Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I'm not sure if shared xp is broken in the latest build, but if you launch the dedicated server, it throws out this error:

"2019-02-21T12:19:27 84.409 ERR GetString: InvalidCastException PartySharedKillRange"

It could be that its just not accepting a new value for shared xp range, or it could be that shared xp is busted. 8(

(The value we usually use is 200, fwiw, and it won't accept the vanilla 100 or our 200 setting.)

Maybe post it in bug reports?

Cheers

Not sure you are sarcastic or putting your opinion, but in either case. I comment on person putting his "way of playing" and I put my ways, which is default way for 7days to die for years.

Also, ask Fun pimps to add another option ...lol for it now :) . a setting in server XML or something :).

In truth - it's sarcasm and recognition of the truth at the same time.

In games of this type must be a choice - because too many nonuniqueness. Modding is a good choice, but vanilla has to give a options, too.

Is it okey to tell you to use the designed gamesetting to turn it off? Or also gonna freak over that?

Cheers

Haha i swear you people. I knew there was a setting, i knew when the patch notes were released LAST NIGHT unlike most of you apparently. Which is why I posted that in the first place. The setting has been added so no need to argue over it.

Good to know that my sarcastic swipe at a normal player sentiment worked as intended. Keep being you guys ;)

- - - Updated - - -

"Madmole confirmed A18"

I spread the word ^^

He confirmed it like 2 weeks ago. Good Morning.

Haha i swear you people. I knew there was a setting, i knew when the patch notes were released LAST NIGHT unlike most of you apparently. Which is why I posted that in the first place. The setting has been added so no need to argue over it.

Good to know that my sarcastic swipe at a normal player sentiment worked as intended. Keep being you guys ;)

WIth your recent sourness, this looked NOTHING like sarcasm. But keep being you ;)

Cheers

When it’s done :)

More like when testing thinks its ready. We're not delaying builds for unfinished features any more, those get moved to the next alpha or added in a patch. The show must go on. That said A18 will be small compared to A17 but large "like a sequel" moves were not as well as anticipated as I thought they would be.

Looking awesome.

Is it possible to get a statement if the current 17.2 build is a candidate for stable release in the next 24-40 hours? I'm leaving for a business trip and the server im managing has quite an amount of people chafing at the bit to start over. As I always prepare the world with some detail work for the players I could start with the current (experimental) RWG already at least so the transition is rather fast.

We're fixing it, not sure when it will be ready for public consumption, but here are some screenshots and news about it:

More like when testing thinks its ready. We're not delaying builds for unfinished features any more, those get moved to the next alpha or added in a patch. The show must go on. That said A18 will be small compared to A17 but large "like a sequel" moves were not as well as anticipated as I thought they would be.

That’s awesome news. Thank you for the updates!

Archived