Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Air dropped crates should "summon" a bandit horde...when you go running/biking/driving to that falling crate...it would seem like the bandits do as well...have little random groups of 2-5 bandits show up for crates , either already there , or right after you get there...

Money! I love this idea.

I said hopefully bandits. I couldn't put a percentage on it except to say I have no idea if they will make it in. They are not a secret feature the devs are holding back to surprise us with. It will come down to time.

Just go into 2019 with development. I think most who were patiently waiting have pretty much thrown their hands up to the "when it's done" solid, bolded, caps lock riddled, unyielding ETA.

I mean, at this point, it's 7D2D by skin only right? I can't think of a single gut of the game that didn't get revamped in A17 announcements.

*shrug*

--Edit-- That sounded bitter. Wasn't meant too. Just more of one realistic perspective.

Just go into 2019 with development. I think most who were patiently waiting have pretty much thrown their hands up to the "when it's done" solid, bolded, caps lock riddled, unyielding ETA.

I mean, at this point, it's 7D2D by skin only right? I can't think of a single gut of the game that didn't get revamped in A17 announcements.

*shrug*

--Edit-- That sounded bitter. Wasn't meant too. Just more of one realistic perspective.

It’s like part of you died when Gazz destroyed our granite encased tunnel idea... ;)

*shrug*

Cheers up! There's no news on inventory menu fixes, you'll have plenty of time to enjoy the inventory screen creaking along :-)

The term "endgame" was defined by chess players, you're only about 200 years out :-)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/endgame

Yes. Totally forgot to check for other uses of the word. In the computer game domain my statement should still be true. And MMORPG players may have really got their inspiration for the word from chess, but the meaning is quite different

I have been requesting a way to chat in-game with friends only since 2015. PLEASE:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?24745-Friend-chat

Just add a way to switch from "global" to "friends" already. Just add a filter that is applied when switched to "friends", the filter being that what you type is only sent to these added as allies. I could code that in an hour if it was open source. It's been YEARS. We are going to have vehicles before in-game friend chat. This is insane.

"Just use a mic".

I can't use a mic at night, it's annoying.

"Just chat with the steam chat".

It's annoying to go from the Steam GUI back to the game, your view gets blocked by it.

Just add the damn friend chat, it's 2018.

It was planned but as with anything, only so many hours in the day. A little birdie told me that the chat window got some love for a17 and that you'll have exactly what you're asking for.

Whenever that birdie chirps I gotta update the front page....

Okay fine, I'm the birdie. :p

I saw Alloc updated the chat window for a17 with global, friends, and party filters when he was updating it to use XUI.

*Chirp*

I'm starting to look at you as a resource for feathers with all that chirping!

Air dropped crates should "summon" a bandit horde...when you go running/biking/driving to that falling crate...it would seem like the bandits do as well...have little random groups of 2-5 bandits show up for crates , either already there , or right after you get there...

Hopefully not every single time though. And on that note, would be cool to randomly have horde night be either super easy, or super devastating. Not knowing what to expect is fun. Maybe have bandits show up during horde night randomly and have them clear out some zombies while trying to attack your base while you're distracted. Or something...

It was planned but as with anything, only so many hours in the day. A little birdie told me that the chat window got some love for a17 and that you'll have exactly what you're asking for.

Keep in mind that we cannot code everything all at once and we have to prioritize things. Some things have to be lower on the list and some higher, they can't all be top priority. While it may seem like a long time for such a simple thing to some, it's not about it's simplicity. It's about having bigger items on your plate and having to finish those before touching the lower priority items.

Based on the attitude and general lack of respect I'd have told him it was ready but he could wait til Alpha 18....Kudos to you for handling it far better than I would have. Keep up the good work.

I saw that video too, and yes he should have change Tshirt, techincally it was better without shirt then having -5F shirt on, because if you have no shirt it will count as 0C/F so why bother having negative when bare is better in cold biome. I understand FOG is bad, but really you didn't restart game for 15 game days .. believing you are playing 1hr game means 15 hrs.. are you on server? if not then you must be tired man..lol, I don't keep game running that long. So I never experience it.

About drying, yes I saw few other complaining, even once I heard one is complaing of Drowning when they came out of river but still die of no oxygen depleted for him. There is some bug that do that and idea is to get wet again or drown again.

yep, played all day, paused it several times to grab a bite to eat, go to bathroom, let the dogs out and in, but kept playing because I wanted to see how long it would go before it stopped raining. I don't have a job, unable to work due to health problems, a senior citizen who stays home and plays games, basically. Last five days I've only been able to play for about two hours max. Sometimes I can play all day. After 16.4 was stated finished, there was a lot of discussions of how crappy the weather is. Like I had stated in one comment, I have learned to live with it, but I do get tired of reading statements, here and in other area of how there is no problem with the weather, it is great. No, it has problems; and mainly because it is in alpha. That is to be expected an just because Joe isn't have a problem doesn't mean that Sam, Sue, Jimmy and Betty aren't having problems.

