Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Fataal posted about the multiplier that zombies get when attacking the same block. If that was exposed to xml, it could potentially be modified to simulate a "zombie push" that could topple lesser blocks. Chain link would be a worthwhile defensive measure for keeping a handful of zombies out, but a massive population would just push through it.

Would love to see something like that implemented.

Even better if it's based on SI rather than block hardness.

Alot of doors are made of hollow cheap presswood and are easier to break than what martial artist do. Solid real doors I have seen been broken by a single person in real life pushing with extreme pressure in the right spot. (Front door to apartment) But this was years ago and I dont have a video of it. Sure he was about 6'7 with arms like tree trunks, but still.

Not that any of that matters, my point is in a video game, or any made up fiction world anything is possible. The zombies in 7d2d dont need human limitations. Silly to expect that.

Last night I did a horde night, I was feeling safe in my base, then suddenly 2-3 blocks of my fighting base gets destroy. I look there were not spiting cop or vulture. I was getting 2-3 zombine at a time and I am easily killing them at Game stage of 180. But then how my base that stand for 24+ game days start breaking now. I found the answer when horde night was finished. I go down my base. And I found that couple of zombie get in hole somehow [it was hole generate 2-3 days ago when I was mining near by base and zombie dig down] and they came down my fight base digging from 20 blocks far.

Once Zombie are in whole they will dig, but why they get in whole is different concept. I didn't see anyone falling there, but they either intentionally fall or whatever. Breaking of base was suprising too, why base didn't fall off and only couple of block broke which are vertically setup and not horizontal. There are lot of confuse, but I love the thrill.

But in game you cannot get all thing realistic, not with these hardware and how we are programming things. there is 1000s time optimization needed to be realistic.

Guys it is a game.... If you got walls up and the threat was gone the game would be over. If you want realism in your free time take up knitting....

My wife does a lot of knitting. At one point she actually hurt herself quite bad by sitting on a knitting-needle.. It needed stitches.

Summary; don't do a dangerous hobby, take up gaming.

My wife does a lot of knitting. At one point she actually hurt herself quite bad by sitting on a knitting-needle.. It needed stitches.

Summary; don't do a dangerous hobby, take up gaming.

When I was nine, I grabbed my Dad’s hammer and started cracking rocks open to see what they looked like inside. A couple of shards flew and embedded themselves into my leg. No stitches but cleaning the wound out was the most painful experience of my life up till then.

Summary: don’t do dangerous activities like Geology. Take up gaming and forum loitering.

I mean, if you look at it in the right way, there are some real-life equivalents to zombies. Maybe a better way to say it is we don't typically think of zombies as being able smash through a ten-meter thick wall of concrete in the same way that we don't think of them being able to shoot lasers out of their eyes or walk through walls. It's not that you can't make zombies do that in a fictional setting, it's that it doesn't feel right when you do.

In a world where I can carry 1000's of those thick concrete blocks and plop them down in any arrangement to make a defend-able base, and craft my own ak47s out of parts I wrench from a car, I absolutely expect the main threat in my video game to be able to break them or shoot me with ranged attacks, I dont consider it magic and it doesnt feel wrong at all. It just feels like what is needed for my main threat to be a threat.

@Maynard69

That's the problem of looking at only one side of the balancing scale, claiming IMMERSHUN. ;)

A stock human in this game is strong enough to carry what amounts to 45000 real life tons of concrete in his inventory.

By immersion rules that means Hulk-level flesh and bone density to not die instantly. Given those, destroying concrete and steel becomes perfectly reasonable. Because immersion! ;)

When I was nine, I grabbed my Dad’s hammer and started cracking rocks open to see what they looked like inside. A couple of shards flew and embedded themselves into my leg. No stitches but cleaning the wound out was the most painful experience of my life up till then.

Summary: don’t do dangerous activities like Geology. Take up gaming and forum loitering.

I can provide a course for you if you want! Safety First in Geology, given by myself.

Since we know each other over these past few years, I'm willing to lower the course fee to only 199.99 dollars!

- - - Updated - - -

Geology or knitting can be very dangerous indeed.

Don't ever try both at once or you may fall into a volcano while concentrating on your knitting.

Lol xD You obviously wouldn't need some warm knitted clothing then..

- - - Updated - - -

Falling onto your knitting while concentrating on a volcano is not equally bad but bad enough.

Falling on your knitting? That's some sort of weird synergy between Seppuku and handcrafting..

@Gazz

Exactly, if I had to find a wheelbarrow then very slowly carry 1-2 blocks worth of concrete to my build site. Then slowly pour it into forms (emptying stamina). Then make sure it dries properly, smoothing the edge ect. Then take a break and eat a big meal. Wait about a day, then remove the forms. Then go back to my mixer and work on the next two blocks. Rinse repeat. Then I would be pissed if a zombie or two could break it.

But since all I have to do is plop down a frame and click two times, it no bother me much for a zombie to break it.

Zombies aren't real = no realism should be added is a terrible argument.

Nobody argued that. But maybe you should argue against all the 100s realism breakers that are in the game that do have real world comparisons that exist first. Like building large buildings in a day or two solo. Or making working tires from scratch with just a workbench. Like carrying tons of weight in a backpack. Like crafting precision instruments like scopes ect from a piece of paper and glue.

Zombies being able to break stuff should be last on the list since that is the main enemy and we can easily do a ton of stuff to counter them that would be impossible irl.

Realism is fine, except when it makes the main game feature and progression pointless. (zombies that cant break stuff) You will always be able to point something out and say "hey thats not like real life" well, duh, its a game and not simulator, it doesn't need to be just like real life

True. So rocks > socks.

But paper beats rocks....at least in some particular instances. Cut my finger on an old book page. Didn't bother washing it out, you know paper cut - how bad can it be. Infection lasted over 3 weeks (apparently small fibers of paper irritate a LOT). Never quite had it like tht cutting myself on rock.

So...it all depends.

B

But paper beats rocks....at least in some particular instances. Cut my finger on an old book page. Didn't bother washing it out, you know paper cut - how bad can it be. Infection lasted over 3 weeks (apparently small fibers of paper irritate a LOT). Never quite had it like tht cutting myself on rock.

So...it all depends.

B

See, Roland! Paper is bad, and rocks are friends!

Not much of anything really. Probably don't need to bother the God of Rocks. God of Dirtclods will do.

So...... how about them new books we have coming?

I like the idea in general. Definitely better then the temp buff magazines. Does this me perks like like lucky looter and night stalker will be removed and replaced with these?

- - - Updated - - -

The perk magazines were really only something that could be implemented quickly and give us a bunch of filler items for book stores.

Now the question is: If all the new books are super awesome, bookstores become the most incredible source of power increases.

What would the filler content be? Perk magazines retained? Paper?

Having the player walk out of a bookstore with 15 of those new books can not be intended. ;)

Toilet paper for the new dysentary minigame...😅

The perk magazines were really only something that could be implemented quickly and give us a bunch of filler items for book stores.

Now the question is: If all the new books are super awesome, bookstores become the most incredible source of power increases.

What would the filler content be? Perk magazines retained? Paper?

Having the player walk out of a bookstore with 15 of those new books can not be intended. ;)

Do what I did in Medieval mod. Have pieces of books, or a system where 3 books equals the sum total of 1 book. You don't get the concrete perk or whatever until you have read on cement, cement mixers and application of cement.

Archived