Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I have not kept pace with a17 development as I felt I needed a break from 7d2d for a bit and I'm some info.

I love playing solo but on multiplayer servers, one thing has always bothered me with sleepers.

When I start on a server late and enter a poi that a high level player has been to and not cleared there will be irradiated cops and others.

Is anything being done in a17 so this sort of thing does not happen?

If not, is it going to be looked at in the future?

I don't like single player as I like to chat and check out others builds and this is just a small annoyance when starting new on an established server.

Plus I'm quite a casual player and cannot keep my levels/gear up with the addicts(I wish I had the time😭).

You don't need sextants unless... World travel confirmed!

Based on your forum avatar, I would think that you used them all the time. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Haha, there's a first time for everything my friend.. :)

And a last time to. ;)

@The Fun Pimps

This game has the potential to be the greatest post apocalyptic thriller of all time, there is no reason to ever move on and stop developing this game it could be improved upon forever, in fact pay to play and expansion packs for the game should be the business model until the end of time.

Never stop improving, never stop reaching for the ultimate, strive to become the next WoW, in The Fun Pimps we trust!

Be Unity's flagship game developer, give them a reason to push the limits of what is possible.

I will pay a monthly fee to play this game forever, bring it on!

Rent a server. BAM! There you go, pay to play. And with the amount of energy and attention you have for this game, you would probably love being admin on your own server.

What??

Maybe there is a language barrier here. Breaking blocks does not equal digging. Digging is a subset of breaking blocks. Zombies have always been able to break blocks. You can make a wall out of any block, and if a zombie wants to get there, the zombie will attack the wall until blocks are broken.

My issue is not with their ability to break blocks. I know that they have always been able to do that.

My issue is with their AI. Why would they improve their base wrecking capabilities allowing them to target different blocks in front of them, but not below? Hence digging?

If you really love me Kage then you will look for invisible HUD on Sphereii's Mod Launcher and record a session trying it out--for me. As much as you guys who love your HUD elements like to theorize about how awful the game would be without them, once you are forced to use environmental clues and pay attention to time and direction yourself, it is like a whole new game. A really really really new good extremely cinematic game. Please go give it a try! (And F7 is garbage compared to the invisible HUD mod. You need the mod so you have full functionality while the HUD is gone. Anyone who thinks they've tried invisible HUD by pressing F7 is fooling themselves.) :)

If they reversed my idea I would be happy to spend my hard earned skill points on that even though it would make zero sense thematically....lol

I want to start off by saying my suggestion to use f7 was not to be a ♥♥♥♥ or a smartass. I have only used f7 for screenshots for thumbnails. I assumed the game played the same in f7 mode, minus the hud. Was I mistaken? And if I am wrong then why can't TFP just make It so all f7 does it take away the hud, would that work for you?

I'll definitely do a video with no hud, provided I can install it and use it in one of my lps, then remove it without issues. Can I do that? Really, i think it would make a really cool episode, weather I like it or not.

I don't think I've ever played a game without a hud and I doubt I ever will, although I would make an exception for 7 Days to Die, I would not be happy about it.

Also when I said it's a terrible idea I didn't mean it like that. I'm sure for you and players like you it's a great idea. I just meant I wouldn't like it in my game, that's all.

I think these forum's exist in a pretty strong echo chamber. I think many players would not be happy without a ui.

I think for me and Roland and I'm sure many others here, there's a real disconnect on what we want from the game, and please if I'm wrong let me know. I think you guys seem to want the hardcore survival elements to be prioritised. I love survival but I don't need that level in this game, or want it really. My love of survival in this game comes from building defensive interesting bases and battling on horde night. Having to look at the sun to tell the time is not something that appeals to me. It actually sounds really bad tbh. Now, let me craft a watch for my time and you're onto something. But not being able to see my hps, sta, hotbar? Sorry, no.

Yeah, how on Earth would bears find me underground? Smell? I don't think so if we are several stone blocks apart...

I want to be safe when I am hidden. Zombies having a gps to my position is so stupid.

Correction: "I want to be safe*r* underground". That is all you can expect if you make a plea for comparing the situation to reality.

In reality, almost nothing is absolute. You can be better hidden but never completely. If you hide in your garage, police dogs will surely find you 99 times out of 100. If you dig a tunnel in your garage (in a week you should be able to dig a tunnel of 5 meters(?)), they might miss you 5 times out of 100, not because they smell you directly but because they smell your trail. If you dig really really deep (say 6 months) don't go out ever and try to cover your tracks with other smells, you might fool most police dogs but then the owner of the dog might find your entrance hole. (Numbers pulled out of my a***, but the stories you hear about dogs and their smelling ability are really astounding).

But lets leave reality and consider zombies. The game can imagine any power the zombies have, and the game might use approximations for powers. If zombies had police dog equivalent smell they would find your underground entrance with deadly accuracy. Now the game doesn't simulate this, it instead just makes the zombies know where to find you. Whether that is an approximation of their superior smell and other senses or a supernatural sense, well, choose the one you like better. Since in reality you can't dig tunnels of 100 meters or more in a week, imagine that the smelling superpower of zombies is just the compensation for your digging superpower.

If you don't like being safe underground, just do not build there.

If you don't like being in an unsafe world, don't play zombie survival games.

Generic zombies are the threat, not the reward.

That's nice. So hiding is smart and building forts is for future zombies. :)

Edit: Don't get me wrong, Al's Glue and Fertilizer Company*** is always looking for volunteers!

