When will the game be released II?

Roland

When will the game be released II?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. When will the game be released II?

• Monday July 30
    • Tuesday July 31
    • Monday August 6
    • Tuesday August 7
    • Monday August 13
    • Tuesday August 14
    • Monday August 20
    • Tuesday August 21
    • Monday August 27
    • Tuesday August 28

Let's do a new poll now that the time has been narrowed down somewhat. Make your best guess and let's hope at least one of these dates is correct...

We know that the day of release will be a Monday or possibly a Tuesday if problems come up. We also know the estimate is for end of July...but we've seen a month's delay to projected release dates before. So make your best guess and see if you call it correctly.

August 28th for 2 reasons.

1. I start school on that day so of course it will come then.

2. No Man's Sky is allegedly becoming multi-player on July 24th, so more people will play the Experimental build if it's released at a different date.

So this is fun. The previous 'when will the game be released' had the end date as experimental in july. Now we know thats not going to happen. Is this a clever way of extending the time? Honestly, i think it would be more interesting just to tell us whats slowing the process. I assume its some legacy software conflict. Like the new vehicles get stuck in the desert. Or maybe there's a conflict between the new systems.

The fun begins August 3rd at 4:00 P.M. Central time as the streamers begin playing and the rest of us act like toddlers just before Christmas.

It will be released to experimental on August 6th at 5:00 P.M. Central time after some bug fixing, at which time this forum will become a ghost town.

Sooner would be welcome...... :)

Honestly, i think it would be more interesting just to tell us whats slowing the process. I assume its some legacy software conflict. Like the new vehicles get stuck in the desert. Or maybe there's a conflict between the new systems.

Sure. There is no big thing I am aware of. Just lots of little things that need to be finished, tweaked or fixed.

That is normally the case with every game I've worked on. For big games it is usually hundreds of issues that get whittled down until someone says it is good enough, ship it.

It will be the 1 August.

Because there Will be some bug coming through, which will only reveal on the last hour of many streams and TFP will go nuts about that, because its been a sneaky Bug only triggered by certain circuumstances.

1st August it will be- a wednessday

Sure. There is no big thing I am aware of. Just lots of little things that need to be finished, tweaked or fixed.

That is normally the case with every game I've worked on. For big games it is usually hundreds of issues that get whittled down until someone says it is good enough, ship it.

I'ts good enough. Ship it.

(Or does it have to be one of the devs who says that?)

All things considered, it is already a very good game. I was surprised to see how many active players there are. Not that it isnt good enough to have a lot of active players, but i didnt know it was as well known as it is. Im annoyed that pcgamer isnt more positive on 7 days to die. They've written much better pieces on much worse games.

I'm guessing somehwere in early August, seems the most reasonable. July would be great of course, and hopefully they don't need all the way until the end of August or even September.

Of course, TFP aren't exactly known for rushing release. It's done when it's doneTM

Do I sense a lot of doubters here, or just people who really don't want to get their hopes up? Low expectations means you can't be disappointed?

You're probably just sensing a lot of learners from history.... =P

Archived