181 members have voted

1. 1. When will the game be released?

• A17 Experimental February; A17 Stable March
    • A17 Experimental March; A17 Stable April
    • A17 Experimental April; A17 Stable May
    • A17 Experimental May; A17 Stable June
    • A17 Experimental June; A17 Stable July
    • A17 Experimental July; A17 Stable August

Lol, I'm really impatient for A17. I JUST WANNA START A NEW SINGLEPLAYER WORLD.

oh and off topic, but how do I post a new thread? I've made one before but now I can't find where to post a new one. Is this just because I don't have enough rep power?

which day roughly will upgrade to Alpha 17 ??

Tuesday?

Obviously I have no Idea and the Dev's may not even know. 'If' they did know! They wouldn't tell us. InB4: You may get some indication that it May drop soon with their increased post activity but even that's nothing solid either..

which day roughly will upgrade to Alpha 17 ??

maybe in 6 months!

if: "zombies running in circles fixed and overall pathing and movements and actions improved 4/5/18" is really fixed they should just put it out today! :-P

If you guys really want A/B17 to drop, then you need to ask me nicely to start a new world and dig a 5-wide moat-to-bedrock around the 31x31 outer wall of my base. The last three majors all dropped within a week of me finishing all the digging...just in time to restart.

The worst thing was that I couldn't even grumble with the smile on my face. ;)

-Morloc

im going to be honest. With how long the update is taking. (been watching it for about 3 months now)

Whats the point?

I mean I love the game. But really. Im going to long forget this game by the time the update is finished.

You poor guys deff need more hands on deck.

im going to be honest. With how long the update is taking. (been watching it for about 3 months now)

Whats the point?

I mean I love the game. But really. Im going to long forget this game by the time the update is finished.

If you expect instant gratification then you shouldn't buy alphas. They take years to finish.

I'd also rather have slower large updates and not need to restart every few weeks anytime.

Whats the point?

Well, you are talking about a somewhat indie game in an alpha stage.

Take Rimworld for example. I bought Rimworld when it was in Alpha in Early 2014 - and it took almost four years until it got to Beta. But i had tons of fun with it. Every year i usually at some point come back to Rimworld and play a round in the current patch to see all those changes, so every year i play it for a week or two. Hey, that's nice.

Honestly, in my opinion a game in development is always more interesting than a game after release. This goes all the way back to Counter-Strike - i played it 1999, when it was in Beta 4, and it was great that every few month there was a new big patch, with new content and changed game mechanics. When Counter-Strike finally got released, i lost most of my interest in the game - because it became static, because not enough changed...

Granted, the Alpha 17 patch seems to take almost a year and that is definitely not how it should be all the time - but it won't, i guess. This is one patch that will take longer than previous and most likely future patches, it will be probably the one version that took longer than all other versions. That's sad, but there are reasons for it - and we have to accept that for now.

I'm just happy if we finally get an Alpha 17 and it runs more stable and optimized than Alpha 16 - and is even easier to mod. Again, i see the game somewhat like Rimworld: Yes, it is nice if the Developers add lots of future features, but in it's essence it is a framework for modding - and the most replay-value the game gets by all the great work the modding scene is able to do.

So, seriously - go on and forget about the game, that's totally okay. In a few month you might ask yourself: "What became of 7d2d?" and you will be pleasantly surprised by a new version that gives you another few dozen or even hundred hours of play-time. And even if you completely forget about it, at some point in a year or two you will probably read somewhere that the game was officially released - and you can come back! You really don't need to think about the game all the time it is in development and check the status all the time, that will only lead to disappointment if you can't accept that it is still only mid-way through the Alpha...

Whats the point?

Nice try, but failed

Bait 1/10

Troll 2/10

Not sure if i give extrapoints to make a one post account, or if it should Disqualifie

Nice try, but failed

Bait 1/10

Troll 2/10

Not sure if i give extrapoints to make a one post account, or if it should Disqualifie

I think you shouldn't see that as bait or troll attempt - i mean, as long as they keep somewhat friendly there is no reason to bash them for their (flawed) opinion. It's quite possible that this is the honest opinion of a player - it's not an unusual opinion in most 7d2d server communities (seriously, in our discord stuff like that gets posted a lot...). Most players aren't used to the concept of alpha releases or how indie companies work. Like i said in my post above, i know how those things usually go and thus i am more likely to be patient. Those who usually play AAA-Games aren't...

Bashing those people won't help anyone, to be honest. Yeah, it's easy and fun to feel more enlightened than others, but it doesn't make you a lot better than those who really try to troll and bait. I think we have to accept that there are a lot of players who don't understand what "Early Access", especially "Early Access Alpha", means. We can try to make them understand why complaining isn't helping and that "just adding more programmers" won't help as well - or we can ignore them... but as long as they aren't especially aggressive we shouldn't bash them, call them trolls or similar stuff. Don't be part of the problem, try to be part of the solution.

Nice try, but failed

Bait 1/10

Troll 2/10

This is my first EA game. I am not that familiar with trolls. I do have one opinion about it though.

It seems a trolls objective is to get under your skin to get a response....any response. Just the act of posting to them shows that it bugged you enough to make a post. Even saying that "Meh, they are just trolling. Forget about them" is a response.

You sir have just fed the troll..... :)

And yes, even me making this post has most likely fed a troll....:D

Happy Troll Ignoring Day, 2018 everyone.

Archived