When will the game be released II?

Roland

When will the game be released II?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. When will the game be released II?

• Monday July 30
    • Tuesday July 31
    • Monday August 6
    • Tuesday August 7
    • Monday August 13
    • Tuesday August 14
    • Monday August 20
    • Tuesday August 21
    • Monday August 27
    • Tuesday August 28

Let's do a new poll now that the time has been narrowed down somewhat. Make your best guess and let's hope at least one of these dates is correct...

We know that the day of release will be a Monday or possibly a Tuesday if problems come up. We also know the estimate is for end of July...but we've seen a month's delay to projected release dates before. So make your best guess and see if you call it correctly.

Where's the quote of when I ever said that? (Hint: It doesn't exist)

there is the quote of you saying that

I think TFP has decided to delay it since this Friday we have a well-known moon of blood, we will spend the weekend recovering and looting zombies. So next Monday we will have the 17. But a video would be fine this Friday as a homage to the blood moon :) No MM?

So today your saying ?

We should just place bets on estimated drop dates to pass the time. We need a big white chalkboard to hang in a shady dive bar.

No one knows for sure when its really going to drop, (including TFP - if they knew then we'd know.) I've got 50 bones that still have alittle meat on them that says they'll be streaming by beginning of October. The new Alpha will drop for testing by Columbus day. More or less Halloween release. I think September is too short/November is too long. Not saying this as a ironic pessimist giant middle finger to whoever. Just a genuine guess. Got plenty to do til then. Don't mind the wait, I'm sure it will be worth it.

I'm new to the whole A17 release date stuff.

But did the Devs at one time in the past give any rough release estimates on a date or month?

As this game has progressed further and further that have repeatedly given estimates that perpetually get pushed back until things like our current status of "Its done when its done" happens. This is what drove me away from this game at Alpha 15. And unfortunately someone dragged me back in for Alpha 16 with the promise of a radical overhaul and revolutionary new gadgets. Now here we are again being promised the same thing and hung out on a string like chum to a shark. Im all for putting out a complete project, but if you're still bug-testing this in-depth, then you shouldn't be promising updates that you just keep pushing the date back on until you eventually get so irritated by the people who paid good money for your product that your response is that of a petulant child. "Its done when its done". All you do is let your fan-base down. Just my two cents.

As this game has progressed further and further that have repeatedly given estimates that perpetually get pushed back until things like our current status of "Its done when its done" happens. This is what drove me away from this game at Alpha 15. And unfortunately someone dragged me back in for Alpha 16 with the promise of a radical overhaul and revolutionary new gadgets. Now here we are again being promised the same thing and hung out on a string like chum to a shark. Im all for putting out a complete project, but if you're still bug-testing this in-depth, then you shouldn't be promising updates that you just keep pushing the date back on until you eventually get so irritated by the people who paid good money for your product that your response is that of a petulant child. "Its done when its done". All you do is let your fan-base down. Just my two cents.

Hmmm, sounds interesting.

I mean, its an EA game. So why not release it and just patch it up as we go? A lot of EA games will release content once the devs feel like its completed and then if any bugs are discovered, they fix them in between the bigger content drops. That is usually how EA goes.

I agree that the biggest concern with pushing A17 too far is losing fans who are dedicated but also looking for other releases coming down the pipe. For myself, when Fallout 76 drops, I will be consumed by that for likely the next year or so. In the end I know it doesn't matter if I play something else because I've already paid. The real loss are those who would be invigorated to buy for the first time based on the A17 improvements, but may never do so because they get tied up in other releases coming. Technically this is always a concern in businesses, but certain release, i.e. Fallout 76, should be planned around (from a business management standpoint). Anyway, we the rabid fans are still waiting, Im super stoked about A17 and so are a few of my friends. Looking forward to the update, good work TFPs!

So by "game" you mean Alpha 17 not the full game

From an outsiders point of view, it seems the core game was finished when the console versions came out. Since then these so called "alphas" are basically dlc's. I've never heard of a game released on console while in alpha. This has just been a clever way to keep people playing the game by pretending it's not finished. Rockstar doesn't add cars and helicopters to GTA when they are five years into development.... that's stuff the game should be designed around from the beginning.

I never pre-order games, because I want to know what's the finished product. You guys have been playing a demo for years now which is fine, but games are more exciting when played for the first time not 800 hours in. Therefore, I won't play it until the full game is released.

I'm not criticizing the developers at all. They are clearly doing their best to add content to the game. It is fair to assume though, that most of their potential customers have already purchased the game. I know I'm a rare case who hasn't yet. There simply isn't much urgency to release the full game, because most have already bought the "alpha" version.

From an outsiders point of view, it seems the core game was finished when the console versions came out. Since then these so called "alphas" are basically dlc's. I've never heard of a game released on console while in alpha. This has just been a clever way to keep people playing the game by pretending it's not finished. Rockstar doesn't add cars and helicopters to GTA when they are five years into development.... that's stuff the game should be designed around from the beginning.

I never pre-order games, because I want to know what's the finished product. You guys have been playing a demo for years now which is fine, but games are more exciting when played for the first time not 800 hours in. Therefore, I won't play it until the full game is released.

I'm not criticizing the developers at all. They are clearly doing their best to add content to the game. It is fair to assume though, that most of their potential customers have already purchased the game. I know I'm a rare case who hasn't yet. There simply isn't much urgency to release the full game, because most have already bought the "alpha" version.

Ark: Survival Evolved hit consoles while still in EA too. And to be fair, I wouldn't say 7 Days to Die is in Alpha. Its more like mid-Beta I'd say.

Excellent. With a cup of hot chocolate, playing in snow biome while outside have one meter of snow to :)))))))) So we hope A17 to be released on end of december :)

You forgot the fireplace. Sounds so cool. But, yes, we will have to wait a bit more.

When MM shaves the beard off ;)

I've seen Joel w/out the beard. It was an interesting experience.

I have a feeling that the strength attribute impacts things other than just the backpack; like melee, mining, and breaking and entering to just name a few. So, you'll probably get those 5 slots back anyway.

Archived