Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Hmm I thought you had to have some previous 7d2d footage.

Regardless. It is buying advertising for basically free. The only cost is that possibly one or two randoms out there are both so addicted they can't wait 3 more days and so easily offended that not getting first access will make them quit. Manage to quit.

Madmole already got their money and I'm sure Roland would rather not deal with lunatics like that so it's a win all around.

I personally don't think I'll watch any videos simply because there isn't enough skill Gap in this game for me to be impressed by watching someone else.

I might watch a change list or how to video for info but that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

So any streamer post a YouTube video detailing new features like new zombie ai or how to's and I'll give it a click

I agree with you, most people on this forum (if not all) have played this game so much, they don't need instruction from anyone else.

And yeah, the forum would be easier to moderate without those people for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you know what youtube would be classified as?

Why are you commenting if my post was too long and you didn't read it?

Short attention span?

Streamers and Youtubers have already been "paid back" with the revenue they made from their content. This is the exact entitlement BS that made it easy for me to decide to not watch a single stream or YT. I'll wait to see the game myself. The elitist I am owed because I played your stuff thing is ignorant at best.

Entitlement? Because TFP offered some prominent YTers the opportunity to get the game a couple of days early? No one demanded anything, to the best of my knowledge. TFP know that the YTers and Twitch streamers can help generate hype for the game, and many of them have made content dedicated to the game, some pretty extensively. It's a "thank you" from the developers for the work these guys do to promote the product.

Nobody's acting "elitist" here except you. Jealousy does funny things to people.

Entitlement? Because TFP offered some prominent YTers the opportunity to get the game a couple of days early? No one demanded anything, to the best of my knowledge. TFP know that the YTers and Twitch streamers can help generate hype for the game, and many of them have made content dedicated to the game, some pretty extensively. It's a "thank you" from the developers for the work these guys do to promote the product.

Nobody's acting "elitist" here except you. Jealousy does funny things to people.

:star:

If you've never seen Capp0, you wouldn't understand. He will apologize to zombies sometimes and talks to the in almost a sweet manner lol. It is as if my grandma was playing (no offence if he sees this). Watch some of his videos if you don't believe lol. I'd say he is the most kid friendly... he's uploaded videos with him and his son too so he is obviously uploading things he doesn't mind if his son sees.

He is Canadian? xD

I would agree with some of the names being thrown out to watch. Would also like to add one.

Cap00 - EASILY rated 'G'. Especially in the context of 7DtD. Very informative and excellent builder.

Games4Kickz - Very fun and energetic. Says 'Ballz' a lot, but he developed this because he has a daughter and did not want to cuss. Also an excellent builder.

The new one I would like to add it:

Glock9 - Very clean and calculating. I have not noticed him having a bad mouth at all. Another excellent builder.

I love Glock9, he does great content...but he DOES drop the F-bomb and a few other expletives during his YT vids. Just an FYI. It's not a continuous stream of profanity, just the occasional peppering amidst the conversation. :-)

Just speculation, but I get the impression faatal meant the 100(plus showstopping bugs found in the experimental client) need to be fixed before the full release of A17 out of the experimental phase.

Yes, tasks flagged MF (must fix) is for A17 release, not experimental.

We also have a few short lists for specific experimental builds with the most critical problems.

I was poking around one of the tiny garages that are all over towns back in A14 or 15. A crawler sort of slithered off the top of a refrigerator and scared me so bad I threw my coffee cup and broke the mirror behind my monitor. The scariest moments in this game almost always involve only one zombie. I don't die a lot but when I do it's usually one zombie lady that somehow gets the drop stun on me and scares me so bad I somehow end up Alt-Tabbed out of the game and scrambling to get back in before I die.

This... this is Us, sometimes I get out of the house (IRL) and am passing something and I think, do I need to scrap that for leather ???? Is that a brass fixture?

@faatal - will you guys keep a running list of known bugs so we can check our own bugs before reporting them? I'm sure we all want to help as much as we can and reporting known bugs would just clutter the reports. Maybe a new thread with a similar first post to this one itemizing what is already known? You could also crowd control for repeat offenders that don't check the list first by banning them from posting... just a thought.

I don't know how bugs will be publicly handled yet. Internally we use JIRA for task tracking and it has a lot tasks, both current and old. Tasks are in a variety of states and many have pictures and videos.

There will be release notes today.

Because we're a family of regular people and not prudes. While I don't mind a topless zombie or some bloodshed I don't need people that say EFF THIS And EFF THAT and I also don't want a streamer that's going to talk about the sweet bong rip they just took. Not that Kage does any of that, he is pretty well behaved honestly. And to be realistic, twitch commenters can be pretty vulgar. This kid of mine, he plays single player pretty well and we talk about anything in game that might be adult themed that he has questions about. It's called parenting and requires some give and take and also realizing kids are exposed to all of this stuff on a regular basis especially when you're not watching. So do some of this stuff together to help them figure it out.

I can agree. People need to realize everyone has different morals. I try not to cuss due to my beliefs. When we first started playing A14/15, I cringed at the zombie strippers, since my son, who was maybe 14 at the time, might see that while playing.

I played about 4 hours SP last night. For real. First time since I've been working on A17. Yes, I have not done that before, because there are always 50 things to fix/change/add and I want to enjoy the total experience like the rest of you.

It went well. FPS could be better and had a wolf die standing up, but saw no other bugs and it was an enjoyable experience. It was tense, often confusing and I made many noob mistakes, but it was a good learning experience. Some of the descriptions have been improved today, so that should clear up some confusion.

Hopefully most of you will like it too. ;)

I played about 4 hours SP last night. For real. First time since I've been working on A17. Yes, I have not done that before, because there are always 50 things to fix/change/add and I want to enjoy the total experience like the rest of you.

It went well. FPS could be better and had a wolf die standing up, but saw no other bugs and it was an enjoyable experience. It was tense, often confusing and I made many noob mistakes, but it was a good learning experience. Some of the descriptions have been improved today, so that should clear up some confusion.

Hopefully most of you will like it too. ;)

Is the FPS worse than A16 or better?

Archived