Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

...the number one complaint of the alpha, and you don't believe in it?

he said he doesnt have that issue... he is hiding at bedrock trying to figure out how to spam craft stone axes so he can max level...

j/k of course... but we love ya DaVegaNL :)

but serious note tho.... my concern is also the stamina.

So the problem is the use of the word "bladed" instead of "edged"? =)

I know that it would technically be more accurate but it seems a bit less common use...

ok but each description states "Harvest 10% more resources from animals using any bladed tool or weapon." so what bladed tools other then Axe? I have actually skinned and hunted most of my life and a sharp axe is as good as anything.

...the number one complaint of the alpha, and you don't believe in it?

Lol there have been so many different people whining on in here over the past few weeks with their complaints, it's difficult to say that that one is the number one.

But no, I don't have problems with it. Maybe people have difficulties adjusting to a new way of playing. Since i hadn't played the game for 10 months I'm probably not stuck in an a16-way of playing. Just thinking out loud here.

- - - Updated - - -

he said he doesnt have that issue... he is hiding at bedrock trying to figure out how to spam craft stone axes so he can max level...

j/k of course... but we love ya DaVegaNL :)

but serious note tho.... my concern is also the stamina.

Nah I'm of the opinion that rocks are beautiful on their own, and don't need a stick and some grass fibers to make them look pretty ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Or something like that. ;)

Are you calling me fat?!?

Lol there have been so many different people whining on in here over the past few months with their complaints, it's difficult to say that that one is the number one.

But no, I don't have problems with it. Maybe people have difficulties adjusting to a new way of playing. Since i hadn't played the game for 10 months I'm probably not stuck in an a16-way of playing. Just thinking out loud here.

Have to agree with you. Stamina is not an issue for me either. Obviously I have to manage it for a few days but then after spending a few perks, I rarely think about it again. Seems realistic and is just my experience thus far.

ok but each description states "Harvest 10% more resources from animals using any bladed tool or weapon." so what bladed tools other then Axe? I have actually skinned and hunted most of my life and a sharp axe is as good as anything.

So the problem is that you think that the description is accurate?

I'm just trying to identify the problem.

So the problem is that you think that the description is accurate?

I'm just trying to identify the problem.

No. so here is my take on this having real life experience...

1. Since the game allows me to harvest animals with Stone Axe, fireaxe, Shiv, knife, machete, then all of them should be treated as such and have the perk applied.

2. Now IRL a stone axe would not harvest as clean but I could still get similar cuts of meat and historically a stone edge was used to skin. So some tools are better then others. so I would like what you define as a edge tool to be consistent.

back to Identifying the problem: All items that can be used to harvest outside of the perk should be affected by the perk. if that is not the TFP direction then you need to re-define what is an edge/blade tool and probably reclass the stone axe as part of that.

many players in the game since A17 first game out have assumed that the fireaxe was included in the Huntsman perk and from what I can tell it is not.

I was at the pub last night and that this would have been a great conversation to be had over a pint or three of smithwicks :)

many players in the game since A17 first game out have assumed that the fireaxe was included in the Huntsman perk and from what I can tell it is not.

Well, that's an entirely different kind of issue. Words are important. ;)

Axes were and are included. I don't see why it should not work.

I'd say Knives or Machettes. Those have blades. I never thought of an axe having a blade. The word Edge comes to mind much easier. I say they should change bladed to edged and include axes imo.

I hope that it will be made so the Stamina will be 100 instead of 99 when overfed. Drives me nuts that you can't get 100 stamina. :tongue-new:

I think they’re working on making it so it will say what it actually is up to 150% and your max will stay glued to the right until it dips below 100%. At any rate, making it apparent that food and water can exceed the end of the bar is one of their tasks.

So annoying when you die because of a zombie and you immediately start bleeding when you come alive again. Happened to me a few times now...

And a weird thing happened just now... 1 zombie on the floor, 3 behind the homecinema screen breaking out... all 4 coming towards me. I shot 1 of them with the crossbow, not even lethal as far as I could tell, yet all 4 of them die and drop in slowmotion to the floor. 1 of them dropped a yellow backpack.

