181 members have voted

1. 1. When will the game be released?

• A17 Experimental February; A17 Stable March
    • A17 Experimental March; A17 Stable April
    • A17 Experimental April; A17 Stable May
    • A17 Experimental May; A17 Stable June
    • A17 Experimental June; A17 Stable July
    • A17 Experimental July; A17 Stable August

This is my first EA game. I am not that familiar with trolls. I do have one opinion about it though.

It seems a trolls objective is to get under your skin to get a response....any response. Just the act of posting to them shows that it bugged you enough to make a post. Even saying that "Meh, they are just trolling. Forget about them" is a response.

You sir have just fed the troll..... :)

Ok, since I don't believe that poster was a troll and feel I need to respond to your post, are you a troll now?

The label is so easy to put on anyone giving a contrary opinion. Similar with the labels "fanboy" and "hater". It is an easy way to disparage other opinions.

Nice try, but failed

Bait 1/10

Troll 2/10

Not sure if i give extrapoints to make a one post account, or if it should Disqualifie

2 posts now. And I wasn't trying to bait or troll at all.

Honestly I have played fully though the game and a huge mod. Being 100. I was just a little upset to come see that the ticker had not moved at all. Then seeing other comments and posts about how long it was taking. I just feel like maybe its wasted time on a 2012 game. I mean I might not know what im talking about. But it was 100% not me trying to troll or bait anyone out. Should probably be a bit nicer to new people who join the forum. We are the new crowd who find the game later than you.

I mean. I'll give you this. for a 2012 game and a massive update that will take years to bring out before any new content, its pretty good that you guys have people like me that come on board 6 years after release. should probably treat us a bit better. at least 3 or 4 replies to me basically calling me an idiot. But thankfully I have thick skin. But i'm also more of a lurker. So you most likely will get a couple replies to this from me then back to my darken spot against the wall where i watch everything.

And proof of me not just being a troll here that makes an account to cause issues. Here is my steam. with the game purchased just months ago:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/Lovingfaces

should probably treat us a bit better. at least 3 or 4 replies to me basically calling me an idiot.

They might be a little frustrated at the neverending influx of (sometimes even hostile) posters lately who have two things in common:

1) No knowledge about games development or programming and

2) the conviction that they know how fast development should be although it is the first time in history that players really got to see the inside of games development processes because of EA.

Many of them remind me of certain persons in this sketch:

really? dont nick pick at me. get the general message i'm trying to deliver.

This is your problem. You read terms such as "Early Access", "WIP", "In Development", "Alpha" and gloss over them as though they are...nits to pick. Until you really believe that what was advertised is actually true and that the developers really were being honest in giving access to an unfinished under-construction project, you will always feel resentment and impatience. Those of us who aren't upset are here because we like the process and enjoy experiencing the journey. Those of you who are fed up just want a game to play without annoying bugs RIGHT NOW because you paid for the game and are entitled to be able to play it.

Sorry. You actually paid for access and the game will be delivered at no extra charge once it is completed and the timetable is what it is and not open for debate. The fact that this is an ongoing project since 2012 and will be (most likely) a 2019 game is not just semantics. It is the whole point of these forums and all the discussions and sharing of ideas is based on the truth that the game hasn't arrived yet.

Someone just asked a few posts up why the devs can't just pick out a few highly desired changes and push those out. The reason is that A16 is not the game. They've moved on and putting any time into making changes designed for the next iteration to try and work for the current iteration is completely wasted time and money. A16 is a dead end road. A16 is not the game.

...and welcome to the forums. :)

This is your problem. You read terms such as "Early Access", "WIP", "In Development", "Alpha" and gloss over them as though they are...nits to pick. Until you really believe that what was advertised is actually true and that the developers really were being honest in giving access to an unfinished under-construction project, you will always feel resentment and impatience. Those of us who aren't upset are here because we like the process and enjoy experiencing the journey. Those of you who are fed up just want a game to play without annoying bugs RIGHT NOW because you paid for the game and are entitled to be able to play it.

Sorry. You actually paid for access and the game will be delivered at no extra charge once it is completed and the timetable is what it is and not open for debate. The fact that this is an ongoing project since 2012 and will be (most likely) a 2019 game is not just semantics. It is the whole point of these forums and all the discussions and sharing of ideas is based on the truth that the game hasn't arrived yet.

