Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Guppy really does need to argue for the opposite of what he really wants. Plus, we'd agree more.

forget it... last time i saw him using reverse psychology, he was outside driving on the street in reverse and arguing with the neighbors.

and the argument was about going in the wrong direction. :)

Watched the new video earlier and its made me super excited for the new alpha. From someone that really enjoys the building aspect of the game its great to see new textures, shapes and trims/pipes etc are being added, I can't wait to get stuck into building new bases when it arrives. Its easy to forget the world is a fully destructible voxel based when you see the level of detail in the new POIs. Great work!

The only thing I didn't care for was the health bar of the zombies, but i'm sure that will be possible to turn off.

1 block ability to sneak into another spot thru 1 block. As seen in 14.23 where he is jumping to show you a gap but has a shaft door on it.

Or blocks can destroy upon walking on it but not all the block dissappear.. (may be just my eyes lol)

The car4wd In the entityspawner

Noise range

ROLAND

if no one has guessed the thing that MM inadvertently showed maybe you should just tell us lol and give us all a prize :-D

Guys, get over the magazine extender.

This was so alpha those weren't even programmer numbers.

Stuff like that is why videos are so rare. Show anything unfinished and people go ape♥♥♥♥ over how broken or unbalanced it is.

Dude, it was the very first thing i asked like 10 pages back :D

Instead of answering it's just WIP you started trolling us. Don't blame it on people and videos of unfinished stuff. Not cool!

Are all the modifications going to be lvl 1-600 with decimal changes to numbers you'd have to calculate to see the actual outcome or is it just the state of the development?

Guys, get over the magazine extender.

This was so alpha those weren't even programmer numbers.

Stuff like that is why videos are so rare. Show anything unfinished and people go ape♥♥♥♥ over how broken or unbalanced it is.

19ei0u.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'll take ape♥♥♥♥ over the doldrums that have been the forums with no news. This got people talking and even if it wasn't all positive it was...activity. And most here trust TFP and know its all WIP. Everyone is excited for weapon mods.

Besides, we already got MM to back off a bit on the hp indicator idea, or at least admit they'll discuss it.

=)

/taking credit for things since 1971

Guppy really does need to argue for the opposite of what he really wants. Plus, we'd agree more.

...who says I don't?

/manipulating the world since 1971

- - - Updated - - -

Except there is a LOT more to those houses now..... I think they make the place look more "realistic" as far as the apocalypse goes, besides, do you really want more empty cans and jars?

I can never, EVER, give up hope for a wrench.

Heh.

The HP indicator is just as new as the aforementioned mod.

It was literally programmer art. =P

There was not even a rule set for it, much less implemented. It was put in to have a talking point for the discussion about when/if it should appear and for what.

Now what is a real feature:

If you aim a sniper rifle (variable zoom) you can see the crosshairs slightly contract and expand as they readjust to show you the exact area where your bullets might land - based on current zoom level, moving, crouching, mods, skills, etc.

That's a big step up from A16 where the weapon crosshairs may as well display egyptian hieroglyphs to inform you about the target area.

Merry christmas, gun nuts.

This just feels too arcadey and like too much hand holding. Sorry MM i loved everything else though, the houses continue to amaze me and the shower curtain and stair railings were very well done. Can't wait for A17.

I agree with this completely. I loved everything in that video except the health bars. Not having any indication of when the zombie is going to drop is one of the best things in 7 Days. I hope it is for sure Moddable but I'd really like it to just be a toggle in the game itself.

Now what is a real feature:

If you aim a sniper rifle (variable zoom) you can see the crosshairs slightly contract and expand as they readjust to show you the exact area where your bullets might land - based on current zoom level, moving, crouching, mods, skills, etc.

That's a big step up from A16 where the weapon crosshairs may as well display egyptian hieroglyphs to inform you about the target area.

Merry christmas, gun nuts.

