Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

You are kinda right, but for GAME, if real zombie came by, it won't be a fun. Plus in real you get 1000s of zombie in city, not couple roaming around building and 50-60 in different room which cannot hear you been in different room. Unless 7DTD figure out to put 100s of zombie in game, everything else related to z is compensation.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if Stable comes out your blood moon might be over by then, and if you are not leveling up for whatever bug, you won't get higher gamestae and all your blood moon will be relatively easy.

yeah but will i be able to level up again when stable comes out?

There's a bit of a trick to it but, with a bit of practice and a lot of physics, humans can indeed smash through concrete.

I'm going to assume the zombies studied Karate at the same university where they studied structural engineering :-)

Lol those blocks are created to break lol. It's all a image of the eye trick. Not real well it is but not. Also they are humans. zs have rotting flesh and bones and they would simply break shred off as the zs tried to break blocks.

I have no clue what you are talking about. I am not a fictional zombie, what I can do is irrelevant. Also I have lots of pics of me breaking through wood as a child during martial arts training.

In relation to the game, it would make sense that as they break a block their limbs get ground down to nothing, and they could only get through concrete with a group hitting the same block. But then where would the threat be, meh.

Lol easily those blocks you karate guys use are simply made to look like you guys are tough boys lol. They are thin planks with air under it thus downward force by a human would render the structural integrity beyond its allowable force thus breaking. But a rotting flesh ridden z would have no chance in all relations to destroying blocks with their dead body parts that only function cause of muscle spasms not strong enough to penetrate anything other then flesh or dirt.

Lol easily those blocks you karate guys use are simply made to look like you guys are tough boys lol. They are thin planks with air under it thus downward force by a human would render the structural integrity beyond its allowable force thus breaking. But a rotting flesh ridden z would have no chance in all relations to destroying blocks with their dead body parts that only function cause of muscle spasms not strong enough to penetrate anything other then flesh or dirt.

They arent blocks just pieces of wood held in the air by another person. You kick or punch to break them. Most things in the real world aren't blocks, that's in your video game, don't get them confused.

The impact that breaks things doesn't come from your strong flesh. Its from your bones. Zombies having rotting flesh wouldn't hurt their impact power, they also don't care if they break or damage their bones since no pain. The idea that they are stronger than humans comes from them having no limiters like these.

But beyond explaining my perception of what a zombie could be if they existed, this is a video game, about fictional monsters. Who cares what limits you perceive them having. Its doesn't matter at all. And your video game doesn't need to match up with real life anyway, its not a simulator.

The impact that breaks things doesn't come from your strong flesh. Its from your bones.

Yes, means massive wood door = broken bones

Surely its impressive when martial art artists break wood or stone. But finally its show.

Try the same at a massive door (and i mean not the typical carton doors most houses have today) and you will break your bones.

You can post a Pic or Video where someone break 3 cm of massive oak with his pure body and i can allready tell you that this pic or video is a fake.

Yes, means massive wood door = broken bones

Surely its impressive when martial art artists break wood or stone. But finally its show.

Try the same at a massive door (and i mean not the typical carton doors most houses have today) and you will break your bones.

You can post a Pic or Video where someone break 3 cm of massive oak with his pure body and i can allready tell you that this pic or video is a fake.

Alot of doors are made of hollow cheap presswood and are easier to break than what martial artist do. Solid real doors I have seen been broken by a single person in real life pushing with extreme pressure in the right spot. (Front door to apartment) But this was years ago and I dont have a video of it. Sure he was about 6'7 with arms like tree trunks, but still.

Not that any of that matters, my point is in a video game, or any made up fiction world anything is possible. The zombies in 7d2d dont need human limitations. Silly to expect that.

Guys it is a game.... If you got walls up and the threat was gone the game would be over. If you want realism in your free time take up knitting....

Exactly if zombies couldnt break blocks the game would be just stupid easy and over on day5, unless you just wanted to build pretty things without purpose. go to creative for that.

Exactly if zombies couldnt break blocks the game would be just stupid easy and over on day5, unless you just wanted to build pretty things without purpose. go to creative for that.

So your opinion is right lol.

I will disagree. We want realism and we also understand its a game. But even in a game realism can be implemented. And it is stupid a z can destroy blocks full stop. Doesn't mean a herd of zs cannot push over a decaying/collapsing wall.

But meh it is moddable and i have made the zs how real zs would act and the proper way lol

I agree

Seriously though, you are arguing that fictional being should behave like it does irl. Oh wait...

I mean, if you look at it in the right way, there are some real-life equivalents to zombies. Maybe a better way to say it is we don't typically think of zombies as being able smash through a ten-meter thick wall of concrete in the same way that we don't think of them being able to shoot lasers out of their eyes or walk through walls. It's not that you can't make zombies do that in a fictional setting, it's that it doesn't feel right when you do.

So your opinion is right lol.

I will disagree. We want realism and we also understand its a game. But even in a game realism can be implemented. And it is stupid a z can destroy blocks full stop. Doesn't mean a herd of zs cannot push over a decaying/collapsing wall.

But meh it is moddable and i have made the zs how real zs would act and the proper way lol

Since A17.2 i can give all zombies 25% damage and with a modlet i can go down to 1%

So this discussaion is allready solved. My next task is to find a nice balance between, zombiedamage and crafting costs.

I imagine something like, to make a Metal door you need 20 minutes in a workbench, same for Concrete and steel blocks.

Btw 1% Blockdamage for normal zombies can be bad too. Now you need to punch the doors by yourself. means when the door breaks you stand very near to the zombies behind it.

Since A17.2 i can give all zombies 25% damage and with a modlet i can go down to 1%

So this discussaion is allready solved. My next task is to find a nice balance between, zombiedamage and crafting costs.

I imagine something like, to make a Metal door you need 20 minutes in a workbench, same for Concrete and steel blocks.

Btw 1% Blockdamage for normal zombies can be bad too. Now you need to punch the doors by yourself. means when the door breaks you stand very near to the zombies behind it.

I made all zs 0 blockdamage. If possible I make em 0.00001% cause maybe they make a little scratch lol

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, if you look at it in the right way, there are some real-life equivalents to zombies. Maybe a better way to say it is we don't typically think of zombies as being able smash through a ten-meter thick wall of concrete in the same way that we don't think of them being able to shoot lasers out of their eyes or walk through walls. It's not that you can't make zombies do that in a fictional setting, it's that it doesn't feel right when you do.

^^^^^^ This

Didn't someone do a full Romero conversion mod ages ago? Hell, it might still be a thing.

The idea was that brick and concrete were prohibitively expensive to create and took ages to knock down whereas something like wooden boards across the windows were relatively cheap to make but also much weaker.

With the new AI you'll likely have that "zombies smashing through the windows and doors" moment a lot.

I'd give that a go.

Zombies aren't real = no realism should be added is a terrible argument.

Fataal posted about the multiplier that zombies get when attacking the same block. If that was exposed to xml, it could potentially be modified to simulate a "zombie push" that could topple lesser blocks. Chain link would be a worthwhile defensive measure for keeping a handful of zombies out, but a massive population would just push through it.

Would love to see something like that implemented.

Archived