Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

You were probably being cautious, moving slowly. Do the math; you can cover a lot of blocks in 1-2 seconds; oh, and the volume issue is definitely an issue... Smaller pois with fewer volumes create teleporting zombie spawns in closed off rooms if you exit and return.

Look, not saying the sleeper changes weren't improvements, I'm saying there's still work to be done, which I assume you already know, and that the old issues (teleporting sleepers, pop in sleepers) still exist, in certain, but common, situations.

and even in the open camp prefabs, have had it myself where i'll go in back up out killing them, go back and they are more zombie spawns where I just was, and this repeats up to 4 times I have had anyway. That said haven't had any issues with spawns in houses.

Also, just had a bug where I craft clothing (already have some worn) and says its made but nothing in my bag while consuming the resources, and even if I try to remove it from myself it just comes back on me even if I salvage it.

edit: what it looks like on me

https://prnt.sc/lkzd4z

That's amazing, thank you and all the devs and testers for your hard work. With you guys working on this non stop like this, it'll be stable in no time:triumphant:

"With you guys working on this non stop like this, it'll be stable in no time :triumphant:"

Please don't troll. They will think you are for real, and they will be proud of themselves and next update will come out in 2020 with GREAT changes such as: new rocks, new sounds, new perks (AGAIN), new stealth system and new stamina system etc. Of course they will add something different so it looks like they are doing something. New wood textures for example. :)

You were probably being cautious, moving slowly. Do the math; you can cover a lot of blocks in 1-2 seconds; oh, and the volume issue is definitely an issue... Smaller pois with fewer volumes create teleporting zombie spawns in closed off rooms if you exit and return.

Look, not saying the sleeper changes weren't improvements, I'm saying there's still work to be done, which I assume you already know, and that the old issues (teleporting sleepers, pop in sleepers) still exist, in certain, but common, situations.

I've run through POIs before and not seen any spawning, because it looks for hidden spots and if none it then picks farthest spots. Now on rooftops, you can sometimes get on top quickly or drop down in a gyro and see spawn in, but that is going to happen. POI designers are not happy when their mobs don't spawn. There are also some POIs where the design had all spawn points visible and they will appear in front of you. There was a font porch doing that. Those need to be adjusted to have hidden spots if possible.

More distance would be nice, but the farther they spawn, the more extra zombies are around causing FPS loss. Server lag could also be an issue, since they spawn on server and latency may delay the spawn long enough to see on client. Improved zombie performance would help, but that will take time.

I've run through POIs before and not seen any spawning, because it looks for hidden spots and if none it then picks farthest spots. Now on rooftops, you can sometimes get on top quickly or drop down in a gyro and see spawn in, but that is going to happen. POI designers are not happy when their mobs don't spawn. There are also some POIs where the design had all spawn points visible and they will appear in front of you. There was a font porch doing that. Those need to be adjusted to have hidden spots if possible.

More distance would be nice, but the farther they spawn, the more extra zombies are around causing FPS loss. Server lag could also be an issue, since they spawn on server and latency may delay the spawn long enough to see on client. Improved zombie performance would help, but that will take time.

Improved performance never happend in 7 days to die before. Don't give any hope to your community anymore.

"With you guys working on this non stop like this, it'll be stable in no time :triumphant:"

Please don't troll. They will think you are for real, and they will be proud of themselves and next update will come out in 2020 with GREAT changes such as: new rocks, new sounds, new perks (AGAIN), new stealth system and new stamina system etc. Of course they will add something different so it looks like they are doing something. New wood textures for example. :)

Dude, I think you need to relax a little. Your criticism can be agreed or disagreed with, but it could certainly use a better tone. You come across like you're flipping out behind your screen, pulling your hair out of your head. You start out saying you like a lot of things about the update then suddenly it all devolves into an angry rant. Just make an ordered list of the pros and cons of the update in a calmer tone and your opinions will actually receive attention.

Old base designs might not work. Two rows of spikes isn't enough. Make a guard tower with a walk way to your main base so you only have to spike the small tower. Leave no path to you and have coffee on your belt to make a run for it if they get to you.

MM, you are the man! You just gave me an awesome idea for a super quick, makeshift base for horde night (currently on night 4). Less time/resources building and a crap ton of time scavanging/laying traps. I hope it works... If not I'll just die and regroup

Dude, I think you need to relax a little. Your criticism can be agreed or disagreed with, but it could certainly use a better tone. You come across like you're flipping out behind your screen, pulling your hair out of your head. You start out saying you like a lot of things about the update then suddenly it all devolves into an angry rant. Just make an ordered list of the pros and cons of the update in a calmer tone and your opinions will actually receive attention.

You seem like a great guy rodaku but I can't agree with you. Many people stated things to improve in the first place nicer and they were ignored. That's enough of nice talking. They need to improve performance NOW.

and even in the open camp prefabs, have had it myself where i'll go in back up out killing them, go back and they are more zombie spawns where I just was, and this repeats up to 4 times I have had anyway. That said haven't had any issues with spawns in houses.

Also, just had a bug where I craft clothing (already have some worn) and says its made but nothing in my bag while consuming the resources, and even if I try to remove it from myself it just comes back on me even if I salvage it.

edit: what it looks like on me

https://prnt.sc/lkzd4z

You are probably just getting hit with the 30 second volume despawn, then the remaining zombies respawn at new positions. They are not new zombies, just old ones moving around. Then again you have to be 30m away from the volume for that to happen, which is pretty far. I'll see if I get this in my own play throughs.

