Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

99% of the population of the steam playerbase.

And would be more like 90% of this game's playerbase too, which would be 10x bigger with a little love towards PVP aspects.

Which is of course, suppressed quite successfully by low-intelligence high-free-time-and-willingness-to-make-10k-posts people like you on forums like this.

Was on discord discussing this with 15 other people of a popular 7 Days Server the other day and them all telling me about their forum posts being censored / not approved / moved / brigaded-by-pve-idiots-posting-off-topic and generally destroying their threads if they mention anything relating to PVP.

Glad to know that it's a common experience. Irony is you don't seem capable of realizing that shooting yourself in the foot; because with the influx of players / excitement / purchases that would come with some TLC paid to the aspects of the game that clearly offend you (PvP), the game as a whole would likely benefit to the extent of improving more the aspects you enjoy (PvE) than it would remaining in it's current state of popularity / niche...

And it would save you the time of making thousands of posts like this and abusing your mod powers... you know, if you don't just enjoy doing those things for the sake of doing those things. ;):cocksure:

a) Take a pill and calm down. It was a joke.

b) Bull%&t statistics are just that, bulls%&t. 99% of ANY player base is not PVP. It has NEVER been PVP. I have played on every PVP server for every MMO in the last 20 years. Starting with Ultima Online. They ALL end up concentrating on PVE because that is where the money is ALWAYS at. If 99% of the player base was PVP that wouldn't be the case. They are in it to make money after all.

c) I am on this Forum every day and have never see the type of stuff on PVP threads you just described. Which forums were you referring to?

Some fire mush be estinguished. I think the PvP dude and other of his teammates don`t get the full picture and plans, so either its lack of info or just don`t read enough here which is same. Steam chats are unbelievbly unreliable to compare with this forums.

a) Take a pill and calm down. It was a joke.

b) Bull%&t statistics are just that, bulls%&t. 99% of ANY player base is not PVP. It has NEVER been PVP. I have played on every PVP server for every MMO in the last 20 years. Starting with Ultima Online. They ALL end up concentrating on PVE because that is where the money is ALWAYS at. If 99% of the player base was PVP that wouldn't be the case. They are in it to make money after all.

c) I am on this Forum every day and have never see the type of stuff on PVP threads you just described. Which forums were you referring to?

Clearly the Forums to which he refers are on the planet PvP from all the PvPians. Lowly PvE cretins like us would never truly understand that the ways of PvP are the only ones known to humanity! We are destined to be at the bottom of the totem pole with our cowardice! Those of us (who actually make up a large portion of gamers) who like to PvE in a game made almost strictly for that activity will never understand how PvP should work and would NEVER!!! Be able to understand how the world truly works. I don't understand how such a high being could waste time lecturing us. The lowest of scum PvEers! About the ways of the one true way to play videogames regardless of the games true intent. PvP!!!! /s

Seriously though. PvP isn't something a lot of people want in this game right now. We want the core game and all those sweet extras to be added in and work as well as they can with the systems TFP put in place. PvP is more of a side thought for the devs (I think) and honestly. PvP kinda goes hand in hand with the ability to kill AI. For example, Dark souls was completely balanced around PvE yet people make it work and have fun running around PvPing. So why can't the same be done here? There's no difference... Oh. A human can wear armor and have higher skills making them harder to kill. That's all... You can work around this by yourself being skilled or having higher skills. So I do not understand "chill" at all.

Snip

This is the first post of yours I have seen, but it is not hard to tell why your rep status is what it is.

On a side note I would like to make a request that this trend of telling people what they can and can't understand should stop, because it is pretentious, ego driven, narcissistic drivel.

Are there people arguing AGAINST adding end game goals? Like for real, people are saying things like "make up your own end game" or "play perma death and thats end game".

You realize what was initially asked for was content BEYOND the normal content you can work for after you have completed all the basics you need to do in game to just survive. NOT a "Game over" screen. How ANYONE can be against THAT concept is beyond me.

This forum boggles my mind sometimes.

Boggles my mind too. I go with the make up your own until/if the fun pimps create a "end game". My son and I argued over the end game concept. To him, sandbox games Never have a end game, it stops when you chose to stop playing but you can't create one because you don't have a final section.

I don't agree, until the game is finished, we can pick our own end game. We can state that when we do such and such the game ends and we can start a new game. What is more important to me is a back story, the what happened, when did it happen, why did it happen, where did it start; just in Arizona or was it also in other places such as New York, Washington D.C.? Don't really have to know who started it.

