When will the game be released II?

Roland

When will the game be released II?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. When will the game be released II?

• Monday July 30
    • Tuesday July 31
    • Monday August 6
    • Tuesday August 7
    • Monday August 13
    • Tuesday August 14
    • Monday August 20
    • Tuesday August 21
    • Monday August 27
    • Tuesday August 28

You could probably list 200 games you're not excited about anymore, but how many of those games have been stuck in Early Access for long years and for how many of those games you personally receive early updates, while most other players don't? You know, it's always easy to call it "the natural course of existence", but your position isn't the same as his, is it? I would have agreed with you if the game was already finished, I would have agreed with you also if people weren't stuck with the same unfinished version for a year without seeing any actual progress, but in this case I just feel like you've been the insider for too long to understand the regular player's point of view. No offense.

Life should have taught you by now that every game gets stale eventually. If you don't want to risk that while a game is unfinished you should not play EA games. YOUR responsibility, not that of TFP.

There is no guaranteed time-frame for EA. Neither for the time between versions nor for the entire process. Incidentally there is not even enough precedent cases to make reliable rules of thumb. If you just guess wildly and ignore basic rules of statistics (i.e. sample size for reliable prediction) and you guess wrong, guess who should take reponsibility for that mistake too.

Life should have taught you by now that every game gets stale eventually. If you don't want to risk that while a game is unfinished you should not play EA games. YOUR responsibility, not that of TFP.

There is no guaranteed time-frame for EA. Neither for the time between versions nor for the entire process. Incidentally there is not even enough precedent cases to make reliable rules of thumb. If you just guess wildly and ignore basic rules of statistics (i.e. sample size for reliable prediction) and you guess wrong, guess who should take reponsibility for that mistake too.

Of course, but my point was little different. You can spend the time waiting for it in many different ways and we all have our own, but let's narrow it all down to basically two main differences. First way is that you can wait 1 or more years patiently, but cluelessly and then either keep waiting indefinitely for something to change or say that this is as far as you can go personally and move on with your life and forget. The other way is that you can spend that year being constantly updated, trying new stuff, you know all the things others have to wait for to see the whole time. If it's the latter, it's probably rather easy for you to say "Oh come on, the wait isn't that hard", but then again you're one of the few. The case of someone simply giving up after a year of waiting is a perfect showcase of a regular honest player who just had to get that off of his chest before moving on, I don't see anything bad about it. If anything, it's a part of feedback.

Archived