Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Not all of them are trolls... Just people who have played the game for thousands of hours, and who now find it too easy (most of which move onto Ravenhearst), and look upon "casual gamers" in an inferior light.

In terms of my opinion, I don't really have one. I support and go against the same viewpoints constantly. Life is nothing but a comedy afterall. :p Life is my stage, and I'm just another performer.

The way i judge is if someone has the time to actually write a post saying how someone else sucks at a game, that person is more than likely a troll if not at the very least is a person not worth my time in conversation. Unless we are talking about family in that case its ok, my brother sucks ass at this game lmfao. You want to see a crappy player i'll introduce you to him haha. I love him though so its cool. :)

oh you foolish man, we all know it does not rain corn, it rains dogs and cats of course. :)

you dare oppose me mortal?

im going to draw some ideas for makeshift weapons

first one is a Railgun

it uses a old car battery and its a blueprint only earned by quest or trading

it uses Metal pellets and uses a nice charge of electricity to shot the small pellet at a very fast speed and its great for armor and zombies

but its not great for run and and gun but ok for mid range combat

is more like the marksman rifle

In terms of my opinion, I don't really have one. I support and go against the same viewpoints constantly. Life is nothing but a comedy afterall. :p Life is my stage, and I'm just another performer.

Well, as I said to you under your assumed identity on Discord. Never be afraid to be who you are. No matter what anyone thinks. Saying you don't have an opinion and "support and go against the same viewpoints constantly" is defined as trolling... generally frowned upon. All well and good if that's who you are, just don't be offended when someone calls you out on that.

Madmole

A question about the forge mods: It seems they are replacing the tool slots for the workstation(s), does this mean they no longer gate any recipes (like needing a cooking pot or anvil in order to craft certain stuff?). Would be sad to see that mechanic go, or are the mods also able to fill this role in addition to adding bonuses to the crafting?

Just trying to wrap my head around what this change means to how it works.

Well, as I said to you under your assumed identity on Discord. Never be afraid to be who you are. No matter what anyone thinks. Saying you don't have an opinion and "support and go against the same viewpoints constantly" is defined as trolling... generally frowned upon. All well and good if that's who you are, just don't be offended when someone calls you out on that.

I know, and I get that. Regardless, I've left. It was good knowing you, I guess.

Rules for my life: Always be honest, direct and firm while being respectful. Check, check, check and check. Nicely said my dude.

When I had a cat I slept with one eye open. A dog I can cuttle up to and fall alseep like a baby. Are cats meaner than dogs?.....maybe lol

Content warning: Scene involving blood

They're way smarter than dogs, dogs are like little babies that will love you no matter what, you hit them? It's okay in about 5 minutes they've forgotten (I don't hit any animals, just to be clear).

Cats in the other hand are like teenagers, they remember ♥♥♥♥, they'll hate you if you mistreat them and they don't need your attention 24/7 like dogs.

I love all animals, especially Trankitas's.

Not only that but the increased fire rate mod. G18 style pistols would be possible. Seems like they either got cut or are still in the oven.

Yeah the scopes were cool in that video, what we've got is differenti now and i hope they would make them like the video.

They're way smarter than dogs, dogs are like little babies that will love you no matter what, you hit them? It's okay in about 5 minutes they've forgotten (I don't hit any animals, just to be clear).

Cats in the other hand are like teenagers, they remember ♥♥♥♥, they'll hate you if you mistreat them and they don't need your attention 24/7 like dogs.

I love all animals, especially Trankitas's.

