Sign in to follow this  
madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

It would be insanely fun to see rocker bandits on motorcycles driving around and shooting things, maybe that would be one gangs way to survive blood moon and also annoy/make it harder for players to survive, because defenses against zombies are quite different compared to NPC. I just am afraid that bandits will never ever leave their POI and will be just different kind of "zombie" to deal with when clearing POI and nothing more.

Nope, they will be driving around in trucks and running over noobs, shooting rocket launchers from helis, and causing mass forum rage.

My thoughts / Ideas on the Junk turret :

As soon as I heard about this thing , I knew I was going to go Agi/Int build. So far I do like it but some questions

It's obvious perk is being able to hold it and fire it manually like a gun , and deploy it without need for electricity , and cheaper ammo.

But can you craft multiple of them and have easy defense? I believe they use scrap iron for ammo which really isn't hard to get.

I had an idea to make the Junk turret more unique to the intelligence build. What if it could be upgraded through mods and intelligence perks?

Really? You had this idea? I guess great minds think alike you troll me after you watch the perks video.

Why ? If the AK47 on your belt is loaded then the mountain lion is your next meal. ;)

Uhhh the head removal perk the mountain lion has? He insta-gibs a player on contact.

Question for the Devs:

Did the concept of "Store all" and "Stack items" buttons make it through the content lock? Maybe 18.1?

There is a mod out in the wild right now that accomplishes this, and it would be fantastic if it made it as a permanent feature. Inventory management takes up an awful lot of time for those who's OCD tendencies require proper sorting. The "stack items" one most of all, so I could go through each container, push the button and all similar items get stowed away in the container I am in.

loL. a30?

Nope, they will be driving around in trucks and running over noobs, shooting rocket launchers from helis, and causing mass forum rage.

LOL why am I picturing MadMax right now.

These are contact grenades, a weapon MM talked about in the last tweet and previous horde night video.

Finally!

Do the turrets have a radial menu from which they can be quickly reloaded w/o picking them up?

I think they are very cool and I can't wait to use them, but I can imagine the struggle of juggling turrets to reload them, which would leave your ass pretty bare.

This is why the repair kits have cloth and oil to clean your weapon. Durability is in essence the amount of time before your gun jams. Adding random spikes to durability would create tension though I think it's fine the way it is.

true

Very cool. Looking forward to trying them both out. The neat thing is it’s not so much about one being better than the other, but more so choosing the right tool for the job under the current circumstances.

When madmole was mentioning these contact grenades, I thought he was talking about the explosives that stick to zombies.

No that is the timed charge.

jamming would be nice to have very low chance to happen on any weapon. would add a little more "oh damn" to the moment. :)

I think durability and jamming are kinda redundant, since durability is meant to mimic things like jamming. Especially since guns do not break every few shots in real life lel.

@MADMOLE:

Dead Snow and its sequel are GREAT. The first is more scary, and the second is more over the top, like the evil dead movies.

No love for Demon Knight or Evil Dead??

BTW, did you know they made a life sized prop replica of the Devil Doll? I would have bought it, but suspect like my old prop replica Alien chest burster that it would just be too creepy to have around late at night.

I prefer more tame fun movie props, like my 1:1 scale Ghostbusters Slimer and Gremlin.

Back OT, you keep talking about making the wasteland tougher end game, but I hope before you do that you find a way to spawn a new character AND his quest trader base so wasteland isn't between them. I STILL remember trying to complete my trader quest across wasteland, nd it taking two full days of getting wrecked to complete that journey.

New player precious snowflakes these days would have given up on the game in the first half hour completely as it was.

Also after watching your latest video, you mentioned several times you wish junk turrets held more ammo. Since you've been doing the balancing, maybe that can be easily added to the junk turret's governing perks so higher tiers increase its ammo capacity as well as whatever they are unlocking? That might only be a half hour's work in the xml.

(Being able to target the vultures might also be locked until you hit a certain tier level as well, making those perk investments more satisfying, and if I'm not mistaken that should be easy xml perk edits as well.)

Might as well add a few surprises since you have spare time.

(Ideally a mod for the junk turret to increase capacity might be another loot goody to find, but that would require a graphic asset, and take more development time.)

I love evil dead, but those are demons not zombies nor vampires so that is why it wasn't on my list.

To all those players telling madmole to "get good" and that "he sucks at 7D2D"... (Which I've seen a lot of following the previous video.) Whatever happened to having fun in games, hmm? Unless I'm missing something, games are generally not designed to be simulations performed by flawless robots.

Can you at least put magazine-extending mods on it like you can with guns?

Yes. I want to increase mag size. it is random, 50 + or minus 20% should be about 70 IMO.

no mm, I heard it, just didnt register contact as that. I heard contact grenade and my brain went sticky grenade.

I feel like the contact grenade should have a different look than just a recolored frag grenade

Like this:[ATTACH=CONFIG]29173[/ATTACH]

We typically start with an xml mod and icon tint to try stuff out.

you could make little roots to repair them like a vent. ( i do that in my blade trap hallway)

plus with turrets they would jam and you could there unjam them yourself or wait

I have maintenance access where I can reach many of the traps in the base but if I do that during the horde then the zombies would probably take the shortcut through the wall instead of running through the hallway with the traps.

I prefer to stay with more redundancy. This is safer even if I have to use more resources and more space.

and with the overheating its when its like a flood of zombies are coming

so you dont kill 2 fat people and oh its crap

it has to be like a Giant Mob

The Horde is a giant mob. At least if you play with 32 zombies at the same time like me. :D

I think durability and jamming are kinda redundant, since durability is meant to mimic things like jamming. Especially since guns do not break every few shots in real life lel.

idk maybe it could be like random chance and the more maintain the gun is like with durability. the less likely it would jam and the jamng would consist of not being able to shoot and you have to "beat it" by Left clicking and then it could unjam just a idea

scope-why-simple.jpg

Madmole, I compared two videos.

When you showed the optical sights before the release of Alpha 17, they looked better.

Now it’s again just a black circle with a reticle inside.

It looks very bad. Why was it removed?

Q: Can we get the visibility of optical sights in the future as in the top picture?

I always wonder what happened to those sights.

I have maintenance access where I can reach many of the traps in the base but if I do that during the horde then the zombies would probably take the shortcut through the wall instead of running through the hallway with the traps.

I prefer to stay with more redundancy. This is safer even if I have to use more resources and more space.

The Horde is a giant mob. At least if you play with 32 zombies at the same time like me. :D

the unjamming is a 50 50 shot. and its mostly shotgun turrets

and your right about the mob thing my mistake

and my PC cant run 32 my PC is basically a car with 2 wheels

To all those players telling madmole to "get good" and that "he sucks at 7D2D"... (Which I've seen a lot of following the previous video.) Whatever happened to having fun in games, hmm? Unless I'm missing something, games are generally not designed to be simulations performed by flawless robots.

Almost every streamer and Youtuber sucks at all games. At least if you believe the comments. I wouldn't mind that. Backseat gamers always think they can do it better than everyone else.

Okay, what am I missing about the 4x4 then? It only has like one or two more rows of storage than the motorcycle, right? Is there storage expansion options in the game that I have not found yet maybe?

3 more but I'm going to bump it to 6 more if I can.