Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Will increasing player block damage mean we get more resources from mining?

Depends ony many factors. As a thumbrule, if your higher speed make you Mine more blocks of the same type its arround the same. If your higher speed has only a small effect on your speed from Block to block (surface boulders) it can be that you harvest less.

But i have no real testvalues to my hand. I play currently my first game i dont skill miner 69.

I was asking him to do that not announcing it was done. Sorry.

I realise the word "mod" causes spasms... but if zombie player damage is too high why not mod it for now? I've done it with zombie block damage so it'd be easy enough to do it with player damage.

I'm saying this to the thread in general, not just to Roland by the way.

There are some cool settings coming to 17.2

Yesterday I tried the following:

Player block damage: 200%

Zombie block damage: 50%

Blood Moon Horde block damage: 50%

Blood Moon Frequency: Daily

Day Length: 30 minutes

Loot: 200%

XP gain: 200%

Supply Drops: Daily (marked on map)

map: 4k

It had something approaching Horde Mode in feel and was a lot of fun. Definitely more on the arcade side with so much loot and leveling up so often and so fast. It would be cool if there could be different types of supply drop crates like before so I could get stacks of building blocks and just concentrate on building but the roofs of POI's were fine at least through day 3.

Given all these options, it would be great if there could be some pre-defined sets of these and others, such as "Classic Mode", "Horde Mode", "Builder's Paradise", "Arcade Frenzy", "Romero Walkers", and so on that we could select. It would be less confusing for new players, and it would mean that when people were talking about their game experiences they would be more likely to be comparing like with like.

If these named lists of option settings were stored in XML, players would be able to create their own and upload them to the forum too.

I guess my new Game setup will be 7+21 Hordenight. But 64 entity Horde.

We will see.

What we need in future is "Survivor Radio".

After you found the parts and build a radio you can hear Music and if a Hordeday happens you get a Warning arround 16:00.

"Hey Naveszgane, we have reports of a Huge Horde heading towards you. Close your windows, lift your Drawbridges and load your guns,.."

I guess my new Game setup will be 7+21 Hordenight. But 64 entity Horde.

We will see.

What we need in future is "Survivor Radio".

After you found the parts and build a radio you can hear Music and if a Hordeday happens you get a Warning arround 16:00.

"Hey Naveszgane, we have reports of a Huge Horde heading towards you. Close your windows, lift your Drawbridges and load your guns,.."

Or, if you want more horror, the (AM) radio is silent all the time but before horde night random noise or a slowly pulsating tone can be heard over it

Or, if you want more horror, the (AM) radio is silent all the time but before horde night random noise or a slowly pulsating tone can be heard over it

Ohhh, THIS! Definitely this. The horde warning stinger (and the night/morning sound) are so immersion breaking. Give us real horror like this. Even better, if you have to build the radio it's an option to receive the warnings.

It would be even more horrific if the AM worked but the horde caused interference in the signal, blocking normal transmission and replacing it with a slowly pulsating tone e.g. heavy breathing, heartbeat, a deep rythmic drumming, or something.

Then you will like this option:

Blood Moon Range - Sets a random range that blood moons will happen. 0 is off. 3 would mean a blood moon can happen up to 3 days later than normal.

Is it still 7 days to die then??? Or 7+x days to die...

If you'll do so, then make the dog horde random, too. After the first, of course.

Ohhh, THIS! Definitely this. The horde warning stinger (and the night/morning sound) are so immersion breaking. Give us real horror like this. Even better, if you have to build the radio it's an option to receive the warnings.

It would be even more horrific if the AM worked but the horde caused interference in the signal, blocking normal transmission and replacing it with a slowly pulsating tone e.g. heavy breathing, heartbeat, a deep rythmic drumming, or something.

yeah, find radio tower (plenty of them in rwg) perk in science 2 points and advanced engineering 2 points. find materials and repair transmitter. have reciever at your base. sometimes in normal time you hear music or someone talking about surviving. then suddenly horryfing cry or roaring and munching sounds. it may announce that trader bill or jill has new goods to sell.

Faatal: Can you check to see if the controller fixes (the vehicle run toggle and the down gyro control) were finally added to your development builds? You mentioned completing them, but no one ever added them to my knowledge. (It might have been the day before the last exp, but the stable build a week or two later also didn't include it.

I'd also like to see a setting or increase in backpack and loot drop bag duration. As it is if you get one early on horde night, its gone before you can go retrieve it. I know Gazz said that horde nights aren't a loot delivery system, but its the reward for defending our bases an they are so rare that loosing them is really disappointing to players on our server.

I would think they would last at least 12 game hours in case of a death and retrieval as well.

(We have it changed on our servers now with a modlet, but it should be standard in the game IMHO.)

Thanks again for keeping us in the loop, and your excellent additions!

It is only plus since the start is determined by Blood Moon Frequency and range then adds to it.

The settings are:

Blood Moon Frequency (0, 1, 3, 7, 14, 30)

Blood Moon Range (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 7, 10, 14, 20)

They are numeric options, so you could do others values.

Combined you can do stuff like every 1-2, 1-4, 1-8, 3-7, 3-13, 7-11 days.

I just have a few questions to clarify what you are saying.....

Say I set it for every 7 days with 3 offset so 7-10 days.

When does it start counting the 7-10 days again?

Does it start at the first set which is 7 or does it start counting again at the actual time the Blood Moon happens?

Let me fully explain what I am saying so there is no misunderstanding.

so using above example if I set 7-10 and the Blood Moon happens on the 10th day....

Would the next Blood Moon be appearing between the days of 14-17?....... or would it be between days 17-20?

Archived