Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

You know there are alcohol, strippers, strip clubs, decapitation and foul mouth traders in the game.

Just saying :D

He and I both turn off the volume when we enter the trader. He knows why we do it and understands that this is the only rule I have regarding 7 Days to Die. Some of those traders make me feel like a real jerk!

Because we're a family of regular people and not prudes. While I don't mind a topless zombie or some bloodshed I don't need people that say EFF THIS And EFF THAT and I also don't want a streamer that's going to talk about the sweet bong rip they just took. Not that Kage does any of that, he is pretty well behaved honestly. And to be realistic, twitch commenters can be pretty vulgar. This kid of mine, he plays single player pretty well and we talk about anything in game that might be adult themed that he has questions about. It's called parenting and requires some give and take and also realizing kids are exposed to all of this stuff on a regular basis especially when you're not watching. So do some of this stuff together to help them figure it out.

I agree but its really hard to to not cuss while playing a zombie game when it comes to jump scares..

I have read some of the YouTubers that were given special, early access to this experimental release (For the purpose of streaming) will NOT be live-streaming the game. But, will instead be waiting until later this weekend to release pre-recorded and edited videos. Personally, I want to see the current state of the game in all it's unedited and unfiltered glory. It seems to be an abuse of this "special" access and instead, is being used (By some) for the sole purpose of adding exclusive content to help their channels.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the whole point of this exclusive access for the purpose of STREAMING?

Just my two cents. No hate.

I have read some of the YouTubers that were given special, early access to this experimental release (For the purpose of streaming) will NOT be live-streaming the game. But, will instead be waiting until later this weekend to release pre-recorded and edited videos. Personally, I want to see the current state of the game in all it's unedited and unfiltered glory. It seems to be an abuse of this "special" access and instead, is being used (By some) for the sole purpose of adding exclusive content to help their channels.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the whole point of this exclusive access for the purpose of STREAMING?

Honestly I want to see the game for myself on monday Ive been waiting for this moment.

No, you are wrong. It has nothing to do with streaming. The purpose is PR and paying dedicated content creators back for the time they spent on 7d2d.

Ya know I almost agreed with you, but then I remembered that the purpose of the event was to draw new players to the game, not necessarily JUST for those 3 days...

...so I'm going to use Kage as an example... 200k followers, but let's say he ONLY youtubes, and doesn't release his video until Monday... that's still 200k (minus current players) who would not ordinarily see alpha 17.

No, you are wrong. It has nothing to do with streaming. The purpose is PR and paying dedicated content creators back for the time they spent on 7d2d.

Then why are they being called the "Stream Team" and "Streamers" and the "Streaming Event"? :noidea:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?84850-Alpha-17-Stream-Event-Coming-Soon&p=868099&viewfull=1#post868099

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?84850-Alpha-17-Stream-Event-Coming-Soon&p=821605&viewfull=1#post821605

Streamers and Youtubers have already been "paid back" with the revenue they made from their content. This is the exact entitlement BS that made it easy for me to decide to not watch a single stream or YT. I'll wait to see the game myself. The elitist I am owed because I played your stuff thing is ignorant at best.

I agree but its really hard to to not cuss while playing a zombie game when it comes to jump scares..

well, i dunno about you... but the as is so far.. the only profane words i've spoken were aimed at friends. 7 Days hasnt had a very strong jump scare.. a bit more with sleepers, but really only the sleeper dogs and when im at VERY early game.

I'd like to watch a stream or three with my kid tonight. Can anyone recommend a streamer that doesn't use profanities, sexual innuendo, and drug jokes? Please let me know here or send me a PM if you know of a good one.

Thanks!

I highly recommend Games4kickz. Very informative, energetic and always laughing.

But I think that the purpose of the event is publicity for the game. It does not matter for TFP whether it is though twitch or youtube, streaming or video uploading..

I was poking around one of the tiny garages that are all over towns back in A14 or 15. A crawler sort of slithered off the top of a refrigerator and scared me so bad I threw my coffee cup and broke the mirror behind my monitor. The scariest moments in this game almost always involve only one zombie. I don't die a lot but when I do it's usually one zombie lady that somehow gets the drop stun on me and scares me so bad I somehow end up Alt-Tabbed out of the game and scrambling to get back in before I die.