And would be more like 90% of this game's playerbase too, which would be 10x bigger with a little love towards PVP aspects.

Which is of course, suppressed quite successfully by low-intelligence high-free-time-and-willingness-to-make-10k-posts people like you on forums like this.

Was on discord discussing this with 15 other people of a popular 7 Days Server the other day and them all telling me about their forum posts being censored / not approved / moved / brigaded-by-pve-idiots-posting-off-topic and generally destroying their threads if they mention anything relating to PVP.

Glad to know that it's a common experience. Irony is you don't seem capable of realizing that shooting yourself in the foot; because with the influx of players / excitement / purchases that would come with some TLC paid to the aspects of the game that clearly offend you (PvP), the game as a whole would likely benefit to the extent of improving more the aspects you enjoy (PvE) than it would remaining in it's current state of popularity / niche...

And it would save you the time of making thousands of posts like this and abusing your mod powers... you know, if you don't just enjoy doing those things for the sake of doing those things. ;):cocksure:

Low-intelligence huh? I'm definitely improving in the eyes of you folks...

I think it is simply in the nature of some PvP enthusiasts to be aggressive and insulting in their posts. It's like you're playing PvP on the forums or something. When the mod team censors/ doesn't approve/ or moves posts by PvPers it is only because they do what you just did here. Simply because you don't agree with what you perceive my stance to be you come right out and call me "low intelligence" and a "pve-idiot" not to mention several other less outright but still insinuating insults in the rest of your post. I wonder if you are even aware that you are posting in this manner or if it's just the way you typically communicate and you don't really consciously think about it.

Regardless, posting in the manner you are is against the rules and when I see anyone name-calling and being rude and insulting to the developers or other forum users those posts go bye-bye. Such ad hominem attacks are usually a sure sign of a weak argument anyway since the facts you have at your disposal aren't compelling enough to persuade opposing views to your side---so you have to resort to personal attacks to make yourself feel more secure.

If I ignore all your insults and just speak to the content of your point then I should tell you that the developers are perfectly aware of the money and popularity available via PvP-- particularly the recent craze in the style of Fortnite and PUBG. That is not the type of game they want on purpose and they are having tremendous success keeping their title in the niche they have chosen. Maybe someday they will turn out a Battle Royale mode but they don't plan on ever having the main game be that way. Now please understand that this is not because I am using my vast number of posts or moderator powers to suppress PvP. It is 100% the development team's own goals since the very beginning. That this game used to be more friendly for PvP is simply because it used to be more of an unrealized framework that could be anything. But as they have continued development and put in features that support their vision it has put more and more of a crimp on PvP gameplay and that has zero to do with this or any other forum.

Now please adjust your attitude to align with your username so that I or one of the other moderators doesn't have to ban you for being insulting and then you won't have to go to your other forums and lie to your mates about being banned because you brought up PvP....

Low-intelligence huh? I'm definitely improving in the eyes of you folks...

I think it is simply in the nature of some PvP enthusiasts to be aggressive and insulting in their posts. It's like you're playing PvP on the forums or something. When the mod team censors/ doesn't approve/ or moves posts by PvPers it is only because they do what you just did here. Simply because you don't agree with what you perceive my stance to be you come right out and call me "low intelligence" and a "pve-idiot" not to mention several other less outright but still insinuating insults in the rest of your post. I wonder if you are even aware that you are posting in this manner or if it's just the way you typically communicate and you don't really consciously think about it.

Regardless, posting in the manner you are is against the rules and when I see anyone name-calling and being rude and insulting to the developers or other forum users those posts go bye-bye. Such ad hominem attacks are usually a sure sign of a weak argument anyway since the facts you have at your disposal aren't compelling enough to persuade opposing views to your side---so you have to resort to personal attacks to make yourself feel more secure.

If I ignore all your insults and just speak to the content of your point then I should tell you that the developers are perfectly aware of the money and popularity available via PvP-- particularly the recent craze in the style of Fortnite and PUBG. That is not the type of game they want on purpose and they are having tremendous success keeping their title in the niche they have chosen. Maybe someday they will turn out a Battle Royale mode but they don't plan on ever having the main game be that way. Now please understand that this is not because I am using my vast number of posts or moderator powers to suppress PvP. It is 100% the development team's own goals since the very beginning. That this game used to be more friendly for PvP is simply because it used to be more of an unrealized framework that could be anything. But as they have continued development and put in features that support their vision it has put more and more of a crimp on PvP gameplay and that has zero to do with this or any other forum.

