When will the game be released II?

Roland

When will the game be released II?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. When will the game be released II?

• Monday July 30
    • Tuesday July 31
    • Monday August 6
    • Tuesday August 7
    • Monday August 13
    • Tuesday August 14
    • Monday August 20
    • Tuesday August 21
    • Monday August 27
    • Tuesday August 28

At this point why even continue to release alpha patches? If they're going to be a year in between, just go ahead and finish the game and skip all the hullabulloo. That way I can stop checking back in to be strung along for months at a time and just play it when it's done in 2020

At this point why even continue to release alpha patches? If they're going to be a year in between, just go ahead and finish the game and skip all the hullabulloo. That way I can stop checking back in to be strung along for months at a time and just play it when it's done in 2020

The fact that they are releasing alpha patches does not stop you from not checking it all and coming back in 2020, you know?

Skyrim: In the running for most overrated game of all time.

Honestly, I dont know why i agree so hard with you there. The game is good, it does look beautiful, but my word the over infatuation of it boggles my mind. How and why its sooo amazingly popular is beyond me.

- - - Updated - - -

"A17E Expected July/August"

"A17E Expected August"

"A17-E will be done when it's done."

Oh, would you look at that. It's like it's not even close for even experimental release. ;)

Naw, they scrapped A17 and are going straight to A18, which should be soon

"A17-E Expected July/August"

"A17-E Expected August"

"A17-E will be done when it's done."

Oh, would you look at that. It's like it's not even close for even experimental release. ;)

it's getting to the point I'm getting upset or disappointed waiting for at the least some news/updates. Like going through all the motions of denial. When I checked the MM updates thingy, it said nothing in the last 4 weeks.

Or you could just wait for full release and let the rest of enjoy the Early Access experience, maybe?

I bet TFP are pretty happy they got into this crowdfunding/backers phase in the gaming industry before it fizzles out. I know the practice won’t truly die because individuals will always want to be part of something special. But TFP are just another example of how this business model is broken, breeds mistrust and leads to the predation of consumers.

I hear three defenses for the ongoing issues

1) "I don't care how long it takes, I know it will just be better when it releases." This is a fanboy response. It a refusal to consider or accept any warranted criticism. They (you) are delusional.

2) “At least these practices are better than OTHER developers’ practices.” Basing a defense of bad practices by comparing it to very bad practices isn't grounds for its justification. They’re still bad practices and need to stop

3) “Well, you shouldn’t have bought it then.” This is victim blaming, an attempt to displace blame away from the perp and onto the victim. It’s wrong and frankly immoral.

It may not have been the intent of the FTPs to perpetuate these bad practices, but they are nonetheless. And the sooner practices are called out for what they are and agreed upon to prevent from happening, by the majority of rational consumers, the better.

I bet TFP are pretty happy they got into this crowdfunding/backers phase in the gaming industry before it fizzles out. I know the practice won’t truly die because individuals will always want to be part of something special. But TFP are just another example of how this business model is broken, breeds mistrust and leads to the predation of consumers.

1) "I don't care how long it takes, I know it will just be better when it releases." This is a fanboy response. It a refusal to consider or accept any warranted criticism. They (you) are delusional.

2) “At least these practices are better than OTHER developers’ practices.” Basing a defense of bad practices by comparing it to very bad practices isn't grounds for its justification. They’re still bad practices and need to stop

3) “Well, you shouldn’t have bought it then.” This is victim blaming, an attempt to displace blame away from the perp and onto the victim. It’s wrong and frankly immoral.

It may not have been the intent of the FTPs to perpetuate these bad practices, but they are nonetheless. And the sooner practices are called out for what they are and agreed upon to prevent from happening, by the majority of rational consumers, the better.

1) I am not delusional. I just realize that they have no idea exactly when they will get all the bugs fixed and get this alpha out. In the meantime, I started a new game with a new mod I haven't tried. I not only accept but embrace warranted criticism, such as the limited number of skill points and the effect that could have on sp. Criticism about the creative process and bug fixing is not warranted, imo.

