Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Are you two actually this dense? He was talking about the AMOUNT of work. You know that was what the 75% comment was about just as much as I do. Was it EXACTLY 75% of a sequel. Of course not but MM is allowed to assume he is talking to adults capable of reading comprehension on 1st grade level.

So, by amount of work, u are saying they can get a sequel 75 percent completely done in a year? Hahahahahahaha.

Hahahahaha

One more time...hahhaha!

Yep. I am definitely not working on vehicle stuff right now.

But wait, if you are working on vehicle stuff, then what about AI stuff? Huh? Huh? Sheesh. Lol, but how's that working out? Does it mean AI is where you are happy with it for the moment to be moving onto some vehicle stuff, or did you just need a change of scenery for the time being? Hope things aren't kicking your butt too much.

I bounce around a lot and like it that way.

AI blood moon testing and fixing is next, but since yesterday when the testers started calling the 4x4 Christine, I decided I might want to fix exiting vehicles sometimes ragdolling you into the air and maybe killing you. Added a roof exit too, so if all 4 sides blocked you can exit above instead of inside the vehicle where physics then tosses you out.

Hilarious!

Kinda wish I could have seen that :)

AI blood moon testing and fixing is next, but since yesterday when the testers started calling the 4x4 Christine, I decided I might want to fix exiting vehicles sometimes ragdolling you into the air and maybe killing you. Added a roof exit too, so if all 4 sides blocked you can exit above instead of inside the vehicle where physics then tosses you out.

I dunno... That makes it seem kinda fun... I'd love to watch my buddy get all excited that he found a 4x4, hop in it, drive to us, then when he gets out, he gets sent flying and inevitably dies. Then again... My friends and I play very counter-productively with each other due to one of us being a massive troll (I.E. my friend who would hop in the 4x4)

Well there goes my GTA Zombie world dreams.

I was thinking it would be ironic for someone to escape a bloodmoon, by driving around in a 4x4, only to die upon exit.

I really hope you find a way to scare the hell out of escaping souls tryin to meet their destiny. Bigger fuel consumption, slower refueling for example.

I really hope you find a way to scare the hell out of escaping souls tryin to meet their destiny. Bigger fuel consumption, slower refueling for example.

Lol. I wanted to call fataal on the can of worms he may have opened but was hoping/praying it would slide...

You leave them bloodmoon donut spinning 4x4 jocky's alone!

boo

Angels are ghosts. You are welcome.

Angels are beings created by god. Demons are fallen angels. Ghosts are demons preying on the superstitions of humans and passing themselves off as spirits of the dead.

Unless it's a japanese anime in which case angels are japanese school girls, frankenstien is a vampire, werewolves are allergic to wooden bullets and elves look like hobbits someone streched out on a medevil torture rack and gave them bunny ears.

cough...cough...

The Floating Origin system. It works pretty well, but does cause the occasional bug since a lot of code has to know about it. Like last week I discovered the all zombies fell off the world bug the testers were occasionally seeing was from the origin changing and Entity physics thinking they all moved and shifting them back the opposite way, like below ground.

Is someone with an good understanding of this issue willing to explain it to me? Why the shaking? And please don't say b/c char is far from (0,0,0) - i got that. I want to know why is it shaking if it's far from that origin point. Also, how does the fix work? genuinely curious.

Why you always so sour Gnomaana?

Cheer up ;)

Well, salty and sour are closely related. If other people weren't so salty, Gnomaana might not be so sour.

Angels are ghosts. You are welcome.

Not hardly. Traditionally, angels always have been spiritual beings without physical form, whereas ghosts are the souls of formerly physical beings. We could put them all under the umbrella of "spirits." (Things are dull around here, so we have to find somebody to pounce on and make a big deal about their comments. :p )

Archived