Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Is there a way to make the old vehicle steering controls the default. The mouse steering is just not nearly as good

No setting for that. You can click left mouse button (maybe the right one) to switch to A D steering. The was for testing, so may have to click twice, since sometime the click is not registered. Needs more work.

I have a strange experience with game, all are saying zed becomes more aggressive and AI is better and stuff, in short game become difficult. But before a17, I was able to kill only 10-20 zed on day one, this time I kill 45, I am about 1 day and 5 hrs and already register 60+ kills, clear only 2-3 poi. Are you guys sure it become harder ? Yes they are more natural and they are everywhere now, and I found them a lot as compare to a16, but certainly not hard to kill. As all streamer were saying. Maybe because b194 and b197 has difference ?

Don't wanna post a bug report if this is working as intended so I'll ask here. Are weapons not supposed to get increased stats other than durability as they increase in quality? For example, I found a lv 1 shotgun and the trader had a lv 5 shotgun but when looking at the stats the only thing that increased for the level 5 was durability. Is this intended? If not I guess I'll submit a bug report if nobody else has.

Agreed, I had a wandering horde spawn at night and I puckered up and didn't breath. They didn't touch my POI base... Morning came and took them out one at a time with my iron club. Living this! Thanks MM and crew!

I stay stealthed in my base at night. Normal walking make a sound every second or so.

No setting for that. You can click left mouse button (maybe the right one) to switch to A D steering. The was for testing, so may have to click twice, since sometime the click is not registered. Needs more work.

Thanks I was wondering why I had to fight with it to go back to normal -- I will try double click. The old way should be default though ;)

Hold down shift I believe. Then the mouse becomes look and you steer with wasd. It might also be holding down one of the mouse buttons. At any rate you hold something down and mouse shifts from steering to looking like before. I can’t check atm.

Of course that doesn’t make it default like you were asking.

L or R mouse button. Can't remember which, since I never use it.

The shift key is turbo.

Don't wanna post a bug report if this is working as intended so I'll ask here. Are weapons not supposed to get increased stats other than durability as they increase in quality? For example, I found a lv 1 shotgun and the trader had a lv 5 shotgun but when looking at the stats the only thing that increased for the level 5 was durability. Is this intended? If not I guess I'll submit a bug report if nobody else has.

It is intended. The other thing comes with level is modding capabilities, with more level you can modify weapon with more attachments.

If stealth is broken at the moment, does the "Hidden strike" perk not work?

Stealth works. I hooked it all up and tested a while ago, but little time has been spent tweaking it.

Some stealth changes coming in the next update:

Fixed projectile hits not setting Other, so sneak bonus was not applied.

Fixed perkHiddenStrike doing an extra 100 percent EntityDamage.

Added moonlight to and adjusted sunlight in stealth calculation.

Decreased player noise distance by 8%.

It appears you can't shoot through to another POI volume until you enter it. I could see a zombie head poking out around a corner. I tried multiple angles to shoot him and it didn't work until I was litterally right in front of him/passing the threshold of the room. Is this a bug or something related to volumes being seperate. It's worth noting, as soon as I passed the threshold it automatically woke up 2 other zombies (making me think it is a volume issue).

When zombies spawn in a volume, they are normal sleeping zombies in passive sleeper mode. Passive mode switches to normal sleeper when they take damage or you enter the POI. I would guess that your attacks missed.

now, when i have some hours in, i must say, i like it a lot :) my fps did not drop. but i experienced some strange lag few times when middle of fight z magically froze for moment and then was kissing me. did not encounter many bugs. few i noticed are already known, like tree sometimes stay visually standing after chopping it down.

but still, loot is not as good as i was hoping when z drops bag. got 2 beers after killing 40+ zombies. i may change % from 2 to 3.

also bleeding seems happen too easy and drains you too fast. same with infection, it looks like every second hit gives you infection.

other than that, so far so good. thank you TFP for awesome game :)

It took forever to get our dedicated server running, but ma'am we'r had a blast today. A day 3 wandering horse of about 20 dogs visited us to remind us to use stealth.

