Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Guys, get over the magazine extender.

This was so alpha those weren't even programmer numbers.

Stuff like that is why videos are so rare. Show anything unfinished and people go ape♥♥♥♥ over how broken or unbalanced it is.

YOu are right, at least for 80%

I'm sorry, that's just funny right there.

Oh hmm. I wonder if you can reach escape velocity with a bigger gun then.

Sounds like you play Empyrion?

I remember the first time I went to a planets moon! I was literally on the edge of my seat. :)

TFP could borrow some ideas from them, maybe not space travel but whatever voxel engine they are using is great!

That is easy just don’t read here or watch the videos. Play it once steam updates. Problem solved.

It is, I don't want to miss the interaction with other players in this forum, though, which would be the consequence of abstinence. No, I don't complain about the vids, not at all. But I am happy if not everything is shown beforehand. What the devs do in the end, that's up to them ;)

Sounds like you play Empyrion?

I remember the first time I went to a planets moon! I was literally on the edge of my seat. :)

TFP could borrow some ideas from them, maybe not space travel but whatever voxel engine they are using is great!

I played empyrion the other day (first time in a while) and it played like crap it actually feels like they un-optimised it. 7 days runs far better.

The new prefab houses look amazing, and I think it's a great idea to have some container blocks spawn in already looted. These are going to give Navezgane a new lease of life (for me). The first look at the mods system is exciting. The mocap for players will add so much to co-op and mp games.

Really not a fan of the health bar idea, so I hope that gets dropped.

I've been taking a break from the game due to burn out, but thanks for the video MadMole. Every little teaser like this gets me excited to start a new game... even though these systems etc won't be in the game until the next alpha.

Just wanted to give a quick thumbs up to the new video and compliment MadMole on his improving commentary. Compared to the earliest videos, he seems to be more comfortable talking to an invisible audience and it makes for better viewing. The new features look nice too, even though they don't seem to address some of my main gripes with the current game (AI/pathfinding).

ALSO, I wish people would stop going off topic all the time in this thread. I don't have the time or the patience to read through 300 pages of banter to get to the actual discussion on the development. Mods really should enforce it imho, plenty of other sub forums where it wouldn't be a problem.

Just wanted to give a quick thumbs up to the new video and compliment MadMole on his improving commentary. Compared to the earliest videos, he seems to be more comfortable talking to an invisible audience and it makes for better viewing. The new features look nice too, even though they don't seem to address some of my main gripes with the current game (AI/pathfinding).

ALSO, I wish people would stop going off topic all the time in this thread. I don't have the time or the patience to read through 300 pages of banter to get to the actual discussion on the development. Mods really should enforce it imho, plenty of other sub forums where it wouldn't be a problem.

Feel free to move on to one of those other 'sub forums where it wouldn't be a problem.'

EDIT: Perks for HUD elements is bad. Perks for unnecessary HUD elements is even worse. Can we go back to getting better at stuff by doing stuff please? Digging a big trench doesn't make me better at clubbing zombies. (Unless there will be a SPECIAL type system where digging increases strength which increases melee damage.)

I also like the idea of improving by reading. No need to gain all the skills by spam-clubbing/mining/crafting. I could easily see a book of modern farming gaining you 3 farming points or similar.

0AFB1ED636931B202807221F700F745EE305701E

sure .. Joke beside, the bar is only a placeholder and first implementations (mm said this if i get it right)

Dont interpret too much in it

Now THAT's a bar :lol:

Needs more c̶o̶w̶b̶e̶l̶l̶ bar

healthbar-1.jpg

.. I don't have the time or the patience to read through 300 pages of banter to get to the actual discussion on the development. Mods really should enforce it imho, plenty of other sub forums where it wouldn't be a problem.

Page 1 of this thread..

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?74084-Developer-Diary-Alpha-17!!!

Happy Holidays

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23606[/ATTACH]

smiley-xmas-2.jpg.3c7008b443039a628e28701b8477301b.jpg

I have a questoin about the new weapons system. From what I understand it will work as following:

* No more gun parts

* Guns will be looted as complete weapons with a quality rating

* Gun quality will determine amount of upgrade slots

* Upgrades affect gun performance depending on their own quality

Okay, so do guns and their parts still have endurance and if so how will it affect things? I could just imagine it getting weird if endurance affects performance like today, and it suddenly drops how many upgrade slots the gun has. What if you already had upgrades slotted.. would they plop out of the gun, or just not work, or?

Anyhow, thanks for a great game. I believe it's my most played game all categories, and it's only getting better! :)

Open cabinets/fridge....mehhh....not a fan...they look cool, but I would rather be able to loot something and find it empty then not loot something at all.

I must confess that I get a bit annoyed by all this opening of kitchen doors.

Sure, it means I value the fast looter perk enough to put points into it even early on, but on the whole I would say kitchens at the moment are a bit on the too grindy side.

I must confess that I get a bit annoyed by all this opening of kitchen doors.

Sure, it means I value the fast looter perk enough to put points into it even early on, but on the whole I would say kitchens at the moment are a bit on the too grindy side.

I wouldn't say they are grindy as much as they become obsolete very quickly. You might struggle with food the first few days, but once you get good weapons for hunting or start farming you have enough food for the rest of the game. Looting every single one of those cabinets when you already have all that food feels quite pointless.

I have a questoin about the new weapons system. From what I understand it will work as following:

* No more gun parts

* Guns will be looted as complete weapons with a quality rating

* Gun quality will determine amount of upgrade slots

* Upgrades affect gun performance depending on their own quality

There are at least two possibilities that fit the description I heard. The other possibility is:

You can find a magazine extender, a magazine extender MK II and a magazine extender MK III. The first one gives you 10% more, the next one 30% and the last 50% more ammo capacity. The extenders might also have a quality rating, but that might influence fail chance or simply just remove the bonus if the endurance is at 0

I wouldn't say they are grindy as much as they become obsolete very quickly. You might struggle with food the first few days, but once you get good weapons for hunting or start farming you have enough food for the rest of the game. Looting every single one of those cabinets when you already have all that food feels quite pointless.

I have to confess I don't play optimally, I like my scrounging and I like variety. So instead of just looting high value targets I also still loot normal houses in the later game. Mostly for the occaisonal safe in there, but when I go through the kitchen I often check out the cabinets there as well. On the plus side I don't need to dig sand for glasses very often ;-)

Well, you can. Then you get a bullet that leaves no forensic evidence.

OMG. He just invented the perfect murder weapon!

And if you take the projectile out of it twice you even get an antimatter bullet. Now this escalated quickly.

That would give you negative matter, not antimatter, which is whole other kettle of fish (negative)!

That would give you negative matter, not antimatter, which is whole other kettle of fish (negative)!

This is why I try not to make mistakes.

Other people make mistakes, they get ridiculed for a few hours.

I make a mistake... it raises fundamental existential questions about the nature of matter.

I have to confess I don't play optimally, I like my scrounging and I like variety. So instead of just looting high value targets I also still loot normal houses in the later game. Mostly for the occaisonal safe in there, but when I go through the kitchen I often check out the cabinets there as well. On the plus side I don't need to dig sand for glasses very often ;-)

I always play with a few tweaks on loot and other things. For me, literally finding bottles of water at day 50+ is still a blessing.

Pfft. Ingame you get antimatter. =P

Lol. "No need to panic". You know us well!

There may not strictly be a need but it's always an option.

Archived