Hi - Im really worried about TFP and 7d2d

Garenman

Hi - I've been supporting for years now. Really big fan of the game with about 1300 hours played. I've caught myself up on the stickies and the info.

I saw the videos on YouTube where people are RIPPING poor Joel a new one. I don't know how he handles getting heckled like that. Some people are very mad about the changes, that's for sure.

In one of the videos, when he's inside a house, you can see the outside world through a window and it's not rendering correctly. That video was a long time ago. I thought then that A17 wouldn't be ready for a very long time and I guess I was right. That video was in early August, IIRC.

I know there was a reply after Telltale shut down, but I wish we had more information about when A17 will be getting here.

My biggest fear is we don't have the whole story on the condition of the team/company. A large amount of money has been raised so its hard for me to fathom how that much money cannot literally buy a good team. Updating to the new engine caused a lot of issues. Maybe it wasn't a good thing to do, we'll have to see. It's certainly an incredibly time consuming development process for this update.

I wouldn't worry, as there is a certain point where just throwing more money at problems does nothing. We all knew the wait would be tremendous, and I am fairly certain the team is working at full speed. And it seems like the result will be well worth the wait. It's agonizing for sure, but it's a good kind of agony. 👍

I think a couple of relevant employees on the dev team have not a lot of experience in game development, so that could be a bit worrying (then again, those guys might be exceptional talents), but I believe that we can assume that eventually they'll get it done. It's only a matter of time.

Given the volume of new content coming in A17, it is no wonder bug squashing is taking ages. The last update I heard was a couple weeks ago and that was their focus. Content lock and bug squashing. It is about polishing things up to make sure people are happy with the changes.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was released on Halloween :)

I still think the production time is absolutely abysmal. Truly seems like there's major issues internally.

I'm on the fence of if TFP have abused the Early Access model. The Kickstarter model as well. I personally think, at this point, with this kind of communication and results, they have certainly crested over that requirement and are currently abusing both of those systems as well as mistreating the people who have paid into the game awaiting a final product.

Do not tell me about Early Access games. I'm a grown adult. I know full well about gaming, production, money, expectations, professional results, professional appearances, etc = I likely know more about Early Access than you, so please don't give me that song and dance.

Time will show that TFP are in default. It's time for them to produce some results.

7DTD was worth buying considering the hours I've played, that's for sure, so I can't really complain.

But objectively speaking - you are kidding yourselves if you think that bug squashing or dishing out that amount of content takes that long - perhaps it would, for a lone developer. Perhaps the team is too small and each member has to wear many hats and continuously runs into problems. Perhaps they are the most horribly organized group in existence. Perhaps they get high and make regular trips to Hawai to chill a little. Who knows. At any rate, we can only wait.

I still think the production time is absolutely abysmal. Truly seems like there's major issues internally.

I'm on the fence of if TFP have abused the Early Access model. The Kickstarter model as well. I personally think, at this point, with this kind of communication and results, they have certainly crested over that requirement and are currently abusing both of those systems as well as mistreating the people who have paid into the game awaiting a final product.

Do not tell me about Early Access games. I'm a grown adult. I know full well about gaming, production, money, expectations, professional results, professional appearances, etc = I likely know more about Early Access than you, so please don't give me that song and dance.

Time will show that TFP are in default. It's time for them to produce some results.

If they had delivered the game they had originally pitched for Kickstarter it wouldn’t have nearly as amazing as it is. Smooth terrain and random worlds were originally a post release goal. They have far exceeded their promises and while its true the game isn’t finished it will be far more than what was originally going to be. AND you get to play it all the while it is being developed.

I am confident time will prove the Pimps are true and are not abusing early access nor are they mistreating anyone. Mistreating would be if they closed access to the other builds until A17 came out. But, no, access continues unabated and developers converse daily with people here in the forums and progress updates are also given at least once a week.

You can go to the Steam database and view the new builds being submitted as proof that work continues.

Don't worry the next major patch is gonna be years before it is released i agree with Garenman,

even with a larger team they actually got slower RIP.

All we can do is hurry up and wait another few months when they show off the streamers release that just means more bug fixes the best bet is stop waiting we have months to go yet.

well, I started playing this game at alpha 9.1 .. enjoyed hours and hours of gameplay, game if so good.. Lets talk about TFP, perhaps its not so easy to develop such game, perhaps its a 2 man company :D perhaps.. perhaps.. so many perhaps.. they perhaps raised really good money from early access and kickstarted, perhaps they need more. Noone can see in depth of this so lets stop speculating, play new world, play other builds, like 9.3 or something older :D For me its been worth to buy that game long years ago.

Thumb up for the great work you already did for this game and I wish you best luck with further development :)

16 Alphas says to me they've produced substantial results. Be appreciative of what you've been given.

GIVEN??? No one gave most of us anything. We have simply received what we paid for and we don't have to appreciate anything we have paid for, TFP should be appreciative of having customers.

GIVEN??? No one gave most of us anything. We have simply received what we paid for and we don't have to appreciate anything we have paid for, TFP should be appreciative of having customers.

Yeah you're right. Nothing was given. That $10/$12/$15 whatever it was must have really hit hard. 5 years, 16 Alphas. It's not like each update was some minor cosmetic change either. But whatever. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and expectation.

Yeah you're right. Nothing was given. That $10/$12/$15 whatever it was must have really hit hard. 5 years, 16 Alphas. It's not like each update was some minor cosmetic change either. But whatever. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and expectation.

Everyone who actually purchased this game paid the money these guys ask for it. It's not based on the "pay what you want" scheme, so maybe you think it's not much to pay, but it's the devs who came up with that price tag, they could perhaps ask more, but they decided not to. If it's not enough to cover their expenses, then it's not our fault. Also years in development, 16 alphas, saying that doesn't really justify anything either. Again, it's their time management, we as customers have no impact on the speed of the development.

People complaining about the update taking long are funny. You still can play the game right now.

Im excited for A17 to drop too, but i dont go on steam forums/reddit complaining with hundreds of hours of playtime for something i judge should be already out.

And i got this game for ♥♥♥♥ing 20$ with 1700h, i CANT complain lol

Folks we are fine. We are putting are head down and trying to finish a very large and quite frankly over scoped build. The game has suffered from years of trying to make everyone happy with quick releases at the cost of sloppy framework which needs gutting. If we take a break to rip it out so be it. If we weren't so concerned with making you all happy then it might have gotten done right the first time.

Just stay calm and zombie on we will survive and this build will ship. And console will get updated one way or another :)

Cheers Richard

Archived