And I play on my computer, I can't play on servers because of my problems. Go riding your bike down a road with a cliff on one side and drop off, have your arm suddenly jerk and go over the side into a large very deep lake. Or a player beside you go to veer out of your way and they go over a cliff and lose everything. Be shooting at zombies and have your arm jerk and you shoot one of the members of your group. So, I play alone so I don't create problems for others.

And I did do that once, she came out of a pond, in Navz where the fishing cabin is and she was drowning, died even though she was out of the lake. It was fixed though in one of the updates I think.

First post for myself on these boards. I started my 7D2D journey during A16.4, just shortly after that update. I've been reading the forum since then, reading what's to come, I've got almost 400 hours in so far and I have to say I love what the game is so far and can't wait to see what the polished product looks like.

Obviously I haven't been around to wait update to update, so I can't join in on the grumblings and ramblings about how long they're taking, but in all honesty I'm a guy that likes to wait for GOOD things. I work full time like a lot of you I'm sure, and I can't wait to come home, check the first page and see if anything new has been reported for A17 and then get right into the game. It's almost like those Christmas calendars full of chocolate (or beer, or scotch, there's some cool stuff out there now) where you get a little taste everyday.

I say this thread is the perfect appetite suppressant for the longing for A17, where all can share their ideas (which actually get recognized, whether implemented or not) as well as look forward to what's to come. I guess my view is give TFP the time they need to accomplish what they envision, I'm sure we will all be impressed!

Edit: I also wanted to add that I have an immense video game library and I have NEVER seen this much interaction between dev's and players, to the point where the game actually changes based on suggestions and input. This is game changing (literally) in my view.

yep, played all day, paused it several times to grab a bite to eat, go to bathroom, let the dogs out and in, but kept playing because I wanted to see how long it would go before it stopped raining. I don't have a job, unable to work due to health problems, a senior citizen who stays home and plays games, basically. Last five days I've only been able to play for about two hours max. Sometimes I can play all day. After 16.4 was stated finished, there was a lot of discussions of how crappy the weather is. Like I had stated in one comment, I have learned to live with it, but I do get tired of reading statements, here and in other area of how there is no problem with the weather, it is great. No, it has problems; and mainly because it is in alpha. That is to be expected an just because Joe isn't have a problem doesn't mean that Sam, Sue, Jimmy and Betty aren't having problems.

And I play on my computer, I can't play on servers because of my problems. Go riding your bike down a road with a cliff on one side and drop off, have your arm suddenly jerk and go over the side into a large very deep lake. Or a player beside you go to veer out of your way and they go over a cliff and lose everything. Be shooting at zombies and have your arm jerk and you shoot one of the members of your group. So, I play alone so I don't create problems for others.

And I did do that once, she came out of a pond, in Navz where the fishing cabin is and she was drowning, died even though she was out of the lake. It was fixed though in one of the updates I think.

Hey there! I didn't see your post before I made mine (disregard what I said about "working full time") =). in my almost 400 hrs playing that has ALL been single player, I've never played on a server or with others, but I'd be more than willing to start if you'd want to join. I'd have no problems with the issues you describe (I tend to jerk my arm and other odd things as well). I think it would be fun to have a coop base and/or work together. The only mod I use is SMX's UI, but I'm sure I could manage without, so let me know!

I think the problem with the "end game" concept is that it has changed. From when it was made for chess, and later for other games. Wiki has a page (or more) of what all the computer game terms mean. It states there that it is available in a massively multiplayer online game for characters that have completed all of the currently available content. I found this on a page that gives the definition of all video/online game terms.

To some, such as my son, it is for games that have a set end. A story that at the end closes out the story. Was watching a group play Friday 13th on Friday and to me the "end game" was when either Jason was killed and the characters escaped, or he lived and they escaped or he kills them all. You can't advance any more. A game has to have a set ending. Then it is end game and game is over. I told him he needed to get a life.

For me, it is a goal that you set, but there needs to be a goal that connects to a gist of the game. For 7 days it is to early for a "end game" but not to early for a beginning. I, personally, think it needs to have a story of some type, even if it is scraps of newspapers, flyers or something that tells us why the towns are destroyed and there are zombies. I'm not saying a book, just something; Russia joined with North Korean and started WWIII and tried to destroy America; forgot that American's believe in payback. Concept of I don't throw the first punch, but I do end the battle.

Back to end game. The concept, the meaning has changed over the years just as gaming has; for me, some games have a set ending just like a jigsaw puzzle, when you put the last piece in, that is the end. Some have a set goal, you can reach it and stop here, or create another goal, such as in career, you go to become a doctor then after getting that become a lawyer and now can do both. Some, like 7 days, has none at this time. There is not yet a set goal, we can make our own. Day such and such. Build a base as big as whatever, pick a town, clean out all the zombies while you remodel all the building, set them up to look brand new and have it ready for when people are able to return to the town. What the end game for the player is limited only by their imagination.

My two cents on the meaning of end game.

Incomplete Bandits will bring nothing.

Put them in when they're working and have AI that doesn't involve aimbot and instant 180 snipes from 300 yards.

Why all the bandit talk... hey it´s a Zombie game. Yeah NPCs will be great to fill the world with life, but a Bandit is just another challange... like a bear... with a gun.

Archived