Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I came up with a way to complicate survival)))

It is necessary to close the possibility of updating and repairing blocks with Perks. Purchase perk to close the player's level)

For example skill "Building"

0 level, start = wooden frame + upgrade to a simple tree

1 level = upgrade to reinforced tree

2 level = upgrade to the iron block

3 level = upgrade to concrete block

4 level = upgrade to steel block

So players will be forced to look for buildings and hide themselves, it is possible that 1 or 2 hordes will be in buildings and only then will there be an opportunity to build a base of stone or concrete)

Start bombing)

Becoming self-sufficient, stainless steel base/100% safe from zombies is beating the game for me. End game is trying to level every skill and perk up. Unfortunately there aren't enough skill points available from leveling to buy all the perks (even excluding the individual skill pts to 100). I end up driving around killing every zombie I see just to find quests to get the needed skill points, but then its always "kill three bears", which would be fine, if they spawned consistently (and apparently zombie bears don't count). Basically I build a bonfire of forges and just run around getting the screamers to bring the fun. Which lasts a couple hours and I end up loading another RWG before I actually get every skill and perk up. I'd be happy with the quests providing my endgame. Especially if they're numerous, diverse, unique,story driven, and most important: functionally/fully mod-able (maybe I like my story better).

I came up with a way to complicate survival)))

It is necessary to close the possibility of updating and repairing blocks with Perks. Purchase perk to close the player's level)

For example skill "Building"

0 level, start = wooden frame + upgrade to a simple tree

1 level = upgrade to reinforced tree

2 level = upgrade to the iron block

3 level = upgrade to concrete block

4 level = upgrade to steel block

So players will be forced to look for buildings and hide themselves, it is possible that 1 or 2 hordes will be in buildings and only then will there be an opportunity to build a base of stone or concrete)

Start bombing)

This wouldn't be too bad, but I feel it has already been addressed by gating cement mixing and steel ingot creation to certain science/tool skill levels already. If you can't make the materials to do the upgrades, it would make upgrading very inefficient if you had to rely on finding these materials or purchasing them from the trader.

I can see that most of you don't understand what endgame stands for.

*smiles*

It doesn't mean that the game ends. It does mean that there is still something to do after completing main story, levels, defeating final boss, having all applicable content at max level etc.

What I (and most of players who understand this term) mean by something is in most cases progression (getting new, special equipment), unlocking special levels, dungeons, enemies, events, grinding for items which can give you new equipment and so on.

By your description and the following examples that you gave it is far too early to be demanding this type of content. They need to get the part of the game done that 90% of the player base is going to experience and then they can work on adding stuff for those who want to play to day 1000 rather than start over in a new world. Pretty much every game out there does it this way. Some time after release the level caps are raised and new content and challenges are released for characters that are at those high levels. There is still plenty of work to be done to balance the game up to level 200 and that is where they need to stay focused while the game is indev. You want special quests and dungeons that are only unlocked once you get to level 200 when there aren't even any fully functioning regular quests in the game yet and even A17 will just be the first iteration of it? You want special bosses that appear only once you have hit the highest levels when there aren't any bosses of any kind in the game yet but will have their first version in A17?

Horse then cart...not cart then horse.

Until Alpha phase is over you will have to pick something to grind on, collect, build, etc and do with your high level character or start over again. The developers are not working to appease those of us who have already played through the game and want extra content. It was our choice to purchase the game early and start playing around with it. If you feel you've experienced all that the WIP version offers then take a break. I wouldn't be surprised if the type of content you are asking for doesn't appear for a good 6-8 months AFTER the gold release which would put it at around Christmas of 2019 at the soonest by my gut feeling. We do have quests, bosses, and hopefully bandits coming in A17 that will fill in some gaps of challenge and stuff to do once your character is higher level but ongoing post level 200 content is just going to have to wait.

I can see that most of you don't understand what endgame stands for.

...or even MMORPGs.

Well, isn't "Endgame" a term that was defined by MMORPG's? Because that type of game has a level-progression and after hitting max-level the game needs players occupied until the next expansion comes out.