See, this I like; because as much as I like UT style shooting games, I've always felt that format didn't work well for a "realistic" shooter like I wish 7days would be. I have always liked that my bow arrows go "somewhere" other than where I'm pointing, it's about time that happens for guns as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this completely. I loved everything in that video except the health bars. Not having any indication of when the zombie is going to drop is one of the best things in 7 Days. I hope it is for sure Moddable but I'd really like it to just be a toggle in the game itself.

Was just chatting it up with Dust2Death (premier ui modder) about it, it should be a gui element which means moddable.

I like that. Maybe we could make the day and time showing up and the compass showing up perks as well? That could be cool...

Or go Legend of Zelda style and do a dungeon to find the compass, which you would have to wander random-gen for potentially weeks to find, and the map in a separate dungeon! And no starting food or water! And start surrounded by 3 cops, 5 dogs, and 12 other assorted zombies!

/manicepisode

Heh.

The HP indicator is just as new as the aforementioned mod.

It was literally programmer art. =P

There was not even a rule set for it, much less implemented. It was put in to have a talking point for the discussion about when/if it should appear and for what.

At least now you won’t have to speculate about community reception. That should save about 5 seconds of team meeting time...

See, this I like; because as much as I like UT style shooting games, I've always felt that format didn't work well for a "realistic" shooter like I wish 7days would be. I have always liked that my bow arrows go "somewhere" other than where I'm pointing, it's about time that happens for guns as well.

Heh...There’s a learning curve to it so I expect it to be a hot topic during the first couple of weeks of experimental. People will hate it until they adapt or progress enough to have the skills, perks, and attachments that will help.

I was very much in wtf mode the first time I tried it after it was hooked up. My wtf buff hasn’t fully expired yet either....

Ok here's my 2 cents....

Animations look great for our charecters . Love all the new houses and climbable vines and trellis.

HATE THE HEALTH BAR......Can it be any bigger??? Why do bosses need a health bar...if you aren't killing it...RUN AWAY and bring back some friends.

I have said this before....Radiated zombies should only be killed with explosions. Use pipe bombs, explosive bolts, barrels, rockets, dynamite..whatever...at least you know their weakness and you are sure to damage them. Don't have any of that stuff..Run like hell and go find some or make some. Not knowing how much health is all the fun in the fight. Will I make it through, should I run away...Damn I'm dead!! Wasn't the idea to clean up the screen from clutter? Now to have this giant arcade red band across the screen...Decluttering.... I THINK NOT!

Swing, shoot, stab until its dead...I would rather have an OH ♥♥♥♥ moment in game.. its more fun that way! What's next power ups in the buff system? Maybe a raccoon suit that helps me fly. Cmon make it as realistic as possible...more immersive.

As for the HUD and time...I would rather be able to find/loot/build a compass and watch in game, in order to determine direction and time. More things to loot(like madmole said). Hell make it a quest then. Go find x. y, z...bring it to a trader and he will make you a compass and/or a watch. Then add it to the HUD. Not knowing is half the fun....how many times you get into looting or building and finally look at the time and go OH ♥♥♥♥..I have to get inside...like now!!

Open cabinets/fridge....mehhh....not a fan...they look cool, but I would rather be able to loot something and find it empty then not loot something at all. Rather have different types of lootable fridges...like MM mentioned. Maybe a standing freezer in the garages.. like some people have.

Regards

OUCH

If you have the same mag extender it will do that every single time. A different one may be better or worse.

As for installing one with a 10% increase for an 8 round magazine... learn to math.

That's like installing a different spring on the firing pin of a bolt action rifle and expecting a higher rate of fire. That's not how it works...

I normally agree with most things you post but an extender that adds room for .8 bullets because of its quality? How would that physically work?

A magazine extender has room for X number of rounds. You put it in the crappiest gun in existence and it still gives X extra rounds to fire. You put it in the nicest most expensive gun in existence and it still gives how much? That's right X number of extra rounds. It's quality could affect the number but the QL of the gun you put it in can't possibly make a physical difference in how many rounds the extender holds.

Archived