***Also a quality supplier for Al's Marina and Burritos... stuff.

Kage, with respect, but a pay-to-play set-up would be terrible idea (IMO).

Still really like your let's plays, but no, I think you're wrong.

I can respect that lol. I just want The Fun Pimps chained to there desks making this game forever. I'm willing to pay for it lol. Half joking btw lol.

I pray to all that is holy there next game is survival too. I hope they don't go the way Noch, spelling?, did. Scrolls was horrible.

Dear Madmole. How do you miss an unmoving zombie at point blank range? AND with a shotgun???

I guess it's a bug then because shotguns should have an area effect to them.

It might be a bug, but it also might be a result of RPG methods in the game.

In many games like shooters your real life ability to aim is used to determine if you hit. In a pure RPG only the stats of your character (like perception or accuracy...) together with a random dice roll determine your success instead.

We already have this partly in A16: If you are running there is a good chance you don't hit even though you are exactly pointing at the target.

And according to Roland in A17 RPG methods will influence all shooting and hitting. Your shots will hit somewhere random in a circle the size of which is determined by weapon mods and your character's abilities and buffs. Together with your real life ability to point that is, you still need to bring that circle in contact with the zombie.

My post was no joke either. 40-60 degrees.

Having to google what "flipping the bird" means is sure to destroy any timing of a joke anyway. So it was just as well that it wasn't a joke. Also a sentence with "degree" in it can't ever be funny for alumni :fat:

I can respect that lol. I just want The Fun Pimps chained to there desks making this game forever. I'm willing to pay for it lol. Half joking btw lol.

I pray to all that is holy there next game is survival too. I hope they don't go the way Noch, spelling?, did. Scrolls was horrible.

If TFP could pull off a massive city like New York!

-A detailed system of surviving the NY subways and below them (I know, easier than it is today at 3am), Oxegen, water, ect.

-An extremely hostile above ground that has lots of loot further away from the subways.

That or some world adventure, as a pre or post 7D2D.

-A detailed system of surviving the NY subways and below them (I know, easier than it is today at 3am), Oxegen, water, ect.

-An extremely hostile above ground that has lots of loot further away from the subways.

Cool concept (an actual city as the map) and one i could get behind.

Fixed a bunch of ugliness with rabbits and chickens. They now move and animate (cross fade) nicely.

I discovered they both have a second idle anim, which was only shown for one frame and then jumped to idle 1.

Thank you (for the information specifically). For players it is actually very interesting to hear about such details.

Thinking about similar thing for a long time. NY, Chicago, LA, as DLCs, you know.

+1

Cool concept (an actual city as the map) and one i could get behind.

Yes, I imagine the dream of every player to have his home town or nearest city as play ground. Sadly whatever city is picked 99.9% of players don't get their wish.

Correction: "I want to be safe*r* underground". That is all you can expect if you make a plea for comparing the situation to reality.

In reality, almost nothing is absolute. You can be better hidden but never completely. If you hide in your garage, police dogs will surely find you 99 times out of 100. If you dig a tunnel in your garage (in a week you should be able to dig a tunnel of 5 meters(?)), they might miss you 5 times out of 100, not because they smell you directly but because they smell your trail. If you dig really really deep (say 6 months) don't go out ever and try to cover your tracks with other smells, you might fool most police dogs but then the owner of the dog might find your entrance hole. (Numbers pulled out of my a***, but the stories you hear about dogs and their smelling ability are really astounding).

But lets leave reality and consider zombies. The game can imagine any power the zombies have, and the game might use approximations for powers. If zombies had police dog equivalent smell they would find your underground entrance with deadly accuracy. Now the game doesn't simulate this, it instead just makes the zombies know where to find you. Whether that is an approximation of their superior smell and other senses or a supernatural sense, well, choose the one you like better. Since in reality you can't dig tunnels of 100 meters or more in a week, imagine that the smelling superpower of zombies is just the compensation for your digging superpower.

If you don't like being in an unsafe world, don't play zombie survival games.

Israeli forces cannot detect Palestinian tunnels under the border, but yes, zombies can detect you 60 blocks below the surface.

What happens if my entrance is a mile away?

Israeli forces cannot detect Palestinian tunnels under the border, but yes, zombies can detect you 60 blocks below the surface.

What happens if my entrance is a mile away?

The same trick didn't really work for Saddam Hussein. The caves of the Taliban were also less than impenetrable. The tunnels of Vietnam were a bit more effective but still not the perfect system.

I can pull more historical examples of tunnels and underground fortifications being found and breached if you like.

Thinking about similar thing for a long time. NY, Chicago, LA, as DLCs, you know.

+1

It would be an expensive DLC! Unless a lot of the buildings are destroyed and radiated from the nukes (trying to kill off the zombies?). The buildings that remain could have ad-hoc bridges spanning between buildings. The higher up the better the air and more expensive.

Have Central Park as a horrific place with gangs owning building around it with lots of "quests" once the player is strong enough to actually make it out of the subways.

Zip-lines required! :D

The same trick didn't really work for Saddam Hussein. The caves of the Taliban were also less than impenetrable. The tunnels of Vietnam were a bit more effective but still not the perfect system.

I can pull more historical examples of tunnels and underground fortifications being found and breached if you like.

Intelligence got Saddam, he was not detected by a device. When they make those discoveries it is because of intel, not devices able to find the tunnels. Not even dogs can

Archived