Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

We're still deciding that. It might be a perk you buy, so its not even there by default. Maybe it will just be for bosses. Originally it was for them because we have these cool group quests you can do, and having a health bar for the big boss is kind of essential in our opinion. Nobody likes a stupid radiated feral that you can't even kill because he's regenerating or whatever. We're going to communicate what kind of strengths they have as well with little icons so you know their strengths and weaknesses.

I like that. Maybe we could make the day and time showing up and the compass showing up perks as well? That could be cool...

I like that. Maybe we could make the day and time showing up and the compass showing up perks as well? That could be cool...

What level to I have to be to see my hunger bar?

EDIT: Perks for HUD elements is bad. Perks for unnecessary HUD elements is even worse. Can we go back to getting better at stuff by doing stuff please? Digging a big trench doesn't make me better at clubbing zombies. (Unless there will be a SPECIAL type system where digging increases strength which increases melee damage.)

Unpredictability means surprise. Surprise means senseless actions. Senseless actions mean mistakes. Mistakes mean death.

I would consider this in a later Development stage, means do the balance first with predictable zombies and then add a +- 20% randomization on the zombievalues. This way they are still predictable on large scale, but they can surprise you really if running speed, chance to stun, Attackspeed and damage roll all a +20%

We're still deciding that. It might be a perk you buy, so its not even there by default. Maybe it will just be for bosses. Originally it was for them because we have these cool group quests you can do, and having a health bar for the big boss is kind of essential in our opinion. Nobody likes a stupid radiated feral that you can't even kill because he's regenerating or whatever. We're going to communicate what kind of strengths they have as well with little icons so you know their strengths and weaknesses.

You might want to read up on the several pages of discussion where bullet-sponges were considered a cheap cop-out.

I'm sure you can find somebody, somewhere, who likes the idea of a bullet-sponge but they would definitely be in the minority.

Apologies if that came across as a little harsh.

Off-topic:

Can we get some fist weapons? Like one or two? I love punching zombies in their faces.

On-topic:

Another way you can do "health bars" is to have a visual indicator on the entity itself. Like blood constantly spurting out the more you damage them. That way, if you pump a few slugs into a guy and no blood starts flowing, then you better run.

Hot-topic:

giphy.gif

As to the video:

The shotgun would have taken more mods because it was tier 6 out of 6.

The shown magazine extender worked fine. It was tier 1 and increased capacity from 8 to 8.8.

(all programmer number but technically it works =)

It needs to round-up. Even a tier 1 extender should increase cap by at least 1.

x-ray glasses for zombie-hookers confirmed.

I forsee icons not going over well with this crowd here. How about in-game hints like notices or books you can find in the house that give away weaknesses of the zombie. For example a book about firefighting means he was a fireman in real life and is pretty fireresistant, a letter from the doctor that he has a water phobia hints at a weakness against water throwers (if such a weapon were in the game).

It needs to round-up. Even a tier 1 extender should increase cap by at least 1.

Maybe its only a matter of naming. From a Magazine extender i wuld indeed expect at least 1 more round in the magazine.

But a "Magazine extender Kit" that is used to be "Assembled" in different Magazines. That can end up with a situation the Mod gives no bonus

Or as alternative, add a second Bonusvalue where even small numbers make sense, like 5% Reload speed.

btw.....Madmole inadvertently showed a brand new feature in the most recent video but you have to be really observant to have caught it. If someone can spot the change I'll confirm it and it may lay to rest one of the biggest #gates we've had around here...

You mean other than the change of position to the day and time of day counters to be on either side of the compass?

Off-topic:

Can we get some fist weapons? Like one or two? I love punching zombies in their faces.

On-topic:

Another way you can do "health bars" is to have a visual indicator on the entity itself. Like blood constantly spurting out the more you damage them. That way, if you pump a few slugs into a guy and no blood starts flowing, then you better run.

Hot-topic:

giphy.gif

+1 err +2?! I'll take both!

41rM8bX9AsL.jpg

Hunger bars are the past....

Did anyone else catch Roland's hint?

It's level 57 for the HUD/Powered Armor Perk. But if its the Halo powered Armor or the Mass Effect powered armor, I'm not sure.

Edit: My vote is for the Mass Effect powered armor and not Mass Effect 4!

What level do you have to be to make good jokes?

We really need a bar for that. I'd like to mouse over someone's handle and see their joke bar rating. Would save so much more time than actually reading the potentially funny/unfunny posts....

I apologize, I need a Snickers. Haven't had a weekday off in almost a year so I don't know what to do with myself.

Oooh and a cranky bar. It could look like a snicker bar. I could just mouse over Toss and see a quarter of a snicker and just keep my finger on the ban button just in case.... :)

We really need a bar for that. I'd like to mouse over someone's handle and see their joke bar rating. Would save so much more time than actually reading the potentially funny/unfunny posts....

Unless you're a streamer, then it's unlocked from day 1.

Archived