Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Just an update friends:

Rick is putting the final touches on the patch notes and then he will post them here in the forum..should be within the next hour or two.

Testers are testing the release candidate and then if all goes well the streamers will get access to the build and can start streaming as they get up and running. 7pm CST was the time the devs gave themselves to get the build out but if they can do it earlier they will. 7pm CST is in about 4 hours from now so we are definitely close.

If you are excited about the patch notes its time to start abusing your F5 button: a good warmup for Monday's F5 festival.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about streamers and has no plans to watch other people play? Where is the fun in spending the weekend watching other people learn and experience the new content and ruining that experience for myself? I only have weekends available to play, so I'll just wait till next weekend and enjoy the experience of playing the new features without having watched others doing it.

So.. you are OK with your children playing a game that depicts mass amount of killing and bloodshed, but the odd "f" bomb isn't OK? Or a partially nude zombie? I would never let my child play a game like this until they were at least 16. It's a game made by adults for adults. It's not a kids game.

Yes. I've never cared about war violence in the context of defending yourself. These are not living people and they are trying to kill you. As in real life, if you shoot or stab a person or animal, blood comes out, but you won't hear me screaming profanities in the process.

What games and at what ages someone allows their child to play is their decision.

Just an update friends:

Rick is putting the final touches on the patch notes and then he will post them here in the forum..should be within the next hour or two.

Testers are testing the release candidate and then if all goes well the streamers will get access to the build and can start streaming as they get up and running. 7pm CST was the time the devs gave themselves to get the build out but if they can do it earlier they will. 7pm CST is in about 4 hours from now so we are definitely close.

If you are excited about the patch notes its time to start abusing your F5 button: a good warmup for Monday's F5 festival.

Sweet! Im looking forward to them :)

Am I the only one who doesn't care about streamers and has no plans to watch other people play? Where is the fun in spending the weekend watching other people learn and experience the new content and ruining that experience for myself? I only have weekends available to play, so I'll just wait till next weekend and enjoy the experience of playing the new features without having watched others doing it.

I normally don't watch streamers either, since I want be be surprised and figure it out myself, but in this case, I'll do some watching.

" Quote Originally Posted by Blackgryphon View Post

You mean the function that has been around for over a year thanks to Coppi's Mod? You guys add a ton of things into the game from modders, which is awesome since we all want to see those things in the game officially anyways. Just wondering, do you ever give them credit? I am not on the forums enough to notice either way."

The feature was locked away in the dll's for many alphas, and coppi's wasn't the first mod to add it, so who would you credit?

Geez Guppy. How dare you shatter that poor guy's deluded ideas of where that feature came from! Let him be deluded!

Just an update friends:

Hey Roland,

Just wondering if the patch notes will contain absolutely everything because Fataal has mentioned some big and small things have been left unannounced. Or will somethings be withheld for future 17.x updates until the features are a bit more refined?

Hey Roland,

Just wondering if the patch notes will contain absolutely everything because Fataal has mentioned some big and small things have been left unannounced. Or will somethings be withheld for future 17.x updates until the features are a bit more refined?

They are the patch notes.

I'm not big on streamers either but it is what it is. The funniest part of this whole thing is all the people who were dying for videos, BEGGING for videos... and information for a year and a half now all suddenly want to "wait to experience it for themselves", LOL. Classic...

I normally don't watch streamers either, since I want be be surprised and figure it out myself, but in this case, I'll do some watching.

I just want to see the job you did on the ai and hopefully we can see a stilt base fall.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not big on streamers either but it is what it is. The funniest part of this whole thing is all the people who were dying for videos, BEGGING for vidoes... and information for a year and a half now all suddenly want to "wait to experience it for themselves", LOL. Classic...

It's easy to wait 3 days to see for yourself. Much harder to wait a year.

I'm not big on streamers either but it is what it is. The funniest part of this whole thing is all the people who were dying for videos, BEGGING for vidoes... and information for a year and a half now all suddenly want to "wait to experience it for themselves", LOL. Classic...

I have never asked for videos, I don't watch the ones that are posted. I will read the patch notes, but as far as gameplay, I always wait and experience it myself without watching videos or streamers first.

I think it would be nice to already have your own house when starting. Have the house simble so we know where it is and the house should be broken down and small and full of zombies so we have a reason to repair it and expand it. This way at least it can create a back story of why you start in the open. Zombies invaded over night and you ran. Simple

Players pretty much always spawn near an abandoned house at least in Nav.

Thanks

Players pretty much always spawn near an abandoned house at least in Nav.

Thanks MM et all for your hard work. I've been fairly silent during this development but I have been excited and antsy . Now Go Go Go! cheers dude. See around in the wasteland when I get the chance. :)

There is one type of base still safe, which I have not addressed yet...water.

There you go getting my hopes up...

Water won't affect me, I despise trying to swim in game and one time had water delete all the items I had stored so i don't build near water.

Man I won't know what to do if I actually have to start worrying about zombies. O.o

I was poking around one of the tiny garages that are all over towns back in A14 or 15. A crawler sort of slithered off the top of a refrigerator and scared me so bad I threw my coffee cup and broke the mirror behind my monitor. The scariest moments in this game almost always involve only one zombie. I don't die a lot but when I do it's usually one zombie lady that somehow gets the drop stun on me and scares me so bad I somehow end up Alt-Tabbed out of the game and scrambling to get back in before I die.

This made me LOL!

Best Madmole moment with Pokketninja:

Madmole: Go in the stadium.

Pokket: Why?

Madmole: Just go inside.

Then Pokket opens the door and this football player starts running after her.

That was priceless. I laughed so much! This was when the football player was first introduced... He's a football player, he runs!!! Hahaha!

Archived