What are you LEAST looking forward to.

Guppycur

The thing I'm least looking forward to is trying to hold off my urges to play A17 immediately after release, to not have to start a new server/save after a few patches/hotfixes.

Instead of that I should wait a while until the most prevalent or game-breaking bugs are squashed and then start playing with my buddies. :smile-new:

The health bar is gone it was just a dev tool won’t be in the game for all zombies only boss zombies.

i dont want any health bars, its not a street fighter/mortal combat arcade style game, i suppose next there will be slow motion death kill animation?

i dont want any health bars, its not a street fighter/mortal combat arcade style game, i suppose next there will be slow motion death kill animation?

I don't care for them either but if you are going to argue genre tropes then you have to admit that this game is becoming a RPG style game or at least as a hybrid game 7 Days has RPG elements as a major component and in the genre of RPGs whenever you meet a boss enemy it almost always has a HP bar even if no other enemies in the game normally do. So you are correct that this isn't a fighting game but be careful about saying that the game should stick to styles within its genre because that could come back to haunt...

Tonnes of gun attachments that will replace the old gun parts... At least with the parts you could make a bunch of guns or mush them together to make the one you have a bit better... Albeit - there might be a tonne of full guns... But it boils down to basically being the same thing... And yes - empty loot containers or such...

But We are looking forward to A17, and the mods, and the bicycle, motorcycle, cars, etc.!!!

Moderating the experimental bug report threads.

oh lord

i apologize in advance for all the threads i'm gonna make

I'd be willing to bet that it's not the quantity of bug reports Roland's dreading as much as that it'll be the same people who now scream and whine and nastygram that A17 isn't out fast enough will be the ones screaming, whining and nastygramming the most when it is out and isn't perfect right off the bat for them. It's all good, though- the salt from their tears makes for fine margaritas..

Well, easily half of the "bug reports" are actually support questions. Of the actual bug reports, I'd guesstimate about 20% actually provide useful information.

I know that between this forum, the Steam forum, re-writing my mods, and getting my servers set up, I'm going to be really busy when experimental drops.

Instead of them being a surprise occurrence that you run into occasionally, I fear the majority of all POIs will be dungeons. This will make looting very tedious and make the dungeons themselves uninteresting much faster.

A bottom line for just about anything I "LEAST" look forward to is TFPs overuse of things. If virtually every POI is just a mini-game of sleepers and dungeons, i'm not going to be having a good time on vanilla. I already find sleepers themselves way overused in comparison to actual walkers and the amount of sleepers per some of the POIs immersion breaking. (6 zombies routinely in many of the 2 bed house for example)

Archived