Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I think a cool book would be one that documents the fall of civilization.

"At first we thought these aberrations were like the plain and simple "zombies" of pop culture lore. However, we couldn't have been more wrong. Whatever metamorphic process has changed them to bestial feral monsters has also hardened their flesh and bones and caused them to ooze or in some cases actually vomit highly acidic fluid. They can pound their way through wood, stone, and even metal as it dissolves and breaks down beneath their acid secreting fists. They are relentless in their hunger for human flesh. In that way they are what we expected of zombies but these creatures are as far above zombies as a rabid wolf is above a cocker spaniel puppy."

Then FINALLY we would have some established lore to help all the Romerophiles finally make the leap over their immersion gap and maybe stop posting to tell us what zombie-like creatures should or should not do... ;-)

Many don't like the Romero zeds either, if they did, they would be fine with zeds getting smarter as time goes on, and using tools.

(zedgirl-basement-bricktrowel used to kill her dad in Night of the Living Dead).

#BlameTWDCrowd <-- :anonymous:

Let me get the obvious out of the way first: No game can heat up a video card beyond it's design specs aka running under max load.

Now the #1 thing to do is to get all the dust out. That can seriously hamper cooling.

After that it's hard to tell. Bad air flow / positioning of devices in the case? An extra fan for the case would certainly be tons cheaper than a new video card.

Also, make sure your PC case is far enough away from the back for air clearance. I run a i7 4570k processor/liquid cooled - I have to have the back of my pc away from the wall at least 1 foot for adequate cooling.

Many don't like the Romero zeds either, if they did, they would be fine with zeds getting smarter as time goes on, and using tools.

(zedgirl-basement-bricktrowel used to kill her dad in Night of the Living Dead).

#BlameTWDCrowd <-- :anonymous:

All the main Romero films include smart zombies - there's also Roger in Dawn, Bub in Day, and Big Daddy in Land.

I've said before that I'd love to see smart "ringleader" zombies in the game who can lead other zombies around traps and things and would therefore be a priority to take out. I think that's much better than the superpowered zombies we currently have.

OOOOO Snickers bars! I love those. Please tell me that they are going to be in the game. Yes? :)

Come and get them.

*drinkin last sip of yucca juice and furiously throwin away the can straight into a lost chicken`s head*

Chicken : Sploosh into the ground.

Me : Oh, some food !

With the advent of random blood moons and variable zombie speed it would be a good idea if the backstory for the zombies was vague enough to account for all of these without obvious logical fallacies.

The cause of the zombie outbreak is unlikely to cause much controversy but it would be fantastic if TFP ran with the idea of it all being down to the sham products. It hits the spot for good sci-fi being a morality tale. In this case it would be the horrors of lab grown food, GMO, and corporate callousness which are often in the news these days.

So.. any news on 17.2? Or will we be stuck with it for a while. I want to play the game again..

Id like to know too, simply because all talk is about a18. So are we in limbo for 17.2? is it doomed to stay in experimental forever never hitting stable? No more fixes to it at all? Is it going to stable in its current form. SOME info would be nice. Are there plans to update experimental at all?

Let me get the obvious out of the way first: No game can heat up a video card beyond it's design specs aka running under max load.

Now the #1 thing to do is to get all the dust out. That can seriously hamper cooling.

After that it's hard to tell. Bad air flow / positioning of devices in the case? An extra fan for the case would certainly be tons cheaper than a new video card.

DUST - Gazz is right. we have 5 rigs at home (3 sons who game, a server and my wife's system) every couple of months we take them all outside and open the case and with a leaf blower I remove what is a massive amount of dust from the fans, heatsinks, power supply, etc. its amazing, and we have a clean house with hardwood floors and a weekly house keeper.

HEAT is #1 killer of systems and causes shutdowns, as does loose items like poorly seated RAM.

also make sure all your fans are on and working.

on another note, make sure your Power supply can handle the peak GPU load, some folks still have 300-500W PS and should be using one that is at least 700-900W with dedicated rails for GPU.

Id like to know too, simply because all talk is about a18. So are we in limbo for 17.2? is it doomed to stay in experimental forever never hitting stable? No more fixes to it at all? Is it going to stable in its current form. SOME info would be nice. Are there plans to update experimental at all?

