Sign in to follow this  
madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

saw the video and it was really enjoyable and made me wish it was coming out this weekend.

I will say I'm worried about folks raging over the contact grenade hitting the edge of the bars and killing them like they almost killed MM. it's well known that even if you have the cross hairs on a zombie and through the molotov or grenade with the cross hair being close to the edge of the bar they will explode right on you. that's a reason I personally don't bother using those items.

There better be no ALPHA 30 lol

i hope it will go gold by 20 (my hopes)

I mean no offense by this, this is purely being asked of of curiosity. I have seen many many many players "hope" the game goes gold by such and such date. My problem with these types of statements is they are almost always made by someone that does not understand what it means to go gold.

So could you be the first who actually steps up and explains why you want the game to go gold? Whats the reason behind your desire for this to happen? Thank you brotha :)

Edited by ZombieSurvivor (see edit history)

No. Try reading discord forums (that you are not a part of). :p

Granted though, while madmole is probably very good at 7D2D, his base building is... less than ideal. In other words, they're not exactly the most efficient designs possible by a long stretch. *Shrugs*

I see. I’ll pass on joining and reading them.

Well, the past few alphas while many of us were pretending like hordes were hard and trying to make the most of base defense, madmole was exercising creativity with castles. As far as combat goes though, he’s better than most streaming and recording, especially with the guns.

However, I do think TFP needs someone focused on bases and the tower defense aspect as a whole. 1 QA with a cheese report supersedes the hundreds if not thousands of forum posts over the course of years trying to draw attention to issues that only an expert on the topic could fully understand.

I see. I’ll pass on joining and reading them.

Well, the past few alphas while many of us were pretending like hordes were hard and trying to make the most of base defense, madmole was exercising creativity with castles. As far as combat goes though, he’s better than most streaming and recording, especially with the guns.

However, I do think TFP needs someone focused on bases and the tower defense aspect as a whole. 1 QA with a cheese report supersedes the hundreds if not thousands of forum posts over the course of years trying to draw attention to issues that only an expert on the topic could fully understand.

Precisely. I am not criticizing his fighting abilities - they are on par with some of the best. And while his bases could have used some... improvements... it's good to see some innovation here and there. Evolution is necessary, even if one hits some brick walls along the way.

- - - Updated - - -

Just so you know, corn can't grow in the wild.

Corn isn't natural either. Nor is edible rice. Just a little fun fact. ;)

LOL, wait till you meet him face to face and then call him a little kitty :)

Oh goody! I always wanted a pet cat!

I mean no offense by this, this is purely being asked of of curiosity. I have many many many players "hope" the game goes gold by such and such date. My problem with these types of statements is they are almost always made by someone that does not understand what it means to go gold.

So could you be the first who actually steps up and explains why you want the game to go gold? Whats the reason behind your desire for this to happen? Thank you brotha :)

IDK but i just hate that is called Alpha hell this game runs better then most other games i haven't had and to me i dose not feel like a alpha

(to me at less) (and iv tried to convenience my brother to play with me and he wont buy it but that's more personal)

but basically it doesn't feel like a alpha it runs better then most survival games COUGH ARK COUGH DAYZ COUGH CONAN Cough!!!!. you get the idea

PLUS i want the game to have some more love

Edited by Adam the Waster (see edit history)

No. Try reading discord forums (that you are not a part of). :p

Granted though, while madmole is probably very good at 7D2D, his base building is... less than ideal. In other words, they're not exactly the most efficient designs possible by a long stretch. *Shrugs*

What discord forums?

- - - Updated - - -

IDK but i just hate that is called Alpha hell this game runs better then most other games i haven't had and to me i dose not feel like a alpha

(to me at less) (and iv tried to convenience my brother to play with me and he wont buy it but that's more personal)

but basically it doesn't feel like a alpha it runs better then most survival games COUGH ARK COUGH DAYZ COUGH CONAN Cough!!!!. you get the idea

PLUS i want the game to have some more love

THANK YOU. you have been the first person I asked this who actually stepped up and actually stated the reasons behind wanting it to go gold. You're honest with your answer and I respect that a lot. *thumbs up* :02.47-tranquillity:

• Like 1

What discord forums?

