Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

We're fixing it, not sure when it will be ready for public consumption, but here are some screenshots and news about it:

More like when testing thinks its ready. We're not delaying builds for unfinished features any more, those get moved to the next alpha or added in a patch. The show must go on. That said A18 will be small compared to A17 but large "like a sequel" moves were not as well as anticipated as I thought they would be.

That’s awesome news. Thank you for the updates!

Looking awesome.

Is it possible to get a statement if the current 17.2 build is a candidate for stable release in the next 24-40 hours? I'm leaving for a business trip and the server im managing has quite an amount of people chafing at the bit to start over. As I always prepare the world with some detail work for the players I could start with the current (experimental) RWG already at least so the transition is rather fast.

So far on our server with the latest experimental it's a mess of bugs. I feel it's going to be awhile IMHO.

So far on our server with the latest experimental it's a mess of bugs. I feel it's going to be awhile IMHO.

Its such a mess but you failed to post any actual bugs in the bug thread. Things might go faster if you helped and posted bugs instead of just complain about it and not actually post any bugs.

I would like to see loot overhauled to have a chance of getting those items that are normally unobtainable, like those pipes and big planters. Reason being I would decorating my base but that it would add more loot. Plus those things can also be scrapped or sold the trader and thus have more reasons to use them.

Would me sitting in my chair naked during the generation be a problem?

It depends. A) Do you possess male genitalia? B) Is the chair slatted?

If the answer to both is "yes", then it may be a problem for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a random gen pond fed by a river.

Holy crap. Alright it's been more than 4 hours, I need to call a doctor.

@ mm

From Bug reports because discussions are there not wished

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?110709-Alpha-17-2-Experimental-B27-bug-reporting-thread&p=951297&viewfull=1#post951297

I'm pretty sure we're not looking to collect any RWG bugs since we have a brand new RWG we're working on.

You want really no feedback on bugs like the "any" bug reported in B20

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?109536-Alpha-17-2-Experimental-B20-bug-reporting-thread&p=947810&viewfull=1#post947810

which will, if the Devs are not aware of it, result in the need to write the whole rwgmixer.xml again from scratch ? (at least the Prefabs part)

Reporting it and ask the Dev "Hey you are aware that "any" (placement rule) in the prefab own xml´s is broken ? "

needs 1 minute

Write the whole xml from scratch , i guess thats more than a minute.

Same for the typo bug above, check it and forward the information 2 Minutes. Result if not forwarded and not known, far more.

That you need no

"Hey rwg sucks because ...." is a other story

Random Gen River banks with erosion:

This is geologist-approved!

- - - Updated - - -

Would me sitting in my chair naked during the generation be a problem?

Oh it's a problem allright. Not game-related, per se.

What kinda chair? The ones where your skin sticks if you're all sweaty?

Too many rivers IMO. It could make driving vehicles tedious.

Maybe have 0-1 river with a start point and some type of Perlin Worm that leads it to the edge of the map.

It's probably just a test for rivers. It may even be a really large map.

I actually wouldn't mind if say 1 in 100 maps ended up like this. Luck of the draw with an unexpected challenge to face.

Too many rivers IMO. It could make driving vehicles tedious.

Maybe have 0-1 river with a start point and some type of Perlin Worm that leads it to the edge of the map.

Thats a WIP of a WIP and you critisise it, bud ;)

Looks pretty neat now, lets wait for more.

This is not even "a map".

It's a test of rivers and the erosion of river banks.

It's like someone showing off the mesh of a new zombie model and everyone freaking out "because zombies will look boring and flat".

(a mesh does not include a texture)

Archived