The Offtopic, A17 thread.

Royal Deluxe

I want both why do I have to compromise?

That is patently untrue because far cry 5 renders graphics that good at 4k in real time at playable frame rates.

Don't get me wrong, Far Cry 5 has really nice graphics but I don't remember seeing them looking as good as that video. I haven't watched a lot of Far Cry game play videos though so I could be wrong. Hmmm, think I'll go check out those now. Boss IS out of the office after all. :)

I want both why do I have to compromise?

That is patently untrue because far cry 5 renders graphics that good at 4k in real time at playable frame rates.

Can far cry do that while also building and running a dynamic world with a voxel engine?

The fact that you have asked why you can't have both while replying to a post in which I explain why you can't have both shows a distinct lack of understanding of how game development and game engines work.

Can far cry do that while also building and running a dynamic world with a voxel engine?

The fact that you have asked why you can't have both while replying to a post in which I explain why you can't have both shows a distinct lack of understanding of how game development and game engines work.

You are being far too critical and intractable, that's on you because nothing is impossible it is just highly improbable and if you are saying that it is impossible you just lack imagination.

Also you aren't qualified to judge me and you are being a bully so back off.

You are being far too critical and intractable, that's on you because nothing is impossible it is just highly improbable and if you are saying that it is impossible you just lack imagination.

Also you aren't qualified to judge me so back off.

When was the last time you wrote shader code? For me it was a couple of months ago... when it comes to the capabilities of game engine graphics I am indeed more than qualified to judge the opinion of a player.

Don't get me wrong, Far Cry 5 has really nice graphics but I don't remember seeing them looking as good as that video. I haven't watched a lot of Far Cry game play videos though so I could be wrong. Hmmm, think I'll go check out those now. Boss IS out of the office after all. :)

Make sure you stream it in 4k on a 4k monitor.

- - - Updated - - -

When was the last time you wrote shader code? For me it was a couple of months ago... when it comes to the capabilities of game engine graphics I am indeed more than qualified to judge the opinion of a player.

Are you entitled though? no you aren't, you are being a bully.

I think you should take a minute and google the definition of a bully and really think about your actions before you continue to engage me.

Are you entitled though? no you aren't, you are being a bully.

I think you should take a minute and google the definition of a bully and really think about your actions before you continue to engage me.

Maybe you should look up the definition of a bully. Gronk has tried neither to harm nor to intimidate you. He has tried to correct you, and it would seem that he does have superior knowledge to you.

As for "impossible" versus "highly improbable," that's a moot point. It probably is possible with plenty of time and effort. Gronk is telling you that the devs are not likely to expend that time and effort, and he says that from the perspective of a developer. You can accept his words, or you can not.

I want it all why do I have to compromise?

That is patently untrue because far cry 5 renders graphics that good at 4k in real time at playable frame rates, of course it is built on the Cryengine 5 but Unity 2018 is supposed to be as good by the end of it's development cycle.

Far Cry 5 is not a VOXEL game. I repeat Far Cry 5 is not a VOXEL game. There is a big difference between VOXEL games and non-voxel games. In non-voxel games you are typically looking at static objects with textures painted on them. Some of them even have colliders. In VOXEL games almost every object is a block which can be destroyed or modified. There is a BIG difference between the two. There is a lot more overhead in voxel games that impact how pretty or realistic they can appear.

EDIT - Whoops. I didn’t read to the end of the thread before posting. I am not trying to re-start this.

• 4 weeks later...
Almost a year between alpha's. Is our faith misplaced?

This alpha has taken a substantial amount of time and work, in contrary to other alpha releases.

But, they have also hired a lot of new guys to help out, they have done tons of work on the AI as well as other new features.

I have a feeling we haven't even seen 10% of all the new stuff that is going into this alpha.

I think the biggest change is how the game plays now.

This will be a very polished release, from my understanding, and next release might even be a Beta release.

TFP doesn't do things half way, at the end of the day they are just as eager to get a new release out there just as we are eager for the next release.

I bought the console version before I got the PC version. I don't recall the console version being billed as Early Access. I moved on to PC because it has better features. EXACTLY like I expected when I bought the XBox version.

The only console games that are as good as their PC version are games designed for console and then ported. If you design for PC then the game will not port to console intact. You have to sacrifice something to get it to work on the equivalent of a low end last generation PC. That is the trade off you choose when you buy a console. But, for that trade off you get a really good gaming system for games designed with those limitations in mind.

Thats a trade off I am not willing to make anymore, I refuse to buy a game thats been ported to PC from console anymore. the UI are ♥♥♥♥ unless its modifiable.

That's kind of a dumb take.

There isn't really an equivalent to Steam early access on console.

TFP made a cash grab working out the deal with TT and IG so that they could devote more resources to developing the PC version. What us poor schmucks who shelled out $40 bucks for 7DtD got was a broken, unfinished product with poor support and eons between updates.

I'll stop complaining when I get my $40 back or TFP ensure that TT and IG make good on the $40 price tag.

Right now the game feels like a hard sell for $10.00 on console.

It's obnoxious how you guys get myriad details on forthcoming updates, yet a year since the last substantive update on console, the only thing they tell console players is "there will be an update at some later time."

It's a pretty massive middle finger to everyone who had the misfortune of buying the console version.

Sorry you feel like that, but shoulda went PC to begin with, /smirk.

I feel your pain, but we hardly get weekly update videos...

Although the game WAS sold on the console as a finished game, there is no excuse for it not being a WORKING game.

We've been pretty starved of videos and totally want to see more of A17, but it does make the rare videos pretty special.

To be fair, many games are sold as finished and need some serious patching afterwards to get them working well, so 7 Days should get a lot of updates on consoles for years to come as well.

That's kind of a dumb take.

There isn't really an equivalent to Steam early access on console.

TFP made a cash grab working out the deal with TT and IG so that they could devote more resources to developing the PC version. What us poor schmucks who shelled out $40 bucks for 7DtD got was a broken, unfinished product with poor support and eons between updates.

I'll stop complaining when I get my $40 back or TFP ensure that TT and IG make good on the $40 price tag.

Right now the game feels like a hard sell for $10.00 on console.

It's obnoxious how you guys get myriad details on forthcoming updates, yet a year since the last substantive update on console, the only thing they tell console players is "there will be an update at some later time."

It's a pretty massive middle finger to everyone who had the misfortune of buying the console version.

Your whining be falling on deaf ears in here as it is PC. Nothing to do with console.... go to console and go off at them lol all you be getting here is laughed at....

- - - Updated - - -

I never understood why the bridges were elevated with a wedge block in the first place, if they just leveled the bridge with the ground it would eliminate this issue all together.

Yeh me neither lol. Would look way more authentic and real if it were plush with the rd...

Madmole this should be a thing lol.

Your whining be falling on deaf ears in here as it is PC. Nothing to do with console.... go to console and go off at them lol all you be getting here is laughed at....

- - - Updated - - -

He is getting laughed at over in the console section as well. I own the game on both PC and console and he is mad because I post in the console section. Then he says that I told him to spend $1500 on a PC and never said anything about buying a PC at all. He is just so unhappy with life that he comes here to troll. Ignore him and he will go away lmao.

• 3 weeks later...
Pretty sure that's racist.

Edit: that was in context to what mikee wrote but he quickly changed what he posted.

He does make it exceedingly difficult to refrain from trolling him.

Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

(Sir Humphrey Appleby's translation)

Archived