Then why are they being called the "Stream Team" and "Streamers" and the "Streaming Event"? :noidea:

Why are you called a Ranger in this forum? :smile-new:

"Streamer" is an established name for their job/hobby/addiction. So is "bookkeeper" even if he gives you a book

Oh, and technically videos you watch on youtube are still streamed to your PC, not downloaded.

Streamers and Youtubers have already been "paid back" with the revenue they made from their content. This is the exact entitlement BS that made it easy for me to decide to not watch a single stream or YT. I'll wait to see the game myself. The elitist I am owed because I played your stuff thing is ignorant at best.

What other things are you planning on not doing? I'll give my list: I won't be flossing my cat's teeth. I won't be covering myself in honey and laying on an ant hill. I won't be taking a shower holding a plugged in radio. I won't be running a marathon. I won't be.... how many things I won't be doing do I need to post? I never realized it was important to let people know what I won't be doing so I'm new to all of this.

cnconrad described it a little misleading. The exclusivity isn't a pay back for past performance, it is payment for doing streams on this weekend, now! Result is that even streamers who never showed 7days before will participate. Why? Because of exlusive access.

I would agree with some of the names being thrown out to watch. Would also like to add one.

Cap00 - EASILY rated 'G'. Especially in the context of 7DtD. Very informative and excellent builder.

Games4Kickz - Very fun and energetic. Says 'Ballz' a lot, but he developed this because he has a daughter and did not want to cuss. Also an excellent builder.

The new one I would like to add it:

Glock9 - Very clean and calculating. I have not noticed him having a bad mouth at all. Another excellent builder.

That's nice. Clearly out of touch with how the world works. But good for you. 👍

I doubt it was the streamers demanding it tbh. I think you have that the wrong way round. Why do you think they ask for minimum of 5k followers? TFP want the streamers to play and stream their game. The way I look at, they are really meant to entice new players. The streaming isn't meant for you or current players so I doubt they care if you watch or not. You already bought the game. Yes, they are informative for current players but they're meant as marketing tools.

Now me, I will watch a little of MM and PokketNinja's stream and a little of the testers stream but not too much because I don't want to spoil it for myself.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically, YouTube is streaming... It's just not live streaming.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

What other things are you planning on not doing? I'll give my list: I won't be flossing my cat's teeth. I won't be covering myself in honey and laying on an ant hill. I won't be taking a shower holding a plugged in radio. I won't be running a marathon. I won't be.... how many things I won't be doing do I need to post? I never realized it was important to let people know what I won't be doing so I'm new to all of this.

This made me laugh.... lol'ing rofl'ing all over the place

cnconrad described it a little misleading. The exclusivity isn't a pay back for past performance, it is payment for doing streams on this weekend, now! Result is that even streamers who never showed 7days before will participate. Why? Because of exlusive access.

Hmm I thought you had to have some previous 7d2d footage.

Regardless. It is buying advertising for basically free. The only cost is that possibly one or two randoms out there are both so addicted they can't wait 3 more days and so easily offended that not getting first access will make them quit. Manage to quit.

Madmole already got their money and I'm sure Roland would rather not deal with lunatics like that so it's a win all around.

I personally don't think I'll watch any videos simply because there isn't enough skill Gap in this game for me to be impressed by watching someone else.

I might watch a change list or how to video for info but that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

So any streamer post a YouTube video detailing new features like new zombie ai or how to's and I'll give it a click

I would agree with some of the names being thrown out to watch. Would also like to add one.

Cap00 - EASILY rated 'G'. Especially in the context of 7DtD. Very informative and excellent builder.

Games4Kickz - Very fun and energetic. Says 'Ballz' a lot, but he developed this because he has a daughter and did not want to cuss. Also an excellent builder.

The new one I would like to add it:

Glock9 - Very clean and calculating. I have not noticed him having a bad mouth at all. Another excellent builder.

You named most of my favorites. JC Channel goes above and beyond, check out his last one, no 7D2D stream is more involved! :)

Edit: It's titled: The Firestorm Protocol. :)

Cappo is the Mister Rogers of the streams IMO. Very pleasant guy.

Archived