When will the game be released II?

Roland

When will the game be released II?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. When will the game be released II?

• Monday July 30
    • Tuesday July 31
    • Monday August 6
    • Tuesday August 7
    • Monday August 13
    • Tuesday August 14
    • Monday August 20
    • Tuesday August 21
    • Monday August 27
    • Tuesday August 28

I think TFP has decided to delay it since this Friday we have a well-known moon of blood, we will spend the weekend recovering and looting zombies. So next Monday we will have the 17. But a video would be fine this Friday as a homage to the blood moon :) No MM?

I was going, who cares, as long as it really playable. But, for the vote I wrote the numbers down in slips of paper, tossed them around and picked one out. Aug 21st.

Probably not going to be that date, I have bad luck in picking winning numbers.

Maybe I should have went with August 7th, that is my birthday. Nope, not a good day either, will probably be playing War of the Walkers that is all I play now.

I guess I get to wait and see how wrong we all are, it will probably be the first of September.

I was going, who cares, as long as it really playable. But, for the vote I wrote the numbers down in slips of paper, tossed them around and picked one out. Aug 21st.

Probably not going to be that date, I have bad luck in picking winning numbers.

Maybe I should have went with August 7th, that is my birthday. Nope, not a good day either, will probably be playing War of the Walkers that is all I play now.

I guess I get to wait and see how wrong we all are, it will probably be the first of September.

or even later ...

(iam talking about the version 17.3 - that will be the first irl playable bugfixed version:) !!!! ) (i guess)

Unreasonably long and frustrating wait times

So this is fun. The previous 'when will the game be released' had the end date as experimental in july. Now we know thats not going to happen. Is this a clever way of extending the time? Honestly, i think it would be more interesting just to tell us whats slowing the process. I assume its some legacy software conflict. Like the new vehicles get stuck in the desert. Or maybe there's a conflict between the new systems.

I tend to agree with this. The time between releases (6 months +) is getting longer and longer even though it was supposed to be the other way around.

The lack of general communication from Developers is infuriating.

People have voted for the last possible date given in the poll. The company should take this as a red flag ... The perception from YOUR community, in my opinion, is that you NEVER deliver on time...

Project management refresher course required perhaps ?

Don't like my post, well ... If the shoe fits ...:miserable:

AMEN. D2 was unfinished too. "it's good enough, ship it"

Sure. There is no big thing I am aware of. Just lots of little things that need to be finished, tweaked or fixed.

That is normally the case with every game I've worked on. For big games it is usually hundreds of issues that get whittled down until someone says it is good enough, ship it.

D2 was unfinished too. "it's good enough, ship it"

i predict October to coincide with 1 year since 16.4 patch.

it is only natural that since i am anticipating it, it wont happen till i give up then miss the launch day.

I vote Tuesday August 7. Actually...just hoping so, because that's my birthday :smile-new:

Greetings

This is why I pick the 7th as well it would also be a great birthday present for me! Don't think it will happen though probably end of august but that's ok. Happy to wait longer if it helps them get a few more bugs ironed out. :rapture:

Mind you I'll probably wait till it gets launched to main branch and pass on experimental.

It is August - As my dad use to say. Enough is enough and too much is nasty. Nothing but crickets and broken promises. Sorry devoted gamers - another let down. Bury your saved 7DTD games in a respected place. Nothing new here everyone - keem moving along.

It is August - As my dad use to say. Enough is enough and too much is nasty. Nothing but crickets and broken promises. Sorry devoted gamers - another let down. Bury your saved 7DTD games in a respected place. Nothing new here everyone - keem moving along.

Not even a small effort at elevating your thoughts?

Well, you must be young to get thrown for a loop from a delay of a computer game, not entirely your fault.

**Spoil Alert: Most people who rant about this game's release date slipping, will look back with embarrassment at their behavior.

Another well thought out and constructive post. Your dad was right, all this negativity is nasty.

A17-E will be done when it's done.

Probably.

lol

It is been almost a year if not more that you announced A17 and when you reach estimated time you postpone it every single time

I am not nagging I'm just saying that you should announce it and its release date more accurate

delaying a month or two is acceptable but come on guys this much delay???

the reason I am saying this is because population in servers are drop down greatly and server owners doesn't wipe servers because of this wrong release dates and promises

but other than that this is a good game and i see great changes in it Keep up the good work

Making an accurate projection of a software release date requires a detailed understanding of each employees technical abilities and sustainable effort levels. This can take years of detailed observation and several life cycles (SDLC), for each employee.

So, what person who can think clearly and knows what they are talking about, would assume TFP would know all their programmers abilities and sustainable productivity levels, in just a few months?

The answer is: No one. I'm sure TFP will refrain from giving future release dates until they know the team better.

the problem is they found some issues with the new unity , it messed the graphics of the game so they had to rebuild it to match with the engine , that is all, just most of the complaining players dont understand that the devs themselves have more frustration

then what we have , also MM said that having this problem preventing the new videos and pics .

on other notes this maybe a good step for making smaller patches towards A18 ,etc

cheers all have a nice trip we are almost there.

Making an accurate projection of a software release date requires a detailed understanding of each employees technical abilities and sustainable effort levels. This can take years of detailed observation and several life cycles (SDLC), for each employee.

So, what person who can think clearly and knows what they are talking about, would assume TFP would know all their programmers abilities and sustainable productivity levels, in just a few months?

The answer is: No one. I'm sure TFP will refrain from giving future release dates until they know the team better.

j9dG8UO.gif

Archived