Oh man you speak truth. I learned the hard way cats can be very very evil and they remember everything and hold grudges. When I got out the Army I moved in with my sister for a bit and she had a cat. I was a little agressive when I got out anyways, the cat pissed me off so I picked it up and threw it across the room. (it landed on its feet and was not hurt at all) 4 days later the cat chewed up all my wires for my PS4. The friggin wires were mixed in with like 15 other wires behind the TV. Yet that cat knew which ones to destroy. I had great respect for that cat and all cats after that LOL.

source.gif

Oh man you speak truth. I learned the hard way cats can be very very evil and they remember everything and hold grudges. When I got out the Army I moved in with my sister for a bit and she had a cat. I was a little agressive when I got out anyways, the cat pissed me off so I picked it up and threw it across the room. (it landed on its feet and was not hurt at all) 4 days later the cat chewed up all my wires for my PS4. The friggin wires were mixed in with like 15 other wires behind the TV. Yet that cat knew which ones to destroy. I had great respect for that cat and all cats after that LOL.

source.gif

LOL!! Similar story here. When I was 5 years old I picked up my grandma's kitten (at the moment) and threw it across the backyard (also landed on its feet). The cat hated me until I was 19 y/o (14 years). I tell you, they have a remarkable memory.

@MM, maybe there is a radial menu, like a transport?

Now it is:

- pick up a turret

- select it on the belt (install it on the belt, if it was not there)

- reload

- install back

Via the radial menu

- call up the circular menu

- select "recharge"

Nope. Its stand still and mess with a menu and get kicked out of the menu because you get hit by nearby zombies. It also bypasses reload time. Its not like regular turret. New turret, new rules.

LOL!! Similar story here. When I was 5 years old I picked up my grandma's kitten (at the moment) and threw it across the backyard (also landed on its feet). The cat hated me until I was 19 y/o (14 years). I tell you, they have a remarkable memory.

So do crows. You mess with a crow once, and it and every crow will know about it, often for multiple generations. But be good to a crow, and the same thing happens. Always treat crows with respect, people! If one wants to steal a sandwich from you, let it. :p

Edit: I knew someone who, when we were little (like, 5 or something) threw a stone at a crow. You know... kids. Anyway he stuck around in the neighborhood for 18 years before moving off the college recently, and every crow hated him during that entire time. Lol.

MM, a repost since you said that the other wasnt addressed to you so you missed it.

when I walk across the wedge tip standing tall and skinny, I slip and fall off because of the steep angle. zombies dont. they walk across it like they are freaking circus performers. They dont even ragdoll off when knocked down. is this changed in a18.

here is a pic to give you a better visual of the block set up

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29177[/ATTACH]

that is a wedge tip on a wedge on 4 blocks.you can see some of the damage they did while trying to dig down

It is what it is.

Okay, yeah I did notice from your video that the reloading was pretty quick.

So, I know you can have 2 turrets deployed at any time, but I'm wondering, is it possible to have a third turret on your belt that you can deploy immediately after picking up one that has depleted its ammo?

I had the bandolier mod that increases reload speed 30% I think, but you can perk up to increase reload speed.

Wiser words have not been spoken here on these forums. You got wisdom Joel. =)

- - - Updated - - -

*cough cough :jaded:* Someone talking about me?

hello...?

I must just be high hearing things, huh..... yo Joe Rogan pass that already

*sits back and inhales while watching madmole play*

*cough :jaded:cough :jaded:* Man this guy really sucks at his own game.

*inhales, exhales cough* *yells at screen* boooooooo come on dude what are you doing falling during horde night!!

lol just jk :)

Yet I never die and I level faster than 99% of the team.

saw the video and it was really enjoyable and made me wish it was coming out this weekend.

I will say I'm worried about folks raging over the contact grenade hitting the edge of the bars and killing them like they almost killed MM. it's well known that even if you have the cross hairs on a zombie and through the molotov or grenade with the cross hair being close to the edge of the bar they will explode right on you. that's a reason I personally don't bother using those items.

All that has been improved dramatically.

Nope. Its stand still and mess with a menu and get kicked out of the menu because you get hit by nearby zombies. It also bypasses reload time. Its not like regular turret. New turret, new rules.

MM, problem with get kicked out of the menu because you get hit by nearby zombies, it is problem of player =)

About bypasses reload time, you can add a reload timer as if you were searching containers.

Also, a timer would be very useful when refueling and repairing vehicles. The fact that a player repairs and refuel a vehicle in a second looks strange =)

Archived