181 members have voted

1. 1. When will the game be released?

• A17 Experimental February; A17 Stable March
    • A17 Experimental March; A17 Stable April
    • A17 Experimental April; A17 Stable May
    • A17 Experimental May; A17 Stable June
    • A17 Experimental June; A17 Stable July
    • A17 Experimental July; A17 Stable August

if them tell "the alpha will be ready soon", it will take 3 more months. Roland updated the pool with "not in february", so I am expecting the A17 maybe in august :D

If they update so rarly..and still in alpha after so many years..the people will get bored even with the mods aleady exists(shortly good mods but bad servers and to play solo a mod become bored verry quickly)...the game will lose more people.....

If they update so rarly..and still in alpha after so many years..the people will get bored even with the mods aleady exists(shortly good mods but bad servers and to play solo a mod become bored verry quickly)...the game will lose more people.....

bomb_fail-318x231.gif

Start a new game. There’s plenty of time for you fully explore and progress. Try a new mod.
Can I suggest you change it to "Not before August" (or whatever). "Not in January" was fun while it lasted, but if we end up playing the "not this month" game every month for the rest of the year, it's going to get old very quickly. I don't mind when it's ready, but kinda at least knowing what quarter of the year you are roughly aiming for would be good enough for me.

What would be more clever, I think, is to post what "day" development is at, where day 7 is release. My money is on that you probably only around day 2 and we are expecting a Q4 release ;)

That said, I love the ideas shaping up for A17 and it will be worth the wait no matter what.

I do have a technical question though. To you guys practice Test Driven Development at all? Thanks in advance.

Can I suggest you change it to "Not before August" (or whatever). "Not in January" was fun while it lasted, but if we end up playing the "not this month" game every month for the rest of the year, it's going to get old very quickly. I don't mind when it's ready, but kinda at least knowing what quarter of the year you are roughly aiming for would be good enough for me.

What would be more clever, I think, is to post what "day" development is at, where day 7 is release. My money is on that you probably only around day 2 and we are expecting a Q4 release ;)

That said, I love the ideas shaping up for A17 and it will be worth the wait no matter what.

I do have a technical question though. To you guys practice Test Driven Development at all? Thanks in advance.

There are no release time announcements given. By saying not in January and then not in February near the beginnings of those months it let's people know they can go ahead and start a new world if they wish and have lots of time to develop their game. I'm not trying to be cute in saying that. I'm trying to give the best information I can to help people plan how they want to wait for the update without crossing the line into giving a tentative date. This way people know they can:

1) continue in their current world

2) start a new world

3) try out an overhaul mod

4) become one of Guppy's builder slaves

5) play a different game

6) go outside and play

it let's people know they can go ahead and start a new world if they wish and have lots of time to develop their game
Ah ok - if that's the intent, that's fine. I still reckon the "we are on day 4 development wise" conveys the same, if not more information ;) (where development days have no relation to real calendar time, and could go backwards - yes, cheat mode is allowed during development). Day 7 would mean your done adding things and in polish mode (so maybe it's maybe not a good time to invest in starting a new game). Just a fun idea ;)

But hey, I develop software for a living too and I am constantly fighting with marketing about "no, I can't give you a deadline" so I know what it's like (ever seen the comedy sketch "The Expert" on YouTube? - story of my life).

Para cuando? :)

Sigo este juego desde que se parecia al minecraft, cada vez que meten un parche lo mejoran en todos los aspectos, yo voy notando las mejoras de rendimiento, graficos y contenido, cosa que otras personas solo se quejan, yo aplaudo su esfuerzo y dedicacion a este gran titulo.

Viendo sus videos y la cantidad de cosas que van a implementar, supongo que no faltara mucho para que lo liberen.

Tiene alguna fecha mas o menos calculada para esta update 17?

Tengo el mono, gracias y saludos.

I continue this game since it looked like minecraft, every time they put a patch they improve it in all aspects, I'm noticing the performance improvements, graphics and content, which other people only complain, I applaud their effort and dedication to this great title.

Watching their videos and the amount of things they are going to implement, I guess it will not be long before they release it.

Do you have a more or less calculated date for this update 17?

I have the monkey, thanks and regards.

• 2 weeks later...

When is Alpha 17?

My wife and I want to invest back into the game, but feel like we should wait until Alpha 7 release.

Can we at least get an idea of "when". Like, should we bother playing or is it right around the corner?

Thanks. :fat:

Archived