Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

it would be cool you have to some times unjam the turrets and maybe a cool down like the barrel will become red Hot and if i keeps firing it degrades Super fast.

so if you have like 6 shotgun turrets you still have to worry about them jamming and degrading

jamming would be nice to have very low chance to happen on any weapon. would add a little more "oh damn" to the moment. :)

jamming would be nice to have very low chance to happen on any weapon. would add a little more "oh damn" to the moment. :)

yes weapons Like the AK , M16(when it gets added) SMG's and m60s and makeshift weapons. are most likely to Jam. but guns like the marksman rifle , and Shotguns are in the middle. and weapons weapons like Magnums , pistols and Hunting rifles are Less likely to jam

but with the books you get for that class it will decrease that chance

- - - Updated - - -

and i also read in one of the post that there are over a 100 new books!

here https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?111801-Official-Alpha-18-Dev-Clean-thread

if it is then im going to go off the chain and raid anything that has Books

Speaking of forges, it seems like the anvil, crucible, etc. Now give mod effects. Do they still gate creation to some items or was all that moved into perks/books (cleanup/unification of systems)

that would be cool with other stuff like a Biochemistry set to make biofuel

A Tool Box that increase durability of weapons that are crafted

A Spice rack for cooking and make your meat and stews give more food

Ketel to make more teas like aloe and yucca tea

Bullet press

ETC

that would be cool with other stuff like a Biochemistry set to make biofuel

A Tool Box that increase durability of weapons that are crafted

A Spice rack for cooking and make your meat and stews give more food

Ketel to make more teas like aloe and yucca tea

Bullet press

ETC

Combine this with late-game, higher-tier crafting stations (EX: lathe, foundry) that require power and produce stuff more efficiently / special recipe items, and that would make for an awesome update. #INB4 #A19hype

Might also prompt more people to use electricity.

it would be cool you have to some times unjam the turrets and maybe a cool down like the barrel will become red Hot and if i keeps firing it degrades Super fast.

so if you have like 6 shotgun turrets you still have to worry about them jamming and degrading

I don't think anyone would repair the traps during the horde. You can't tell the zombies to take a break and depending on the design the traps are not always reachable. It would rather result in creating additional redundancies to compensate for the loss of some traps. Repairing during the Horde is unlikely.

The weapon in the hand, on the other hand, can be repaired relatively quickly and easily. It would hardly make a difference whether the weapon fails because it is stuck or because it no longer has any durability.

I don't think anyone would repair the traps during the horde. You can't tell the zombies to take a break and depending on the design the traps are not always reachable. It would rather result in creating additional redundancies to compensate for the loss of some traps. Repairing during the Horde is unlikely.

The weapon in the hand, on the other hand, can be repaired relatively quickly and easily. It would hardly make a difference whether the weapon fails because it is stuck or because it no longer has any durability.

It depends on how its implemented. For durability, your forced to change weapons or do the repair which takes you into your inventory.

For jamming, they can introduce an jamming animation when trying to fire it after the jam occurs. I've seen this done in other games. The feature essentially causes a temporary delay to the action without having to open up any menus.

you have a decent junk turret, mind doing a short vid, perhaps poi clearing with it used as a firearm? I am beginning to see the light on the int build. so inquiring minds want to know

I don't know if there is time. It needs to be presented properly, as a guy with like 8 or 9 int and 3-4 ranks of turrets syndrome, so its perked up and modded out, they aren't so good without perks and my guy needs all perception right now.

That was a terrific horde night! It seems to be much more manageable and fair (lol) in A18. In A17, that tower would have been shredded well before the middle of the horde night, I would imagine. Cannot wait for the next video! :D

They can shred if left unattended. Big groups buff a lot and can get through fast. My last horde night they got inside by 11pm and I got rekt.

yes weapons Like the AK , M16(when it gets added) SMG's and m60s and makeshift weapons. are most likely to Jam. but guns like the marksman rifle , and Shotguns are in the middle. and weapons weapons like Magnums , pistols and Hunting rifles are Less likely to jam

but with the books you get for that class it will decrease that chance

- - - Updated - - -

and i also read in one of the post that there are over a 100 new books!

here https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?111801-Official-Alpha-18-Dev-Clean-thread

if it is then im going to go off the chain and raid anything that has Books

Actually the AK-47 is one of the most reliable weapons in the world

Actually the AK-47 is one of the most reliable weapons in the world

oh yeah i forgot lol but maybe over time like dirt mud and blood would build up and then you go come on and your trying to clean it out. when the zombie thats 7 ft fall and looks like he is 1000 pounds of fat is walk towards you read to rip you in half.

but guns like the m60 could jam more frequently then the ak

but the magnum is really hard to jam.

you could make little roots to repair them like a vent. ( i do that in my blade trap hallway)

plus with turrets they would jam and you could there unjam them yourself or wait

and with the overheating its when its like a flood of zombies are coming

so you dont kill 2 fat people and oh its crap

it has to be like a Giant Mob

oh yeah i forgot lol but maybe over time like dirt mud and blood would build up and then you go come on and your trying to clean it out. when the zombie thats 7 ft fall and looks like he is 1000 pounds of fat is walk towards you read to rip you in half.

IMO if this is added, they should make it so the less durability has the gun, the most likely to jam.

This is why the repair kits have cloth and oil to clean your weapon. Durability is in essence the amount of time before your gun jams. Adding random spikes to durability would create tension though I think it's fine the way it is.

scope-why-simple.jpg

Madmole, I compared two videos.

When you showed the optical sights before the release of Alpha 17, they looked better.

Now it’s again just a black circle with a reticle inside.

It looks very bad. Why was it removed?

Q: Can we get the visibility of optical sights in the future as in the top picture?

@Madmole

What is up with the granades now exploding upon impact? If that was changed on purpose not a good idea for those times we might accidentally release it by mistake or aim wrong, as in what happen to you. Atleast a 3 second delay is needed for this very purpose IMO.

Source:

Might want to read the title of the video :)

@TFP

I have not really used auto turrets in this game because of the loss of potential XP from the kills. This has always bothered me and thus made that type of base defense unappealing. I'm not sure how much this idea would throw off balancing of the xp/leveling system but maybe make it so that turrets give 1/4 of the xp from a zombie kill to the owner. That tiny amount per kill would at least elevate the feeling of lossed xp to turrets.

It scales 10 to 50% on turrets per rank.

I have a feeling someone got mad that his granades were not exploding when he wanted them to *cough Madmole cough* so it was rage changed. ;)

Naw but for real though, I'm guessing MM did not like the physics or feel of the granades so as a quick fix this instant explosion was introduced. Then again maybe its just a bug that crept in, the possibilities are endless.

OMG you still haven't figured it out. I'll keep reading :)

Might be perk I can't remember what one it is mod or perk. But think it was talked about after his last video or something.

The video where he uses both kinds of explosives and the one kept bouncing.

ROFL. He explained it already multiple times. Those are contact grenades! Bouncy grenades are still in the game.

It would be insanely fun to see rocker bandits on motorcycles driving around and shooting things, maybe that would be one gangs way to survive blood moon and also annoy/make it harder for players to survive, because defenses against zombies are quite different compared to NPC. I just am afraid that bandits will never ever leave their POI and will be just different kind of "zombie" to deal with when clearing POI and nothing more.

Nope, they will be driving around in trucks and running over noobs, shooting rocket launchers from helis, and causing mass forum rage.

Archived