Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

How many people plan on playing 7DTD 40 or more hours the first full week of release?

I myself will try to squeeze in 24hrs total the first weekend. I will easily get 36 or more hours the first full week.

50-60 (although 70 is possible). Full time job (no vacation) and band (which I am leaving. Partly for this...)

And I do plan on seriously 'testing' (and reporting) - not just 'playing'.

So I up'd my gamestages for hordebloodmoon ZombieSpawn to 150, MaxSpawn to 50 and Duration to 6. Does Duration mean I get 150 Zeds with 50 at a time every hour for 6 hours? If so, this is going to be fun!!

I believe that duration means how long until the next wave. You won’t get more than the 3 waves. If you kill a wave fast then you wait for the duration until the next one.

Also note that the zombies per player in the menu settings overrides the maxalive value. If max alive is 100 but your settings are 8 per player and you are alone you will only get 8 zeds at a time. 2 players will get you 16 and 3 will get 24 and so on but it will still be 3 waves only and the faster you kill them the faster you will run out of zombies before the night is done.

Then again... Grinding is life...

True... But then again, life isnt always fun.

A game really needs to be.

It's not like it's essentiel stuff by any means.

It's entertainment, timewasting, a way to uncouple...

Grinding in a game can be fun and add to the immersion.

But grinding for the sake of grinding, is just busywork, which is bad game design.

Archived