2) I don't consider doing a thorough job with a game they are passionate about and show no signs of abandoning bad practices. The fact that many crowdfunded games die before they are really even playable is bad practice. There is also the fact that if TFP said today, "Forget it. We are done." the game as is is more than worth what i paid for it. I've gotten well over 1000 hours of play time in, which is a bargain for $30 and the game is complete enough for me now. More things added in is just bonuses and has been for a long time.

3) When you buy an alpha game, you are made aware of the fact that it is in development and anything could happen. All you can be sure of getting is what actually exists at the time of purchase. Everything the developers plan on and hope for are just possibilities that we hope for. What you buy when you buy it is what you purchased. You are not a victim, so there is no victim blaming. You have the absolute power to choose whether or not to purchase this or any other alpha game. If the game, as is, plus the HOPE of what it could become are not worth the price of purchase, don't buy it. That is not victim blaming, that is empowerment.

I think your best avenue is to develop your own game and show the gaming industry how it's done correctly.

As for how the Pimps got started and how they are developing the game is no concern of mine. The end result of what they do is a game without comparison.

And where is your game mate! You think you know all about developing, moron

You couldn't be more wrong. The Early Access crowdfunding model is never going to fizzle out. It won't limp along because a couple of individuals will naively think they're part of something special. It is has only grown in popularity.

Also there is much less predation going on than is reported. Its true that some studios never realize their vision and the project gets cut short before all goals are delivered but this is not due to unscrupulous or predatory behavior. In most cases the studio did what it could and made the game as complete as they could before funds ran out.

See, you give TFP as an example of breeding mistrust and preying on consumers as if they are liars and cheats and making off with the money while abandoning the game they started. But this is the furthest from the truth. They are working diligently and getting the next update ready to be released as soon as is possible and it is simply your wrongful and ignorant assumptions casting them in the worst light possible.

People like you predicted the demise of TFP and the abandonment of the game every single time in the weeks leading up to the next release and every single time you and those like you have been proven wrong. When A17 drops we will see the largest swell of players ever seen yet.

I daresay that for all your complaining and categorizing of people who support the Early Access Crowdfunding model you too will be playing and having fun with A17 whenever it does come out with never an apology or admission that you were wrong about TFP.

You might be right to some degree. Kickstarter.com probably had not enough warnings on its website what "backing" really meant. Maybe they still don't have enough.

Because too many people who shouldn't have backed a game or even expensive hardware did. There should have been a THICK RED warning at the moment when you are about to pay, telling everyone what can happen and what to expect.

Now TFP on the other hand is using this business model exactly how it is intended (with the exception of delivery dates, which is a "feature" of kickstarter that was broken from the beginning as only few creative projects can really set a definite date for their completion).

That you say "consumer" is already showing that crowdfunding/EA is not for you, because there is no finished product to consume, there is only a "building site" to explore. You don't get the business model, you should not do crowdfunding at all. Yes, I'm also #3

will quote this again:rapture:

Ha. =P

Hell, I didn't want to be right, but all the signs were there. From the lack of updates in the videos, to the front page and the work load left. Makes me a little sad that the game I fell in love with from 1.1a is being managed so badly in so many areas.

I'll see you in November when the game is out. Maybe. ;)

Makes me a little sad that the game I fell in love with from 1.1a is being managed so badly in so many areas.

You know this how?

That's what I don't get. "TFP is lazy." "TFP is managing this alpha poorly." "TFP has cut and run." "TFP hates their customers." You see only that there is silence. You see only that this alpha is taking longer than you expected. That minimal amount of info means these extreme interpretations? Why not consider what other things could produce the same results? "In trying to implement one of their new systems, TFP encountered huge, gamebreaking bugs. Rather than just postpone the implementation of the feature to the next alpha, they decided to power through and fix the cascade of bugs that happened." (Yes, at other times, TFP chose to take the other route and postpone the feature rather than delay the release of the alpha.)

Archived