Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Actually I'm not joking I would like to see them make a Ultra Realism Graphics Pack so we can play in 4k bliss, I didn't buy a GTX 1080 Ti so I could play Facebook games.

If 7DTD is your primary game and you bought a 1080Ti, then you wasted your money.

Simple as that.

I mean, I want to upgrade my 980Ti to a 1080, but I don't expect the dev's to update the graphics of 7DTD just because I bought a powerful GPU. I use that card for games that need it/benefit from it.

It's not just a texture resolution problem, if you want true 4k many of the meshes would have to be improved and their UV's recalculated, no point in polishing a turd. That's an increasing amount of work for a dwindling amount of people.

I'm surprised nobody has done a high-def texture mod, it's pretty easy to mod in and I'm pretty sure the textures in the engine can handle 4096, I may be wrong though and it's 2048.

Bigger! We have textures atlases as big as 8k.

With the added bonus that you can work out the time of day roughly from the sun as long as you know the position of the sun, the rough direction of north, and the length of day.

So how accurate is sun in game. I don't recall if at 12:00 it is directly above. Also I recall the sun use to rise in SE and set in NW. Does anyone know if that has been fixed?

So how accurate is sun in game. I don't recall if at 12:00 it is directly above. Also I recall the sun use to rise in SE and set in NW. Does anyone know if that has been fixed?

That's a feature, not a bug. I live in the Northern hemisphere, the sun is _never_ directly overhead. The NW/SE thing is for better lighting, it was less work than rotating all of the voxels by 45 degrees. :-)

That's a feature, not a bug. I live in the Northern hemisphere, the sun is _never_ directly overhead. The NW/SE thing is for better lighting, it was less work than rotating all of the voxels by 45 degrees. :-)

I also live in northern hemisphereii. The sun being over head is a thing you see in movies and games I imagine to show high noon.

The rest of your statement I have no idea about as I haven't a clue what you are talking aboot. :D

That would be a vicious easter egg to hide in the code. They find Roland's steam ID and if the machine running 7 Days has that ID the bars are on EVERYTHIING. All blocks, all animals, all zombies, etc, etc. Lol

lol how do we know they are not "easteregging" members of the forum who piss them off this way already. :D

Troll: "Stupid game. Why the f&$% does this keep happening to me?"

We will probably be trying it out on dogs. Basically they will just dig on their current block or adjacent block, but it depends on how it looks. The target will need to be mostly under them.

The path grid generates on terrain like anything else, so caves should be fine, but have not tested on tunnels yet.

Dogs......AND bears. Wights and spiders should be able bash obstacles up and down. No new zombies, just improved abilities without magic. :)

I also live in northern hemisphereii. The sun being over head is a thing you see in movies and games I imagine to show high noon.

The rest of your statement I have no idea about as I haven't a clue what you are talking aboot. :D

If the sun were to go from East to West all voxels would receive flat light against their faces at dawn and dusk. If the sun were directly overhead no vertical voxel faces would receive light. The current setup with the lower angle of arc across the sky and the offset dawn and dusk provides better lighting for buildings over the course of the day. MadMole gave the reasons in a video when the change was introduced.

Dogs......AND bears. Wights and spiders should be able bash obstacles up and down. No new zombies, just improved abilities without magic. :)

Digging zombie bears....

I take it back! I change my vote!!!!

If the sun were to go from East to West all voxels would receive flat light against their faces at dawn and dusk. If the sun were directly overhead no vertical voxel faces would receive light. The current setup with the lower angle of arc across the sky and the offset dawn and dusk provides better lighting for buildings over the course of the day. MadMole gave the reasons in a video when the change was introduced.

And I thought you were making a hilarious joke in the previous post. Well,. doesn't matter, I got a good laugh out of it.

s’okay. I’ve actually been giggling for the last 15 minutes thinking about 3-4 zombie bears digging down and me in my bunker hearing their roars getting closer and seeing dirt and stone particles raining down from the ceiling.

Survival horror in spades. :)

how about an option to have the sun come up ne and set nw for us southerners?

also when water is upgraded any whirlpools or plugholes can have the water spiral the correct way.

moss on the southern side of trees...

petrol instead of gas...

lol!

Flipping someone the bird seems to work better at a 40 to 60 degree angle than a straight up 90 degree angle as well. Easier on the wrist and better lighting.

/the more you know.

This must be from years of experience as a math teacher.....returning a graded exam to a student and observing the students' response...... :)

And I thought you were making a hilarious joke in the previous post. Well,. doesn't matter, I got a good laugh out of it.

It's usually a good idea to treat anything I say as a joke, unless I happen to be right... in which case it's probably a mistake :-)

Fixed a bunch of ugliness with rabbits and chickens. They now move and animate (cross fade) nicely.

I discovered they both have a second idle anim, which was only shown for one frame and then jumped to idle 1.

Dear Madmole. How do you miss an unmoving zombie at point blank range? AND with a shotgun???

I guess it's a bug then because shotguns should have an area effect to them.

You know, I like this game because not also do I get to see things new and help by reporting bugs but I get to make fun of my favorite fun pimp here. Now that's gravy. lol

Madmole the sniper, yay! ;)

Archived