Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

No. How would that be any faster than grabbing it and pressing the reload hotkey? You can have another turret provide cover fire while you reload one.

@MM, maybe there is a radial menu, like a transport?

Now it is:

- pick up a turret

- select it on the belt (install it on the belt, if it was not there)

- reload

- install back

Via the radial menu

- call up the circular menu

- select "recharge"

Question! Does the occluder occlude trees?

please dont talk about trees i lost all of them in the horde yesterday..........

still waiting for payment for damages

- - - Updated - - -

Show me footage in my 18 video.

no not in your vid im talking about the A17 build

just asking if it was fixed?

could have worded myself better lol

by the way are you still exercising? How are the progress? A hug from your Spanish friend

Yes I have kicked things up a week ago Monday so almost 2 weeks of perfection in diet, training and cardio. I'm starting to see ab lines again and my veins are starting to show again. It takes about 3-4 months of this to peak, so hopefully I can post some "best ever" pics on twitter at some point.

MM, a repost since you said that the other wasnt addressed to you so you missed it.

when I walk across the wedge tip standing tall and skinny, I slip and fall off because of the steep angle. zombies dont. they walk across it like they are freaking circus performers. They dont even ragdoll off when knocked down. is this changed in a18.

here is a pic to give you a better visual of the block set up

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29177[/ATTACH]

that is a wedge tip on a wedge on 4 blocks.you can see some of the damage they did while trying to dig down

wedge.thumb.jpg.c9bc55fc84cfcc4405b77f50c9a7f512.jpg

MM, a repost since you said that the other wasnt addressed to you so you missed it.

when I walk across the wedge tip standing tall and skinny, I slip and fall off because of the steep angle. zombies dont. they walk across it like they are freaking circus performers. They dont even ragdoll off when knocked down. is this changed in a18.

here is a pic to give you a better visual of the block set up

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29177[/ATTACH]

that is a wedge tip on a wedge on 4 blocks.you can see some of the damage they did while trying to dig down

Where are wedge tips in the pic? I use wedge tips all the time (17.4) and they work great 99% of the time.

Prayers are always heard and answered, just not in the way you asked but in the way that benefits you the most.

Fine.

Hey Adam the Waster, we uh, need you up here atop this pyramid... just lie down there, and I'll put these wrist restraints on you so you uh, don't fall off or whatever...

No. How would that be any faster than grabbing it and pressing the reload hotkey? You can have another turret provide cover fire while you reload one.

Okay, yeah I did notice from your video that the reloading was pretty quick.

So, I know you can have 2 turrets deployed at any time, but I'm wondering, is it possible to have a third turret on your belt that you can deploy immediately after picking up one that has depleted its ammo?

@MM

Wtf.

We did the Hitler vids. You got your spider pic. Either add a new tradition requirement or release the damn thing.

Tokens have been given, sacrifices made...

Did I miss the virgins?

Fine.

Hey Adam the Waster, we uh, need you up here atop this pyramid... just lie down there, and I'll put these wrist restraints on you so you uh, don't fall off or whatever...

Now you're talking, but .... virgin?

Well, another question @ Devs, though it may have been asked before:

Is there any chance at non-contact grenades to pass through bars? Bounce once, then change to pass-through? That way you could slip timed grenades through bars to the horde below, and if you're fighting something on pass-through flooring you can still use contact grenades to explode above.

Huh, with the balance of having high accuracy/attack and solid group control options, that perception build is looking more enticing to me than I reckoned it would. That was some quick bolt action, even. I'm hoping we get to name items at some point, since I think that everyone and their dogs will have a junk turret thwonking away in the future.

@Joe: maybe that's just a compressed air tank and the power for the targeting and movement systems recycles output gas from the firing action through a little turbine. The player doesn't wind it up, just blow it up with our crazy strong, survivor lungs.

@Madmole: Does adding mods to the workstations increase the heat they generate? I like it when all good stuff comes with a cost in games like this.

Use trap doors. Open.. drop grenade.. close.

Of course there are ways around, would just be better not to worry about managing hatches during an assault. Ideally molotovs could pass directly through bars as well, pretty darn risky to attempt through a hatch. In "realistic terms" though, (though realism has long gone out the window), throwing it would be a high probability of impacting bars unless you drop it manually through.

To all those players telling madmole to "get good" and that "he sucks at 7D2D"... (Which I've seen a lot of following the previous video.) Whatever happened to having fun in games, hmm? Unless I'm missing something, games are generally not designed to be simulations performed by flawless robots.

I agree, but where are all these people saying this in here? Did I read the posts too fast?

I agree, but where are all these people saying this in here? Did I read the posts too fast?

No. Try reading discord forums (that you are not a part of). :p

Granted though, while madmole is probably very good at 7D2D, his base building is... less than ideal. In other words, they're not exactly the most efficient designs possible by a long stretch. *Shrugs*

Prayers are always heard and answered, just not in the way you asked but in the way that benefits you the most.

Wiser words have not been spoken here on these forums. You got wisdom Joel. =)

- - - Updated - - -

PFFT, I am good. Anyone who thinks otherwise is high.

*cough cough :jaded:* Someone talking about me?

hello...?

I must just be high hearing things, huh..... yo Joe Rogan pass that already

*sits back and inhales while watching madmole play*

*cough :jaded:cough :jaded:* Man this guy really sucks at his own game.

*inhales, exhales cough* *yells at screen* boooooooo come on dude what are you doing falling during horde night!!

lol just jk :)

2 types of grenades -

1. grenade = normal fragmentation grenade which cooks for a few seconds before exploding. (great for tossing ahead of a moving crowd of zombies to walk into it)

2. contact grenade = designed to go boom on contact with most things it comes in contact with. (great for the OS zeds that are running and no time to cook a reg grenade)

both by design and doing what they are designed for. one is brown and other is red (red = danger) :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29172[/ATTACH]

I kinda was leaning towards 2 types of granades in game as an explanation.Thanks for clearing that up, you the man.

Archived