Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I apologize, I need a Snickers. Haven't had a weekday off in almost a year so I don't know what to do with myself.

Sorry to hear that. If your doing it to make ends meet then God bless you. If you just want a bigger house or boat then maybe recheck your priorities.

[image removed pending permission]

Hunger bars are the past....

Excuse me, but I modified the original post that included that ketchup bottle, and per the modding rules you have to ask me permission to use my work.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry to hear that. If your doing it to make ends meet then God bless you. If you just want a bigger house or boat then maybe recheck your priorities.

...but what if it's for [deleted]?

Will first house and boat work?

Wow..AND a bitterness bar...?

:loco:

We all know that's post-gold DLC.

:) Not a bad take on the situation. The "Boss" zombie has a genetic desire to reach high ground, even if its in a POI. I can buy that. Of course, they missed high ground by one and that is where I will be shooting down on them with my bow/x-bow: The roof!

Why bother killing it? Get on the roof, shoot it once to annoy it. Wait in the street as an enraged boss-zombie ploughs a nice easy path through the building and clears some of the traps while they're at it.

Boss zombie explodes, taking out the house and anyone on the roof with it... :p

See, now you've all gone and done it! In the next video we'll be hearing about the bosses with their rocket launchers and many spewing projectiles!!

:puke:

Well enough to know he is a troll sometimes lol Jk jk

I'm gonna cut him some slack today with the new news and all. Just today.

Trollin', Trollin', Trollin'...

Rawhide!

image.gif

lol, I this movie!

We really need a bar for that. I'd like to mouse over someone's handle and see their joke bar rating. Would save so much more time than actually reading the potentially funny/unfunny posts....

Oooh and a cranky bar. It could look like a snicker bar. I could just mouse over Toss and see a quarter of a snicker and just keep my finger on the ban button just in case.... :)

But no one will notice anything be it bars, dots, or icons.

In a normal world you simply dont know if a enemy is death.

In a normal world, you cannot stack stones and wood in insane quantities into your backpack. let's not even talk about zombies. We all understood that YOU deem this arcady and YOU don't like it, but maybe others do ... and, that said, let's wait for the first implementation before beating dead horses. I for one trust TFP.

I didn't see if anyone mentioned this but what if the health bars were only in the first difficulty, Scavenger? Or if it does get made into the game options, then make it unclickable for harder difficulties.

If it is made in to the game via perks or buffs, I would like to see it done by reading research notes you find at lab POIs or work it into the story of the POIs. If the POIs have a story to tell and a boss at the end, make a document you have to find and read that has a description of the boss and then a perk will be earned showing the health bar of that boss when you engage them.

In a normal world, you cannot stack stones and wood in insane quantities into your backpack. let's not even talk about zombies. We all understood that YOU deem this arcady and YOU don't like it, but maybe others do ... and, that said, let's wait for the first implementation before beating dead horses. I for one trust TFP.

TepnTTbcZA-2.png

If it is made in to the game via perks or buffs, I would like to see it done by reading research notes you find at lab POIs or work it into the story of the POIs. If the POIs have a story to tell and a boss at the end, make a document you have to find and read that has a description of the boss and then a perk will be earned showing the health bar of that boss when you engage them.

Winner. This would be cool.

Actually just posted something similar in Discord. Great minds and all that. ;)

[1:26 PM] -TSBX-: It would be one thing if a boss zombie would spawn in X area, and you could talk to NPC's, and do quests for them which would reveal things about the boss either from dialogue from the quest givers, or contextually through the missions they give you. Not "Dig a big hole so you can get skill points to see if you can kill the guy in the attic of this one house with fire"

Guys, get over the magazine extender.

This was so alpha those weren't even programmer numbers.

Stuff like that is why videos are so rare. Show anything unfinished and people go ape♥♥♥♥ over how broken or unbalanced it is.

Both or the second one?

Actually just posted something similar in Discord. Great minds and all that. ;)

[1:26 PM] -TSBX-: It would be one thing if a boss zombie would spawn in X area, and you could talk to NPC's, and do quests for them which would reveal things about the boss either from dialogue from the quest givers, or contextually through the missions they give you. Not "Dig a big hole so you can get skill points to see if you can kill the guy in the attic of this one house with fire"

The second one along with TSBX

Guys, get over the magazine extender.

This was so alpha those weren't even programmer numbers.

Stuff like that is why videos are so rare. Show anything unfinished and people go ape♥♥♥♥ over how broken or unbalanced it is.

I'll take ape♥♥♥♥ over the doldrums that have been the forums with no news. This got people talking and even if it wasn't all positive it was...activity. And most here trust TFP and know its all WIP. Everyone is excited for weapon mods.

I'll take ape♥♥♥♥ over the doldrums that have been the forums with no news. This got people talking and even if it wasn't all positive it was...activity. And most here trust TFP and know its all WIP. Everyone is excited for weapon mods.

This.

Besides, feedback always helps development. Now the devs know that not everyone is up to the idea for healthbars, so they might add the option to turn them off in the XMLs. Now they also know Guppy doesn't like open cupboards, so they might increase the chance of them appearing over lootable containers.

It's all positives :)

Noctornas, i asked from the very first moment on if we can disable it. I never asked to remove it. and how can a new Gamefeature be a death horse the very first time it is mentioned ?

And btw. MM said he understand my/our point and that the feature and how it will work is still in the consideration stage.

That said i think we can agree that we all trust in TFP.

Hey Madmole, will you ever add advanced forges or some industry stuff like conveyer belts etc. Maybe have one special POI where you can fix some big machine and use it to produce something or a nuclear power plant where after you've cleaned up the zombies and have a rad suit you could fix up the power plant to have a lot of power for other stuff.

Archived