181 members have voted

1. 1. When will the game be released?

• A17 Experimental February; A17 Stable March
    • A17 Experimental March; A17 Stable April
    • A17 Experimental April; A17 Stable May
    • A17 Experimental May; A17 Stable June
    • A17 Experimental June; A17 Stable July
    • A17 Experimental July; A17 Stable August

The red bar drops about a quarter inch every week. It should be around 15-16 weeks for the bar reach zero.

When that happens, the experimental will come out. After that, the HP bar will fill up to 100% and that one will be for the official release. :p

Well I’m looking at it on my phone so if it drops a 1/4” a week we will be done in about 5 weeks lol, especially when I zoom out :)

Release quickly with bugs...

Waaah! Dis gam so bugged!

Release slowly with fewer bugs...

Waaah! Da update take too long!

Damned if you do, damned if you don't :-/

or like 75% of other early access games...you DONT update and you take the money and run , stopping all work on the game!...

Have had enough of those over the last few years...lol

If the progress rate continues, July would be when it drops.

I'd bet Al's Marina and Breakfast Burrito Bar -n- Grill.

I'd bet Roland's GUI.

I'd bet Guppys Post numbers.

THATS how positive I am, it will be in July! :)

• 2 weeks later...
mad about climate change?

Me?...not at all. I had no children, and given the amount of carbon-credits I'm OWED due to never bringing 2 (ish) human beings into the world, I can heat my home by burning old tires....in July. Keeps the bugs away too.

If I could afford a helicopter, I could use it to pick up fresh milk a couple times a week and still be well within the carbon offset defined by two less rugrats. Heck, I FEED the cows up at the dairy farm baked beans on Thursdays........because Gaia himself (see what I did there?...that's for what they did to Dr. Smith!!) owes me. The Thursday evening cow-lliope "music" can be heard for almost a mile (1.609 km).

Mad in general?....perhaps.

-Morloc

...The XP bar has had what seems like action. But the main health bar? That thing hasn't budged in months. At least not in any noticeable way. So... health bar just kidding? Or did someone actually doing any estimation on progress just give up on estimating?...

hp-bm-bar-3.jpg.2e78bd869780f4acdf473ce3923f90e4.jpg

We're trotting along =)

Roland.

Dude. Can you do me a favor and confirm or deny whether or not the progress bars in this form thread are a joke? The XP bar has had what seems like action. But the main health bar? That thing hasn't budged in months. At least not in any noticeable way. So... health bar just kidding? Or did someone actually doing any estimation on progress just give up on estimating?

Thanks man. Hope this doesn't come across as a flame.

I remember the health bar being at 2/3 once. And someone estimated the speed and got end of June or end of July.

Since you probably know how that health bar works you also will know that it really doesn't matter whether June or July is the correct one, with all the uncertainty involved in the health bar itself.

Yup bar is mostly for show I think. It is not a timer. It's not winding down at a regular pace. It's just a geusstimate. To be honest I don't even think TFP know themselves the exact date. The probably have a date in mind they would like to hit but they also probably know there will be snafus. The bar could be 2 inches from the end or 2 mm, when the time comes that A17x is released Roland will just fill in the bar.

Sorry if I dashed anyones hopes...

To be honest I don't even think TFP know themselves the exact date.

The only time when an exact date of release for a software is known beforehand is when the developer or producer doesn't care in what state he releases that software.

EA knows release dates beforehand. QED :smile-new:

Yup bar is mostly for show I think. It is not a timer. It's not winding down at a regular pace. It's just a geusstimate. To be honest I don't even think TFP know themselves the exact date. The probably have a date in mind they would like to hit but they also probably know there will be snafus. The bar could be 2 inches from the end or 2 mm, when the time comes that A17x is released Roland will just fill in the bar.

Sorry if I dashed anyones hopes...

You guys are missing the point. And I don't say that to be an ass. The XP bar moving, because it's not impacting the health bar. Seems meaningless. The health bar not moving... Also meaningless.

I'm not trying to figure out a date here people. I'm trying to figure out a lifetime. I.E. if the health bar IS their progress and someone is doing estimation on the TFP side (screw those trying to decipher their own dates), then... we're all going to be dead before this is done... Ya see?

And am I really the only one who get's annoyed at a meaningless progress bar? I'm frankly starting to loathe that dang thing. Just remove the eyesore and the impression that some meaningful progress indicator is being provided.

No one likes a tease... Keep yer date to yourself, not asking for one. lol. Not even remotely. We're all mostly past that.

Edit: The request was for Roland, and really questioning the value of those bars. Repeat: No one asked for a date in this question of mine...

Archived