Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

The perk magazines were really only something that could be implemented quickly and give us a bunch of filler items for book stores.

Now the question is: If all the new books are super awesome, bookstores become the most incredible source of power increases.

What would the filler content be? Perk magazines retained? Paper?

Having the player walk out of a bookstore with 15 of those new books can not be intended. ;)

keep both, normal loot being temp buff books, with rare loot (MAYBE 1-2 per Crack a Book) being permanent books

so still playing A17.1 and I like the way the XP system is going for mining and gardening. much better then A17. I still think it is tough to be just a person who mines and farms. lets say we use a new feature of turning off Bloodmoon and just be a group of farmers and miners. getting up in levels would be hard.

The new XP multiplier setting takes care of this.

Hi all!

Another question: how to craft "can of sham"? I have 10 INT, max coocking.

Sorry for bad english

Look for the manager's office in the large shamway factory, though since I found it I won't be eating "can of sham" any more :puke:

Hi all!

Another question: how to craft "can of sham"? I have 10 INT, max coocking.

Sorry for bad english

Go into your menu and type sham and it should pull it up.

Or you can click on a tin can in your inventory. With the tin can selected, click recipes. Then look for can of sham.

The perk magazines were really only something that could be implemented quickly and give us a bunch of filler items for book stores.

Now the question is: If all the new books are super awesome, bookstores become the most incredible source of power increases.

What would the filler content be? Perk magazines retained? Paper?

Having the player walk out of a bookstore with 15 of those new books can not be intended. ;)

Xyth had a great idea for reading material with his paper back mod :

(snippet from his mod page) "Another proof of concept. Magazines to read on those long nights in base. Goal is to provide a method to allow for in game documentation that includes images."

See it in action:

A book store could have filler documentation about the world, news items.... story background snippets to flesh out what has happened to the world.

A book store could have filler documentation about the world, news items.... story background snippets to flesh out what has happened to the world.

That's a fantastic idea. Worth it for the massive amount of debates and -gates that will happen as people discuss the storyline.

It's also common for the denomination of notes to be in increments large enough to be useful to a majority of the population unless the country is in severe economic turmoil.

Oh look, my 64k map has downloaded...

Children+playing+with+stacks+of+hyperinflated+currency+during+the+Weimar+Republic,+1922+(1).jpg

Metaphors.... :-)

Late to the party, but there is also mathematical awesomeness in the paper money of some countries as explained here ->

Oh...

OooHHHHHHH...

You were being sarcastic -.-

Well played Sir....well played.

Xyth had a great idea for reading material with his paper back mod :

(snippet from his mod page) "Another proof of concept. Magazines to read on those long nights in base. Goal is to provide a method to allow for in game documentation that includes images."

See it in action:

I think you might have the wrong video (that one is about new bat mods). Or maybe it's later on in the video?

Anyway - I remember TFP initially saying that some of the trader changes were supposed to provide backstory about the history of the world, like you're suggesting the bookstore filler would do. That never seemed to go anywhere, is it still on the roadmap at all?

I think a cool book would be one that documents the fall of civilization.

"At first we thought these aberrations were like the plain and simple "zombies" of pop culture lore. However, we couldn't have been more wrong. Whatever metamorphic process has changed them to bestial feral monsters has also hardened their flesh and bones and caused them to ooze or in some cases actually vomit highly acidic fluid. They can pound their way through wood, stone, and even metal as it dissolves and breaks down beneath their acid secreting fists. They are relentless in their hunger for human flesh. In that way they are what we expected of zombies but these creatures are as far above zombies as a rabid wolf is above a cocker spaniel puppy."

Then FINALLY we would have some established lore to help all the Romerophiles finally make the leap over their immersion gap and maybe stop posting to tell us what zombie-like creatures should or should not do... ;-)

You could just make books have volumes and in order to get certain benefits you have to have the whole set. You can make certain volume numbers randomly more rare than the others - attach rarity to trade value as well.

Make it so half the player base has 7 Days to Die Blue version and the other half has 7 Days to Die Red version and the only way to get complete sets of books is to trade with people who have the other version. Gotta catch em all...

You should be able to read books at a rate dictated by your intelligence. If you are super smart you can knock it out in a few hours, whereas if you are a dodo, there goes your whole night.

Oh, and stats should be selected at character creation and only able to increase by very rare circumstances. No more of this pretend role playing by ignoring things. Not progressing down an available skill tree isn't role playing, it's incomplete design.

I still think it would be a very nice addition to the game...to add in readable books and notes into the loot table...find them on a zombie...in a poi etc.

Survivor stories , journal entries , notes , news clippings etc. Things you can just read to add to the games world and "story"

I have suggested it a few times in the past...even holding a "contest" and have people submit different pieces of writing and picking among the best , the funniest etc. and adding in dozens upon dozens of them into the game along with TFP creating some themselves...that way all the work would not be on them...and different peoples writing and ideas would just add to the sense of uniqueness about each little fragment you find to read...

Waiting for dawn to come , you have your crafting going...why not read thru your collection of writing from others to pass the time?

Archived