Now please adjust your attitude to align with your username so that I or one of the other moderators doesn't have to ban you for being insulting and then you won't have to go to your other forums and lie to your mates about being banned because you brought up PvP....

Roland just kicked him in the PvPness

Umm, does this kid realize that Roland literally gets paid to post ten thousand comments? I mean, he is the forum moderator, so that's in his job description.

Sheesh, talk about [don't stoop]

:)

I think the reason pvp-ers think that everyone else pvp's is that they turn up to a server and immediately shoot someone. This usually makes the rest of the players turn on that individual and kill them when the opportunity arises.

They're mistaking p-v-you for p-v-p.

I play the PvP "Planetside 2" because it uses the "Free-to-die" monetary system. I don't pay a penny, and I'm screwed from the get go.

I know I'm going to die by some guy who's armor glows like a Christmas tree. But HOW will I die is whats interesting.

I've been chased down by tanks, just me while they try to shot or run me over, its fun to see how far away from their mission they will go to get another few points.

But sometimes I kill a bunch of the goofs and that's worth getting run over by tanks any day. :)

I'm confused. The stating of stats of one site does not count as accurate in going that others feel the same way. And stats can be manipulated and I really don't trust them, learned that in sadistic I mean statistic class in college.

You start off with insults and end with the insult repeated and then try to make it look like you are joking. Didn't work for me, you are still insulting and that is the reason for PVP players getting their posts banned.

I have visited forums that have had PVP players encouraged by developers, such as the ones in ARK, where they like for the PVP players to be vicious, act in ways that in real life would have them labeled as sadistic psychopaths. They seemed to like where they could join PVE servers and do so in ways that killed or injured players and not go anything to stop it.

Fortunately, here it isn't that way. I wouldn't be supporting the developers, posting on this forum and play this game if that was allowed. Perhaps that is why some PVPs feel unwelcome here; their style of playing, of not only being as cruel as they can and allowed to be sadistic and do so on PVE servers which is what gets them banned. Those type of players don't want to accept that it is their attitude, rudeness and egotistical behaviors, not that of moderators and forum members, who rebuke them for their actions bring about their being banned.

Let's get back to inanity until a dev posts again.

Sorry Roland, didn't read your post before I responded. Just ticked me off, read so many posts of players on ARK and other forums of where PVP players are encouraged to be what I see as sadistic. Go onto a PVE server and get infected then run around and infect new players is cruel, not fair play. Tick off wild dinos and get them to attack the base in PVE so they can destroy it and then loot it is not good, it is cowardice.

Perhaps I am too nice, have to much of a sense of fair play, but I have a very low opinion of PVP style game gaming. War games are different, but games such as 7 days, ARK and others, fight for survival, but to kill for the fun of killing? I personally see it as wrong.

And insulting those who don't agree with you?

Okay, off my soap box.

I think the reason pvp-ers think that everyone else pvp's is that they turn up to a server and immediately shoot someone. This usually makes the rest of the players turn on that individual and kill them when the opportunity arises.

They're mistaking p-v-you for p-v-p.

Hah! This!

Let's get back to inanity until a dev posts again.

...alternatively...

Since quite a few pvp discussions end in the quick departure of the pvp'ers, indicating that a lot of them aren't capable of discussing pvp without getting enraged, and it IS in fact a design in this game despite the popular misconception that "it was never designed for pvp" (I mean, there is a menu option for it, after all, that didn't get put there by elves), I'm suggesting we do something else.

I suggest a few PvE people (happy to advocate) take up the PvP mantle and discuss why the game should be more PvP oriented and what can be done to improve that experience.

This may allow for a better understanding from PvE'ers what the PvP'ers want, since the posts won't be filled with the typical vitriol and #fakenews/stats that usually comes from a PvP'ers perspective.

I would start by saying that PvP is indeed fun in 7 days to die, as it allows for a unique experience in building, long term leveling up and of course an exterior threat; one of fortnite's greatest attributes is base design, and that's something 7days has an advantage in. It IS in fact a missed opportunity for TFP to make extra cash, and although I won't fake-speculate on how much of an opportunity, I could certainly point out the obvious PvP has a place in the gaming world.

Although it certainly doesn't seem to be a current goal, I would hope that TFP considers a "PvP Patch" for DLC, that would fix a lot of the issues plaguing PvP right now.

Issues such as:

Turning down graphics to get a better view of your enemy

Digging terrain pits a certain way to get a world view

LCP protection flaws

Leveled everything affecting player balance even worse than "free pay to play game systems" do

...now this discussion will only work if NO PVP PLAYERS participate, since that will only trigger the PvE side and the old arguments would commence... and it takes away from its purpose, to get PvE players to see the other side a little bit better, without all of the old arguments that muddy good discussion.