Expect it to be like 16.5

-A

A real zombie is

* a weaker Human

*Weaker bones and skull

* not able to smash a wood door

* Walks only

* works as song as the brain is intact

* Solar driven ? (can rest very long in darkness)

* So damn infectious that one scratch or bite will kill every human

But 7D2D´s interpretation,... i can life with, mostly ^^

You are kinda right, but for GAME, if real zombie came by, it won't be a fun. Plus in real you get 1000s of zombie in city, not couple roaming around building and 50-60 in different room which cannot hear you been in different room. Unless 7DTD figure out to put 100s of zombie in game, everything else related to z is compensation.

- - - Updated - - -

So in EXP 17.2 im getting that XP bug with the high multiplier and insainly high xp requirement. I know that TFP are aware of the issue but when the stable comes out will my game be fixed? I cant level up and its almost a blood moon. Someone plz reply

Even if Stable comes out your blood moon might be over by then, and if you are not leveling up for whatever bug, you won't get higher gamestae and all your blood moon will be relatively easy.

With the advent of random blood moons and variable zombie speed it would be a good idea if the backstory for the zombies was vague enough to account for all of these without obvious logical fallacies.

The cause of the zombie outbreak is unlikely to cause much controversy but it would be fantastic if TFP ran with the idea of it all being down to the sham products. It hits the spot for good sci-fi being a morality tale. In this case it would be the horrors of lab grown food, GMO, and corporate callousness which are often in the news these days.

The cause of the Zombie apocalypse will be: Prions. Currently the cause of the so called "Zombie" Wasting Disease!

A twisted protein that tries to get other proteins in the brain to become twisted like it. Kind of like some charismatic, evil politician with a bad idea. Prions can last for years in the open air

Currently the USA has a serious Prion problem just north of Arizona (interesting, right?).

Hi can you add this to your list of things to do? Increase buffer size or make it dynamic in size for future modding. Read my thread as to what I would like to be improved. If the team can fix this it would make the game have the potential to grow to infinite heights through the use of mods!

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?110468-Help-with-Memory-Stream-Error

Waiting on 17.2 I have a full cup of Ice Cold Coke with ice. Double decker bratwurst sandwich with swiss cheese and a touch of mayo. Homemade potato salad - yes the awesomeness kind. I am all set on waiting.

- - - Updated - - -

Waiting on 17.2 I have a full cup of Ice Cold Coke with ice. Double decker bratwurst sandwich with swiss cheese and a touch of mayo. Homemade potato salad - yes the awesomeness kind. I am all set on waiting.

Wow! Very tasty. No - I don't smoke.

The cause of the Zombie apocalypse will be: Prions. Currently the cause of the so called "Zombie" Wasting Disease!

A twisted protein that tries to get other proteins in the brain to become twisted like it. Kind of like some charismatic, evil politician with a bad idea. Prions can last for years in the open air

Currently the USA has a serious Prion problem just north of Arizona (interesting, right?).

Whats scary about that, is that you dont know if you have it or not until years or decades later. We could all be infected and never know it. Like if cattle or chicken production was tainted with that or something. 10 years from now we might all drop dead. Luckily for now only 1 out of each million people get infected.

They first discovered Prions in the 50's when a cannibalistic tribe was losing a ton of people from the disease due to eating brain matter from the dead in their tribe.

Idk about zombie apocalypse though, I think it mainly causes you to be just dead, not undead.

Whats scary about that, is that you dont know if you have it or not until years or decades later. We could all be infected and never know it. Like if cattle or chicken production was tainted with that or something. 10 years from now we might all drop dead. Luckily for now only 1 out of each million people get infected.

They first discovered Prions in the 50's when a cannibalistic tribe was losing a ton of people from the disease due to eating brain matter from the dead in their tribe.

Idk about zombie apocalypse though, I think it mainly causes you to be just dead, not undead.

Before they die, they could have some zombie-like behavior, hence the unofficial "Zombie" inclusion to the disease name for the current deer outbreak in America.

So the 7D2D scenario: The current Prions in America make the jump to humans. CDC gets billions of dollars and hip-shoots what seams to be the cure and parades the "Cured" patents around the world while inoculating anyone who wants the vaccines.

The vaccine has a 7 day flu-like symptom followed by 6 months incubation time before the real problems show...

Oh yeah, the CDC doctors were kidnaped in New York City, by the terrorist group: "The 12 Monkeys of Sham".

What should the developers do ?

Some people are asking for a quick release of the official 17.2 (not experimental) while others prefer it should be as polished as it can get.

Much people ask for a better RWG - my guess its this one thing keeping TFP busy. So we should wait and we can afford to wait if we want a nice and good experience.

Archived