I seriously started typing something up for this guy, but erased it because it's not worth my time. He's just raging because he can't handle change. For his sake, I hope he's drunk and regrets what he posted in the morning. Pay him no more attention. It's a waste of time.

Thanks homie.

...and flip, I can think for myself, so no need to patronize me like you did chiko.

We get it. You're unhappy.

You seem like a great guy rodaku but I can't agree with you. Many people stated things to improve in the first place nicer and they were ignored. That's enough of nice talking. They need to improve performance NOW.

I asked you a question. What are your PC specs? Instead you just complain. You need to post you specs NOW.

Can someone help me out with Linux Dedicated Server install?

Are the instructions the same?

I tried doing 7dtd.sh updateengine --experimental and it does download the new version (can tell by the serverconfig.xml file.

I tried running the server manually and also via instances with no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: Mad props to Sylen Thunder for helping me get it running! You are the man! :smile-new:

Curious; What was the command you ran? I am revisiting this after trying to find any info on how to install a dedicated server through steamCmd and not finding answers.

In my case I am running a Windows server. But my server line does not seem to be loading A17. I keep seem to be loading 16.4

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25414[/ATTACH]

Although I have been changing up the command in an attempt to get a different result, roughly, what I have been using is:

steamcmd +login STEAMLOGIN STEAMPASSWORD +force_install_dir ./steamapps/7_Days_To_Die +app_update 294420 -latest_experimental validate +quit

I am also starting with a blank folder to get a clean start. Am I shooting myself in the foot by using an "update" command rather than an install command?

Final question: Once loaded and or running, is there a way to tell which version you have without having to attempt to connect to it?

Any help is greatly appreciated

-Dino

447451124_wrongalpha.jpg.51723f34e146d58cf73b4ca92acfb224.jpg

thats the point of betas though, optimizations are rarely messed with in any AAA game till beta, the problem here is its a early access game that still in the alpha phase which is for adding/changing features all the while trying to optimize something that really wouldn't be messed with till later (and they are working on performance because mine is better in the current experimental).

I asked you a question. What are your PC specs? Instead you just complain. You need to post you specs NOW.

I can't see a single post with you asking me for my PC specs but I will answer.

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G

i7 8700k

64 GB Ram

That should be enough for you.

EDIT: i7 not i9. I want to buy i9 soon.

Actually you need to tone it down. Experimental is voluntary and does not represent the intended final version of A17. Its fine if you don’t have the temperament to handle playing an experimental version. Many people don’t. Just revert to A16 until the game is stable. Technically A17 hasn’t released yet but we are giving people a chance to play it early and report bugs. So we want your criticism but not the attitude or challenging developers as they respond to other people just to vent your own anger.

Actually you need to tone it down. Experimental is voluntary and does not represent the intended final version of A17. Its fine if you don’t have the temperament to handle playing an experimental version. Many people don’t. Just revert to A16 until the game is stable. Technically A17 hasn’t released yet but we are giving people a chance to play it early and report bugs. So we want your criticism but not the attitude or challenging developers as they respond to other people just to vent your own anger.

This is kind of answer I was hoping to get. You seem like a smart guy so why did you troll angry community? Forget about all bugs, just have in mind that community was angry. What were you thinking about making emojis in the headline? I'm not raging, this is a normal question without me being toxic.

EDIT: I will go to bed now. I will probably read your answer tomorow. Good night.

You are probably just getting hit with the 30 second volume despawn, then the remaining zombies respawn at new positions. They are not new zombies, just old ones moving around. Then again you have to be 30m away from the volume for that to happen, which is pretty far. I'll see if I get this in my own play throughs.

yeah im walking just outside the makeshift walls of the single trailer camp/fort and when I would got back in more zombies appear where the others were. same with the vultures in another antenna/tent camp, they appear 3 more times after killing the previous ones.

any idea on the armor crafting issue?

I can't see a single post with you asking me for my PC specs but I will answer.

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G

i7 8700k

64 GB Ram

That should be enough for you.

EDIT: i7 not i9. I want to buy i9 soon.

What I said to you on last page:

"You can optimize all day long, but that doesn't mean it will stay that way. Rewritten systems have to be optimized again. New systems have to be optimized in the first place. If you were to play all the development versions of some big AAA game, you would see the same problems, but you don't because all you experience is the final optimized product.

I've watched a lot of streamers play the game since Friday and it seems to working for them. What are your PC specs?"

I have a GTX 1060, Ryzen processor and 16GB of RAM. I generally get around 30 FPS. Down around 20 worse case, which is playable for me.

What are your average and low FPS values?

What video settings are you using?

Hey Faatal, any new build expected soon? I am not sure how experimental work, but I am assuming you guys are up to release a new build every thursday, so if error in build you fix on friday and then weekend we play new build? or will it remain 197 until you release final version ?

Hey Faatal, any new build expected soon? I am not sure how experimental work, but I am assuming you guys are up to release a new build every thursday, so if error in build you fix on friday and then weekend we play new build? or will it remain 197 until you release final version ?

We made a test build for 198 tonight, which testers and devs are looking at. Don't know if that will go public tomorrow or maybe a 199+ later.

Archived