazy. That trader that is only 500 meters away isn't worth the trip on your motorbike if you don't plan on doing anything else!

- The 4x4's speed has been decreased in A18, and it takes 10,000 gas to fuel it, but it now sports an 81 slot inventory (compared to the 63 slot inventory in A17). You could pretty much go nomad with this thing, if you have the gas. Use it to travel to faraway towns for multi-day long loot raids, or if you're planning on thoroughly looting a T5 POI; but be picky about what you bring home! Due to it's high fuel demand, you won't be using this beast very often, especially compared to the motorcycle.

- The gyrocopter's speed has been increased in A18 as well as its fuel tank, so you'll have to land for pit stops less often than before. As usual, it's your scout vehicle of choice, being very useful in identifying new towns, traders, and travelling to very far points of interest in general.

@madmole Any corrections I should make? (:

Hey all,

Been lurking and enjoying the chat! I am really looking forward to the streamer weekend! I am getting a tattoo finished up today and healing this weekend while watching 7D2D A18 streams sounds AMAZING! What are the top 3 streamers people will be watching?

No trashing streamers, just wondering who everyone's faves are.

1. Glock 9/ Capp00

2. G4K

3. Kage 848

Hey all,

Been lurking and enjoying the chat! I am really looking forward to the streamer weekend! I am getting a tattoo finished up today and healing this weekend while watching 7D2D A18 streams sounds AMAZING! What are the top 3 streamers people will be watching?

1. Glock 9/ Capp00

2. G4K

3. Kage 848

Buck Fernandez, he's a great guy.

Hey all,

1. Glock 9/ Capp00

2. G4K

3. Kage 848

jcs channel

no love but self love, ask snowdog and devega

LOL.. at least I get it right though! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

81 slots now! wow nice. Effectively 2 more rows because it was 9X7 or 63 slots

were inventory capacities adjusted on the other vehicles?

This will make it far more useful than just taking two motorcycles instead. I DO look forward though to the landcrawler, with work station functionality. I hope it looks like one of the double decker Mad Max cars!

Archived