In an open-world genre-mix like 7D2D "endgame" is simply not a well-defined term, everyone can make up his own definition. For example:

Endgame starts at ...

1) level 1. You don't need any levels at all to go to any place, do anything the game has to offer. You can kill any zombie you want, do any quest, build a fortress (mostly out of wood if you don't have the levels, but who cares), farm, go hunting and cook.

2) level 80. To build steel, a chem station or electricity you need to be level 80 (or was it 60?). So this is when you can craft anything you want, no limits anymore.

3) level 200. Well, this is where you don't get any skill points anymore through levels, so the most MMORPG-conforming definition would put endgame exactly here.

4) never. Because you still get skill points through quests, you never reach endgame

5) about level 30-70. Lots of people have everything they want (best weapons, bloodmoon-safe fortress and chests full of dukes) at a level in that range. Most of them start over. Maybe here it is that the endgame starts.

5) about level 30-70. Lots of people have everything they want (best weapons, bloodmoon-safe fortress and chests full of dukes) at a level in that range. Most of them start over. Maybe here it is that the endgame starts.

This describes me. And what is interesting is that it takes me a fair amount of time to reach that point because I don't try to get there as quickly as possible. That doesn't mean I'm not for more challenges and content and fun and toys though. :)

Snip

This describes me as well. It is a fun level to achieve and the ride is awesome so when I get here and the thrill diminishes a bit because I have all of the things you listed I simply start over again on a new map and start the ride all over again!

*smiles*

We do have quests, bosses, and hopefully bandits coming in A17 that will fill in some gaps of challenge and stuff to do once your character is higher level but ongoing post level 200 content is just going to have to wait.

omg you said the B word

omg

omg

omg

you are getting my hopes up :smile-new:, don't disappoint me :upset:

seriously though.. what is your gut percentage chance of getting the B word in A17?

Hellos FP...

...is there any chance to have a remote controlled camera?

This maybe connected to TV, monitor or other object to observe to see whats up.

greetings.

The functionality of that is already included in the game but you have to mod it in to make it be "hooked up". But it isn't in a finished state which is why it is currently disconnected.

Long story short: yes there is a high probability that this will be added in once it is good enough.

...and welcome to the forums :) Thanks for listening to that need to register. ;)

It feels like Alpha 17 is not going to happen anytime soon :(

with everything they are trying to add, its going to take forever to test and get working. I used to say it I thought it would be out this summer, but now i'm just hoping it comes out in 2018 :-(

omg you said the B word

omg

omg

omg

you are getting my hopes up :smile-new:, don't disappoint me :upset:

seriously though.. what is your gut percentage chance of getting the B word in A17?

I said hopefully bandits. I couldn't put a percentage on it except to say I have no idea if they will make it in. They are not a secret feature the devs are holding back to surprise us with. It will come down to time.

I said hopefully bandits. I couldn't put a percentage on it except to say I have no idea if they will make it in. They are not a secret feature the devs are holding back to surprise us with. It will come down to time.

Can you tell them that 1 forum member voted for holding back A17 until they are ready, lol. It will be better than waiting until the next Alpha.

Air dropped crates should "summon" a bandit horde...when you go running/biking/driving to that falling crate...it would seem like the bandits do as well...have little random groups of 2-5 bandits show up for crates , either already there , or right after you get there...

Air dropped crates should "summon" a bandit horde...when you go running/biking/driving to that falling crate...it would seem like the bandits do as well...have little random groups of 2-5 bandits show up for crates , either already there , or right after you get there...

+1 Really like that idea.

I love this idea. Hope the devs see this one. Whenever bandits are ready this would be a really good thing to add in.

Very good idea and absolutely true. Anyone that sees a crate like that dropping would go to it in the apocalypse.

Actually I think anyone that saw it would go to it even if it was not the apocalypse.

Kinyajuu - I want to say I recall a time before you existed... Hmm... lol. Seriously though, your presence on the forums has been appreciated man. Good detail. Good informational posts of content changes we're interested in hearing. And from what I can tell, a good method of communications.

Roland - ... Meh...

Roland - Okay, seriously. <3 as usual. ... and never mind... I'm tired... pfft. Just... <3

Archived