I think it would be simple like if you go out of your landclaim area they attack the base structures and storage(and ultimately the land claim) .If you go into a landclaim area they attack players. I think this could be fun and simple even for MP like the 7 day hordes are tied to each player. If everybody lives in the same area there are that many more zombies that spawn to wreck ♥♥♥♥. If one players dead and claim destroyed the zombies could go after the next closest one. I feel this would make an amazing 7 day horde event and true tower defense. No running and hiding on horde night unless you don't care about all your supplies getting destroyed along with leaving your friends to die against that many more zombies ;) .

so, put down your landclaim, surround it with traps, keep your storage boxes out or in edge of lcb area and you are fine :)

idea is good, but how to get it work properly? in previous games i had 2 bases, one with bed, other with lcb and away from eachother at least 200 blocks. one used for horde defense, other for everyday living. with your idea, it could be that you stay in bed protected area, let most of z's die in traps around lcb and you may be lucky not to see any z at horde night. so i guess, horde must target player first. and for mp servers, z should not attack lcb area of player offline. otherwise some bases will be destroyed without chance to protect it. i know, logging out is always option for those, who do not want face the bm horde, but you can not make game to please everyone.

Dramatic much?

I never have problems with my stamina. Don't know what you're doing, but you're probably doing it wrong

i have problems with stamina until lvl 120 or so. i made for me armyboots with 60% stamina regain while running. just to try out xml options. i ever heard about xml files less than year ago, when started play 7d2d. and first time altered any in a17e. but i must say, having infinite running ability is not much fun. i prolly turn it down to 10% extra styam gain , while running.

my point is: if you want easy win game, you can do it for you, but you miss the fun of hard gameplay. i'm not as hardcore as Jax, but there must be some challenge.

for Omega-Factor, take your omega and other good health pills, make game to suit your needs and stop being so bitter. if me, completly dumb in IT and computing, can adjust xml files, then everyone can. just read the forums and you get good advice :)

edit: sorry Omega-Factor, i should not point to you. here is a lot more players, who want game being bit different. my post is adressed to all of them.

peace :)

I will try again, I was sure my Machete was harvesting more from a boar then my Firexaxe - both T5 but that should not matter

You're mixing some things there.

If a fireaxe + perk harvests more than fireaxe without perk then the perk is working.

I think they’re working on making it so it will say what it actually is up to 150% and your max will stay glued to the right until it dips below 100%. At any rate, making it apparent that food and water can exceed the end of the bar is one of their tasks.

this is good. because there is no indication of what the MAX is. I don't know if I can wolf down 20 Meat Stew and know I did not waste any or not.

also I am good with 99% I figured it meant I am now below 100% :)

overall Stamina is a bit rough at the start - mostly because you have to figure out that balance between food/water levels and constantly applying bandages to keep that max HP up. a bit more refinement and feedback on what is actually needed would be nice.

IRL you are Thirsty or your are hungry or you are both. and the indications are clear and the remedy is pretty clear. I fear for most new players the game is not as clear as life :)

You're mixing some things there.

If a fireaxe + perk harvests more than fireaxe without perk then the perk is working.

I am French/Irish and an Engineer/Comp Sci. guy so I sometimes talk with the assumption you all know what I am saying and I think (sometimes) in French so that does not always help.

To clarify:

1. I have "The Huntsman" perk 1/5.

2. using a T5 Fireaxe (Iron) on one boar provides X meat/hides

3. using a T5 machete on another boar provides X+Y more meat/hides

so my take is that the Fireaxe does not yield same/similar as the machete. I tried this in Gracie house with all the boars.

Does that help?

1. I have "The Huntsman" perk 1/5.

2. using a T5 Fireaxe (Iron) on one boar provides X meat/hides

3. using a T5 machete on another boar provides X+Y more meat/hides

so my take is that the Fireaxe does not yield same/similar as the machete. I tried this in Gracie house with all the boars.

Why should a fireaxe yield the same amount of meat as a machete? Try using those two tools IRL and you will come to a conclusion, that it's much, much harder to use an axe to butcher an animals carcass than using a machete if you want to get good slices of usable meat. It's common sense that a tool similar to a knife will yield more meat than something, that's meant for chopping through wood, more meat goes to waste with fireaxe than the more suited tool for the job, which in this situation is a machete.

And even if we don't look at common sense, logic or analogy IRL, they have to balance the game weapons, so that they perform differently, because what's the point of having a knife, machete and a fireaxe in the game if they will perform equally? They need to have different stats from a gameplay perspective above all else, otherwise the diversity is meaningless if the stats are the same or very similar.

P.S. Since I've seen quite a few Gordon Ramsay shows, I can add to that it's not only based on what tool you use, but the technique you use to cut the meat. If you don't know what the heck you are doing, you will produce more waste and less usable product than if you have a bit or more experience in cutting meat into usable portions.

Archived