• A17 Experimental February; A17 Stable March
    • A17 Experimental March; A17 Stable April
    • A17 Experimental April; A17 Stable May
    • A17 Experimental May; A17 Stable June
    • A17 Experimental June; A17 Stable July
    • A17 Experimental July; A17 Stable August

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sheesh these A17 updates are getting slower and slower and showing us less and less.

Is this A17 really only half way done ?Like are we expected to wait until 2019 for the next patch / Beta ?

That would potentially make this an 8 year game in the making if it comes out 2019/2020.

sheesh these A17 updates are getting slower and slower and showing us less and less.

Is this A17 really only half way done ?Like are we expected to wait until 2019 for the next patch / Beta ?

That would potentially make this an 8 year game in the making if it comes out 2019/2020.

It is part of developing a product, to take its time, good ideas takes some time, great ones are .. who knows.. :)

Enjoy being around.

P.S. Someone add some music here

In 2015 I bought this game, and was already worth the money. Ever since then I got a new game with each update once or twice a year, without having to buy a DLC for it. Every update has been a huge improvement on previous. I find it odd that people complain about this deal. Seems gold to me.

In 2015 I bought this game, and was already worth the money. Ever since then I got a new game with each update once or twice a year, without having to buy a DLC for it. Every update has been a huge improvement on previous. I find it odd that people complain about this deal. Seems gold to me.

Fully agree with you on that.

I've saved almost every release version (not experimental) from A5 forward.

I've gotten nearly 20 different but similar games for the price of 1 purchase.

Best money spent in a long time. TY TFP!

I wonder if alpha 17 is going to be a beta like release because it's going to be huge with content, and the fact that today is officially 10 months since alpha 16 came out.

It's been less than 9 months since we got the first A16 experimental build, but nice try. Something has happened to the dates on last year's forum posts, because I remember Madmole saying he would eat his beard if we weren't play A16 by 4th of July, and then everyone wanted a video of him eating his beard when that day came and went with no experimental release.

Edit: and it just got fixed right in front of my eyes when I refreshed my browser... Suspicious...

It's been less than 9 months since we got the first A16 experimental build, but nice try. Something has happened to the dates on last year's forum posts, because I remember Madmole saying he would eat his beard if we weren't play A16 by 4th of July, and then everyone wanted a video of him eating his beard when that day came and went with no experimental release.

Edit: and it just got fixed right in front of my eyes when I refreshed my browser... Suspicious...

The date posted on the release notes on the website is June 6 2017, that's what I am going off of. 9 months or 10 months, either way, 1 new alpha once a year is a little extreme no.

The date posted on the release notes on the website is June 6 2017, that's what I am going off of. 9 months or 10 months, either way, 1 new alpha once a year is a little extreme no.

Well it's already about to be April 6th so that's the 10 month mark. Kind of still expecting A17 to release in early june which unfortunately would be the 1 year mark. But quality matters so I don't mind waiting. Hope everyone else can be as patient as myself

The longer development cycles are better for both the devs and the modders. I guarantee the final game comes sooner with longer development cycles, because they don't have to make a fully functioning build every time they tweak something. They make a whole bunch of changes, then make a functioning build. Less work and bug squashing in the long run. Also good for the modding community because modders have more time to tinker with each build. If we had a new update every month or two, most modders wouldn't be willing to put the effort into it just to have to rebuild their mod every month to work with the current build. And you would never get these huge overhaul mods like starvation, valmod, ravenhearst, etc. until after the game went gold.

Well it's already about to be April 6th so that's the 10 month mark. Kind of still expecting A17 to release in early june which unfortunately would be the 1 year mark. But quality matters so I don't mind waiting. Hope everyone else can be as patient as myself

I just realized the mid July release was for stable. Experimental was out in June. I will now be eating my beard.

Here's the difference here.

This game is being developed by basically a small team of I think at this point you can consider the dev team for 7dtd as indie developers? They aren't being backed by a giant like EA (whom might I say have a very bad rep for gobbling up smaller game companies and game development teams and slaving them out to develop games at breakneck paces in order to get maximum amount of profit.)

Small game dev teams have one purpose in mind. To make very awesome and great games, games that they themselves want to play and enjoy but also want their players to enjoy.

Large development teams are usually developing games at the sufferance of a larger entity. Sure they're triple A games but they ususally have a development of around 1-3 years before they're out the door. Most of the major big name companies behind such games are only in it for one purpose only and that is getting as much money out of a product as possible. Game developers at these companies aren't treated right honestly and it's almost like being treated like slave labor at what they're asked to do and the sucky amount of money they're paid to develop these games.

Small game dev team/company = Quality over quantity.

Big game dev/company = usually Quantity over quality, this in turn = more money in the companies pockets.

Go away and play fallout 4.

There you can try to place a ladder in build menue until 2030 or later.

Better 10 Years in Early acess as like fallout 4 abandoned before beta

Loving the "...a little extreme no." or do you mean "is a little extreme, no?" or "is a little extreme, No!" OR do you have a daily quota of using extreme in a sentence and had to meet it?

either way.. Quality usually takes time. What theyve completed seems to be pretty large overhaul to the physics & combat system and such.

I would love a new vid (if there's new stuff thats finished [preferably aerial combat! please! dog fights with bandits in gyrocopters and/or bombing run.)

Archived