Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Like I said, then call it Horde "Hour". Currently, when the zeds stop coming. There is literally not Zeds spawned in the game, period. You can run or drive around, go into un-looted POIs and encounter NO Zeds. So what, you "beat" "Horde Night" and suddenly the zombie apocalypse is temporarily suspended for 4 or 5 hours. I call bull***

I think I know whats wrong here

seen this before

when all waves are depleted there is a last stage which triclkes zeds to harass the player for the rest of the night

the problem is the max alive is 1 and if that 1 zed spawns somewhere in the dark and gets stuck you may not see it and think there are no more

I had 1 game where it spawned inside a building and had no idea it was there until it blew up the car in the garage.

my last horde night the second wave was spawning in the school across the street. killed them with the rocket launcher through the window

Like I said, then call it Horde "Hour". Currently, when the zeds stop coming. There is literally not Zeds spawned in the game, period. You can run or drive around, go into un-looted POIs and encounter NO Zeds. So what, you "beat" "Horde Night" and suddenly the zombie apocalypse is temporarily suspended for 4 or 5 hours. I call bull***

That is not in game, you likely have something broke in your game then.

You have something bugged out, that is not a game feature.

If I edit the xml, wil that corrupt my saved game files or will it just update them and run those saved files with the those changes? Thanks

no it will not affect your saves

all that file does is tell the game what to spawn during a horde

just back up the file before you edit it just in case you mess up

also these can only be edited while the game is fully closed as it needs to reload them each start

- - - Updated - - -

Well , I will tell you after day 600 , the 7 day hordes consist of Zombie Cops riding Zombie Bears and Vulture Swarms dropping THOSE into and around your base!

ya didnt know vultures were a thing on bloodmoon till I caught one in the face. scared the crap out me on account I was on the roof and thought the zeds cant reach me.

also could someone explain to me what exactly "going gold" means? Is gold Official release, nor more alpha, no more beta? Will the game have to be repurchased? Will all new content come as DLCs? will those cost money?

Yes, it means official release.

No, you won't have to re-buy the game.

Back in the days when software was usually delivered on CD, there would be two types of CD - write-once and re-writable. Write-once CDs were silver in colour and are the ones you normally see music on (or at least you used to). They're cheap, and they're mass-produced. The problem is that once they're written once they can't be changed.

Re-writeable CDs, on the other hand, were much more expensive; and were gold in colour rather than silver.

So it was common, when software was ready to be released, to first write it to a gold CD. This CD would be a byte-for-byte copy of the intended release version of the software, down to the installer and everything. Basically there is no difference between the gold CD version and the final release version.

This gold CD version then gets a last round of testing to ensure that there is nothing wrong with it and that it is acceptable to release as a finished product. If it's fine, the same CD image gets written to the silver release CDs. If there is a problem, the gold CD can be erased, a fixed version of the software (or its installer) produced, and that new version is written to the gold CD for a repeat of the final testing.

From this (very common) methodology came the phrase "going gold". When software goes gold, it means that it is being declared as the finished product, with no more changes intended to be made. It will still get some final testing done, and if any showstopper problems are found they'll be fixed, but assuming nothing new is found it is the version that will be released - with any existing problems being classed as "known issues" that may or may not be fixed in post-release patches.

Basically, the process is (usually):

• Development - the software is being written here, and is not yet usable.
  • Alpha Release - the software isn't finished, so it will still be having features added or changed, but it is working "enough" to be given to people to start testing. Usually alpha testing is internal to the company, but in the case of Early Access it is publicly available. However, the software is not expected to be feature-complete or stable, and will have many known issues. We are currently nearing the end of this phase with 7 Days to Die.
  • Beta Release - the software is now feature complete, but is likely to still include bugs and other issues. It's close enough to being finished that what is now being tested is (barring unforeseen circumstances) similar to what will be released once it has been bug-fixed. Beta testing is usually done in-house like Alpha testing, although often there will be a "public Beta" where customers will be given access to the software during this phase. Obviously, with Early Access titles, customers have already had the software since the Alpha phase. 7 Days to Die is approaching this phase, and there is talk that A17 might be the last alpha and the next major release might be the first beta.
  • Gold Release - as described above, this is when beta testing has finished and the developers are confident that they have fixed everything they need to fix. Whereas Alpha is expected to be unfinished and Beta is expected to be bugged, once the software "goes Gold" it is expected to be exactly what the finished product will be - and this is the last chance for testers to report bugs that might be big enough to delay release until they are fixed. There is talk that 7 Days to Die will probably reach this phase in 2019.
  • Final Release - This is the same as the gold release, and is the finished product. At least, it's the same as the last gold release (if something major was found in the first gold release then it might have needed fixing and a second gold release made).

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

It's pretty common for our MP servers to be on Day 3000+ ... we've had a few at 5000+ :)

Aircrafts, blimps, gyrocopters: they would make the gameworld much smaller (way quicker and safer to traverse).

That can also be a problem game-play wise. (next to technical difficulties updating the world)

Is can become from a fun activity to a dominant strategy that makes the game feel less intense than it should be.

Aircrafts, blimps, gyrocopters: they would make the gameworld much smaller (way quicker and safer to traverse).

That can also be a problem game-play wise. (next to technical difficulties updating the world)

Is can become from a fun activity to a dominant strategy that makes the game feel less intense than it should be.

See if your still saying that after the first zombie vulture explodes in your face, think about it, there they are happily circling around looking for a dead deer when they smell meat flying past. They charge straight for you but as soon as they get close the static electricity being generated by your rota ignites their decomp gases and you spend the rest of the day picking vulture bones out of your beard. How much more intense do you want it?

What they should do is on day 7 there should be a slowly ever growing series of hoards that go full blast on hoard night. So say around 8 or 9 am you may encounter a small hoard of scouts. say 3 to 5. Every in game hour that number goes up by 1 to 3 until the endless waves start at 22:00 and keep going until dawn. That way it's like a storm where you are first experiencing the edges and the actual hoard night is the center. Maybe on day 8 you also come across random strangling hoards every hour or so that get smaller until it hit's that 3 to 5 again by 7pm. That way you would go from edge to eye to tail.

Archived