Food for though. Oh, and I would suggest it take place here, since this is the thread most read.

Hey there! I didn't see your post before I made mine (disregard what I said about "working full time") =). in my almost 400 hrs playing that has ALL been single player, I've never played on a server or with others, but I'd be more than willing to start if you'd want to join. I'd have no problems with the issues you describe (I tend to jerk my arm and other odd things as well). I think it would be fun to have a coop base and/or work together. The only mod I use is SMX's UI, but I'm sure I could manage without, so let me know!

There are a lot of reasons I play just on my computer and not a server. Not snob, I don't feel I am good enough, would be a burden and have a lot of problems that would make it frustrating for others. Someday I will have learned enough maybe to play with others. Right now I am playing in Creative Mode so I can learn how to build. I don't have a lot of play hours, more time has been spent here and on a discord and watching videos. Took a break because I was so frustrated that I couldn't play.

I appreciate the offer, but I know what I can and can't do, how much help I would be and how much of a hindrance. Thanks for the invite though.

I'm confused. The stating of stats of one site does not count as accurate in going that others feel the same way. And stats can be manipulated and I really don't trust them, learned that in sadistic I mean statistic class in college.

You start off with insults and end with the insult repeated and then try to make it look like you are joking. Didn't work for me, you are still insulting and that is the reason for PVP players getting their posts banned.

I have visited forums that have had PVP players encouraged by developers, such as the ones in ARK, where they like for the PVP players to be vicious, act in ways that in real life would have them labeled as sadistic psychopaths. They seemed to like where they could join PVE servers and do so in ways that killed or injured players and not go anything to stop it.

Fortunately, here it isn't that way. I wouldn't be supporting the developers, posting on this forum and play this game if that was allowed. Perhaps that is why some PVPs feel unwelcome here; their style of playing, of not only being as cruel as they can and allowed to be sadistic and do so on PVE servers which is what gets them banned. Those type of players don't want to accept that it is their attitude, rudeness and egotistical behaviors, not that of moderators and forum members, who rebuke them for their actions bring about their being banned.

He doesn't have actual stats. In one of our recent discussion threads regarding development, the PvP discussion came up. Someone actually went through the trouble of pulling numbers of Pve Servers, PvP servers, and comparing populations. PvP was a LOT smaller than they want you think. I'll have to go look that up now.

...alternatively...

Since quite a few pvp discussions end in the quick departure of the pvp'ers, indicating that a lot of them aren't capable of discussing pvp without getting enraged, and it IS in fact a design in this game despite the popular misconception that "it was never designed for pvp" (I mean, there is a menu option for it, after all, that didn't get put there by elves), I'm suggesting we do something else.

I suggest a few PvE people (happy to advocate) take up the PvP mantle and discuss why the game should be more PvP oriented and what can be done to improve that experience.

This may allow for a better understanding from PvE'ers what the PvP'ers want, since the posts won't be filled with the typical vitriol and #fakenews/stats that usually comes from a PvP'ers perspective.

I would start by saying that PvP is indeed fun in 7 days to die, as it allows for a unique experience in building, long term leveling up and of course an exterior threat; one of fortnite's greatest attributes is base design, and that's something 7days has an advantage in. It IS in fact a missed opportunity for TFP to make extra cash, and although I won't fake-speculate on how much of an opportunity, I could certainly point out the obvious PvP has a place in the gaming world.

Although it certainly doesn't seem to be a current goal, I would hope that TFP considers a "PvP Patch" for DLC, that would fix a lot of the issues plaguing PvP right now.

Issues such as:

LCP protection flaws

Leveled everything affecting player balance even worse than "free pay to play game systems" do

...now this discussion will only work if NO PVP PLAYERS participate, since that will only trigger the PvE side and the old arguments would commence... and it takes away from its purpose, to get PvE players to see the other side a little bit better, without all of the old arguments that muddy good discussion.

Food for though. Oh, and I would suggest it take place here, since this is the thread most read.

I've tried to start 4 different replies to this and literally all I can come up with is "Wut?" That was some mighty fine rambling.

...alternatively...

Issues such as:

LCP protection flaws

This counts as inanity. I just want the focus to shift from how chill chose to post his POV.

I'll even help Chill out since I know the main source of his anger: What about not being able to hear other players from miles away so you can hunt them down. Ever since the devs changed the game by nerfing sound distance PvP has suffered.

Archived