I lost the first ever zombie loot drop to them because it vanished before I could get it. Maybe that could have a hit longer time before they vanish?

...and OMG, seeing the moonlight though the trees casting tree shadows on the building next to us was just stunning!

6m isn't enough. When moving, the spawn ends up beside you. Hell, 15m is probably not enough.

In my testing was not an issue. They spawn fast. Takes about 1-2 seconds and volumes are generally big enough that there are multiple spots to spawn where they are not seen.

In my testing was not an issue. They spawn fast. Takes about 1-2 seconds and volumes are generally big enough that there are multiple spots to spawn where they are not seen.

You were probably being cautious, moving slowly. Do the math; you can cover a lot of blocks in 1-2 seconds; oh, and the volume issue is definitely an issue... Smaller pois with fewer volumes create teleporting zombie spawns in closed off rooms if you exit and return.

Look, not saying the sleeper changes weren't improvements, I'm saying there's still work to be done, which I assume you already know, and that the old issues (teleporting sleepers, pop in sleepers) still exist, in certain, but common, situations.

"Thank you for your posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting." Really? Well. Check this out:

70768439099641262900.png

I need to add more:

1. Food poisoning. You eat can food, you get 5% of food poisoning. WHAT? This is dumb change.

2. When you start the game on normal difficulty level you have to shoot 8-12 arrows IN THE HEAD OF A ZOMBIE to kill it. Wow. I think we will need 3 nukes to kill 1 zombie in alpha 38.

3. When you hit bedside lamp at night It lights up for 0,3 sec... I don't think testers played this game for more than 20 minutes.

4. Looting zombies. "Guys we have problems with optimizing the game, I think we have enough experience to optimize the game, lets remove looting from zombies so performance is improved." < XD. This games runs like ******* anyway.

5. Let's make our game realistic!! > Zombie randomly droping a bag?

6. You will never know that electric components exists untill you type it in a search bar. There is no icon to search for such items. If you are new to the game... Good luck.

I know I will sound ignorant but this is the way I feel. If you don't like it, it's ok just try to understand me... I KNOW THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL ALPHA but still... This game is in develop for over 5 years (I'm not sure if I'm right) and It still feels like the worst optimized game EVER created. Seriously... No matter how much you disagree with me, If there will be an award "Worst otpimized game EVER created" you are going to win this award. There is something in 7 days to die making me ignore that optimalization but with every update it gets worse! If people can't play this game in stable 30 FPS having PC worth 5k$+ then this game is a joke. You add new stuff, you change game engine, you improve lightning, you change zombie AI, you make more vehicles but you still can't optimize the game.

You can optimize all day long, but that doesn't mean it will stay that way. Rewritten systems have to be optimized again. New systems have to be optimized in the first place. If you were to play all the development versions of some big AAA game, you would see the same problems, but you don't because all you experience is the final optimized product.

I've watched a lot of streamers play the game since Friday and it seems to working for them. What are your PC specs?

When zombies spawn in a volume, they are normal sleeping zombies in passive sleeper mode. Passive mode switches to normal sleeper when they take damage or you enter the POI. I would guess that your attacks missed.

I'm thinking my attacks were clipping an invisible portion of the threshold's block. I was able to pull out an arrow that appeared to be just before the zombies head like they were floating. I was thinking it was a "protected sleeper" because I hadn't entered the volume yet.

Stealth works. I hooked it all up and tested a while ago, but little time has been spent tweaking it.

Some stealth changes coming in the next update:

Fixed projectile hits not setting Other, so sneak bonus was not applied.

Fixed perkHiddenStrike doing an extra 100 percent EntityDamage.

Added moonlight to and adjusted sunlight in stealth calculation.

Decreased player noise distance by 8%.

That's amazing, thank you and all the devs and testers for your hard work. With you guys working on this non stop like this, it'll be stable in no time:triumphant:

Archived