Someone just asked a few posts up why the devs can't just pick out a few highly desired changes and push those out. The reason is that A16 is not the game. They've moved on and putting any time into making changes designed for the next iteration to try and work for the current iteration is completely wasted time and money. A16 is a dead end road. A16 is not the game.

you guys are really good at holding onto one sentence of a post of 2 paragraphs.

anyways the vibe of this forum is not for me. Ill be taking my leave

really? dont nick pick at me. get the general message i'm trying to deliver.

It's not a nitpick, it's a fact. Your entire "general message" is predicated on that it's a 2012 game and should be closer to some arbitrary deadline and has met stretchgoals you've established in your head.

But it's not; you literally chose to buy a game that's still in development, and then complain that it's not finished to your liking.

- - - Updated - - -

you guys are really good at holding onto one sentence of a post of 2 paragraphs.

anyways the vibe of this forum is not for me. Ill be taking my leave

If you're not adequately getting your point across, that's on you. And yeh, I know you're reading this.

No one's being hostile towards you, so if you're that sensitive, I'd highly recommend staying away from steam. =)

No one's being hostile towards you, so if you're that sensitive, I'd highly recommend staying away from steam. =)

That's not the vibe he's talking about. He isn't getting the support of enough like-minded folk who want to be critical of timelines. He came here and posted "It's going too slow and the game is dying!" thinking he'd get some +1 and "This" action. Instead he hit the wall of the generally hopeful attitude that is prevalent in this forum.

If he goes to Steam forums he'll fit right in. The vibe he's looking for is strong there.

That's not the vibe he's talking about. He isn't getting the support of enough like-minded folk who want to be critical of timelines. He came here and posted "It's going too slow and the game is dying!" thinking he'd get some +1 and "This" action. Instead he hit the wall of the generally hopeful attitude that is prevalent in this forum.

If he goes to Steam forums he'll fit right in. The vibe he's looking for is strong there.

Oh, there are plenty of those folks here too.

It does seem like it's been a long time since the last update (because it has), and MM's little experiment of not communicating as much doesn't seem to be going well, so I can definitely feel that "vibe", but only if I put myself into the shoes of a new person who hasn't been doing this for a while... which, truth to tell, the pimps should be doing as well... but that's not my business.

Ok, since I don't believe that poster was a troll and feel I need to respond to your post, are you a troll now?

The label is so easy to put on anyone giving a contrary opinion. Similar with the labels "fanboy" and "hater". It is an easy way to disparage other opinions.

A. Am not a troll.

2. Didn't say poster was a troll. Was saying if someone responds to a troll they are giving the troll what they want just by responding with anything to their post.......

wait, are you trolling me...... :D

A. Am not a troll.

2. Didn't say poster was a troll. Was saying if someone responds to a troll they are giving the troll what they want just by responding with anything to their post.......

There you go feeding again.

You're a feeder.

Probably a bottom feeder.

:p

Compared to Steam forums....... not really ^^:tickled_pink:

INo one's being hostile towards you, so if you're that sensitive, I'd highly recommend staying away from steam. =)

Hey, We try and keep that place as clean as possible. Some days that would be a full-time job for many. :)

A. Am not a troll.

I still stop by now and then, but I have to specifically call out... I love the "A" and "#2" of this post. Thanks. :D

If by "we like the process and enjoy the experience" you mean constantly make fun of the devs, twist every nose we come across, and generally behave like third grade school children because there's no adults here telling us to grow up, well, I spose you're right.

If you mean any of us (well, the modders maybe) actually enjoy testing, giving feedback, and watching a thing be built....well, see the above comment about third grade school children.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a nitpick, it's a fact. Your entire "general message" is predicated on that it's a 2012 game and should be closer to some arbitrary deadline and has met stretchgoals you've established in your head.

But it's not; you literally chose to buy a game that's still in development, and then complain that it's not finished to your liking.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're not adequately getting your point across, that's on you. And yeh, I know you're reading this.

We're not? I mean, erm, yeah! We're not! If Guppy says it, it must be so!

Sometimes you guys are like broken records...

BronzeDazzlingFairybluebird-max-1mb.gif

If you ever played the game Lollipop chainsaw (HEY don't judge me!)

There were a few way out there moments...

Like the part where you are on a Thresher in the middle of a wheat field...you start circling to take out the hordes of zombies

out there and then...that song...yes THAT song starts playing...You spin my right round baby , right round , like a record baby...

Weird things like that made the game actually funny...

Archived