Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

We were told that Naz was shrinking but the patch notes are saying: The Navezgane world grew from 16 square kilometers to 36 square kilometers in size and has been given a new terrain height overhaul.

What is up with that?

I don't remember anyone saying Nav was shrinking. It did grow. The big fuss was that Random Gen was shrinking.

I don't remember anyone saying Nav was shrinking. It did grow. The big fuss was that Random Gen was shrinking.

No you said that the map and random gen was shrinking. It was awhile back and a lot of people got upset about. But it's good that it did not happen.

We were told that Naz was shrinking but the patch notes are saying: The Navezgane world grew from 16 square kilometers to 36 square kilometers in size and has been given a new terrain height overhaul.

What is up with that?

I'm really not sure where you're getting that from, maybe the RNG changes? We were told months ago in one of the vids that Nave is getting bigger.

Best Madmole moment with Pokketninja:

Madmole: Go in the stadium.

Pokket: Why?

Madmole: Just go inside.

Then Pokket opens the door and this football player starts running after her.

That was priceless. I laughed so much! This was when the football player was first introduced... He's a football player, he runs!!! Hahaha!

LOL I remember that, so much fun.

But if a17 low Graphics looks like a16 high graphics then it's all good.

Arguably better. Really all you have to do is lower your res one notch. Like I used to play 2560 and now I play 1920. Looks way better. I loaded a16 to compare player run speeds and was like "what is this abomination?" lol. We have some big optimizations coming though.

What is up with that?

No its way bigger. I got lost in it. You will barely recognize it too the landscape is so much different now and the POIS.

Arguably better. Really all you have to do is lower your res one notch. Like I used to play 2560 and now I play 1920. Looks way better. I loaded a16 to compare player run speeds and was like "what is this abomination?" lol. We have some big optimizations coming though.

Uh Oh...

I've run out of lower settings already ... aaarghh!

Not complaining though. I just need to get a real PC FAST!!!

My poor Mac just isn't cut out for any kind of gaming tbh. :(

Thank you for your efforts mate and good luck for the Stream Weekend, I hope you have a cold one and a few laughs.

Have a great weekend mate.

Best Madmole moment with Pokketninja:

Madmole: Go in the stadium.

Pokket: Why?

Madmole: Just go inside.

Then Pokket opens the door and this football player starts running after her.

That was priceless. I laughed so much! This was when the football player was first introduced... He's a football player, he runs!!! Hahaha!

I'm hoping you got a link to that. :)

Madmole of all the new work...whats your favorite addition??

The perks, but I developed them so I could be biased. The POI revamp is amazing, the AI is amazing, mods are really cool. I think the overall thing I love now is how deep the mid and end game feels. In A16 I was feeling pretty end game by day 30 and was building a castle. Now everything is game staged so the game gets harder as you get better and dials back some if you die a lot. So the pacing really takes you by surprise and you are constantly getting too confident and it bites you in the ass. I made it to level 65 one game and even though I was pretty strong with all my perks, I was seeing harder zombies for the first time and it really is a cool experience. Like your hacking through the easy ones like nothing, then you see a few ferals and its game changing.

It feels so much more like the walking dead where people rarely die from one walker but you can get surrounded if you aren't careful and thats when things get nasty. Its so intense now. There is always a really cool perk you want, another mod you want.

It's really one of those situations though where the sum of the whole outshines any of its parts. The game feels all new, like a sequel really. There is so much stuff to do now, quests are a sleeper hit too. I wasn't sure how much I would like them but they are really a lot of fun and are actually a distraction from survival so be careful about doing too many. The rewards are nice too so you want to do them.

It really feels different though like early game to mid game to late, its a whole new feel. The team did an amazing job this build is the one.

Archived