That's not the point here. The point that I was making was that although trying to beat the game - any game - in the most efficient way possible is recommended (for obvious reasons), people shouldn't treat it as the end-all-be-all, imo.

What discord forums?

- - - Updated - - -

THANK YOU. you have been the first person I asked this who actually stepped up and actually stated the reasons behind wanting it to go gold. You're honest with your answer and I respect that a lot. *thumbs up* :02.47-tranquillity:

thank you

That's not the point here. The point that I was making was that although trying to beat the game - any game - in the most efficient way possible is recommended (for obvious reasons), people shouldn't treat it as the end-all-be-all, imo.

my point is not trying to figure out your point, what are discord forums??? I've never heard of discord forums...maybe i've been missing something all these years.

my point is not trying to figure out your point, what are discord forums???

You know, discord groups I am a part of. (None of which shall be named.) You know what discord is, right? :p

You know, discord groups you are a part of. You know what discord is, right? :p

ok I figured thats what you meant lol...never heard someone call it discord forums, more like Discord. I am in 7D2D official discord channel. Thanks

EDIT: regarding your first post....in my opinion 7D2D Discord is filled with some of the biggest trolls and immature people. It does not suprise me that MM is getting so much hate in Discord for his gaming ability.

...Bouncy grenades are still in the game.

I'm calling them this going forward.

ok I figured thats what you meant lol...never heard someone call it discord forums, more like Discord. I am in 7D2D official discord channel. Thanks

Sorry. I meant Discord groups I am a part of, and forums/threads within those Discord groups. :p

Just so you know, corn can't grow in the wild. But this is a game so it's just info. :)

Nice cat!

Why wouldn't maize grow in the wild?

EDIT: regarding your first post....in my opinion 7D2D Discord is filled with some of the biggest trolls and immature people. It does not suprise me that MM is getting so much hate in Discord for his gaming ability.

Not all of them are trolls... Just people who have played the game for thousands of hours, and who now find it too easy (most of which move onto Ravenhearst), and look upon "casual gamers" in an inferior light.

In terms of my opinion, I don't really have one. I support and go against the same viewpoints constantly. Life is nothing but a comedy afterall. :p Life is my stage, and I'm just another performer.

Sorry. I meant Discord groups I am a part of, and forums/threads within those Discord groups. :p

DELETED

I;m an idiot and jsut woke up...i keep not reading what you are saying correctly...ok ok now I understand. lmao

scope-why-simple.jpg

Madmole, I compared two videos.

When you showed the optical sights before the release of Alpha 17, they looked better.

Now it’s again just a black circle with a reticle inside.

It looks very bad. Why was it removed?

Q: Can we get the visibility of optical sights in the future as in the top picture?

Not only that but the increased fire rate mod. G18 style pistols would be possible. Seems like they either got cut or are still in the oven.

This might be the last alpha. I would prefer concentrated smaller named updates after this. LIke "The book update", "The christmas update" etc.

I would hope the Christmas update would include zombie reindeer and elves with the rare enemy zombie Santa clause

Just so you know, corn can't grow in the wild. But this is a game so it's just info. :)

Nice cat!

ummm corn does grow in the wild....what are you talking about???

EDIT: just spent time googling if corn can grow in the wild, just in case i'm stupid and wrong, and indeed corn does grow in the wild. its very complicated but it can and does grow in the wild.

ummm corn does grow in the wild....what are you talking about???

EDIT: just spent time googling if corn can grow in the wild, just in case i'm stupid and wrong, and indeed corn does grow in the wild. its very complicated but it can and does grow in the wild.

i though corn just came from then sky

This might be the last alpha. I would prefer concentrated smaller named updates after this. LIke "The book update", "The christmas update" etc.

That sounds nice. The game could also be changed to 'Beta' to better represent that.

I would hope the Christmas update would include zombie reindeer and elves with the rare enemy zombie Santa clause

A Santa Claws zombie bear.