1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Awww, and all you found was some kraken poop but no kraken... :D

Ewww thats alot of poop

- - - Updated - - -

Hey has anyone seen the story about telltale games closing down? Sorry if its already been posted. I guess theyre who was converting 7D2D to console. The articles are easy to find just google it

No guarantees. If you want a stable, long term game I'd advise that you wait until the experimental is over.

And even then don't be too shocked if something happens and you have to wipe between A17.x and A17.y. A severe enough bug could cause a wipe after any update. :)

i'm interested in finding out what the new consequences of dying are. on the server i play o i have died 4 times due to bugs. maybe once was a bad decision on my part. in a16 all you lose is 10 wellness and that is so easy to get back its almost a waste of time. there are guys on the server with 100+ deaths . there is no big deal to it. in fact its easier to die/kill yourself to fix an infection or a broken leg than to deal with the issue.

MM said there would be greater consequences for dying... wonder how many will charge into a zombie horde if there are longer term deficits to dying..

i'm interested in finding out what the new consequences of dying are. on the server i play o i have died 4 times due to bugs. maybe once was a bad decision on my part. in a16 all you lose is 10 wellness and that is so easy to get back its almost a waste of time. there are guys on the server with 100+ deaths . there is no big deal to it. in fact its easier to die/kill yourself to fix an infection or a broken leg than to deal with the issue.

MM said there would be greater consequences for dying... wonder how many will charge into a zombie horde if there are longer term deficits to dying..

Just play dead is dead like a man. The point of a survival game is to live as long as you can without dying.

@Roland / TFP

I have one question. Will it be possible to take the region files from A17-E to A17 without problems? Thank you.

A16E - A17 you mean?

I wouldn't count on keeping the region files as they have remastered the terrain and streamlined Biomes.

If they haven't messed with the generator and the way it uses the seed then things will be more or less the same.

I know it's best to just wipe it all and start again.

(BTW...I'm Looking forward to the "POI Editor" and "Terrain Editor" and hoping we can export a terrain/POI to edit and make prefabs to be inserted in game...)

Just play dead is dead like a man. The point of a survival game is to live as long as you can without dying.

I think you froget one thing.... It's Survival Horde Crafting Game.

For some players it's building simulator, or survival game, for others it's mix of both, so "dead is dead" is not an option for everyone.

I play in mixed style. I don't see any fun in pure survival, but mixing all aspects of game makes it fun.

.......You can complain and speculate all you want, but the fact is, you're just wasting your breath. Wait until it's here, play it, then complain about the problems a17 has.

From what I've seen of the screen shots, and the videos, the only complaints I really have are:

To be fair, you just told people not to make complaints about A17 until they have played it and then you immediately make complaints about A17. Think that is a little odd.

About the same odds as connecting your USB keyboard to a 1981 IBM PC. ;)

Funny thing - I think someone tried to use my playtime in Ark as an argument for... I'm not sure what? That I don't know 7DTD gameplay? Don't think I'll ever know what the point was. =P

Then again, my EQ playtime is way higher so something means less/more than something?

People are weird. That's all you need to know.

The point is... whatever you make it.

Your game, your rules.

Clearly it means your dinosaur game is weak and lacking, which directly impacts your ability to balance loot on a zombie corpse.

I dont get it man... so we can craft weapons now? I hope we get a metal press and new kind of oven to do tis... the clay stone oven would not be realistic at all... also i thought you would create the parts in that new oven and press. No they removed the gun parts... no backpacks or fishing... alpha 17 is going to disapoint im affraid

I dont get it man... so we can craft weapons now? I hope we get a metal press and new kind of oven to do tis... the clay stone oven would not be realistic at all... also i thought you would create the parts in that new oven and press. No they removed the gun parts... no backpacks or fishing... alpha 17 is going to disapoint im affraid

Now that is leaping to quite a tall conclusion in a single bound...

I feel sure that there will be plenty enough to enjoy in A17.

Didn't someone say the penalty would be to an attribute? So you can't just eat to get better, you would need to invest XP. If there's a minimum of the attribute and you are fine with playing at that minimum though there would be no difference to now.

I suspect the penalty for death will eventually depend on the difficulty setting(s). Ideally the penalty should be ignorable on the easiest setting and outright deadly on the hardest setting.

Hi. Second-time poster, long-time player. umm...Venting I suppose.

Really hoping A17e is close so we can start playing and do less denigrating or debating how to make more difficult those playstyles that don't necessarily match our own. I think most people try different playstyles along the way the more hours they play, along with self-imposed limitations on some equipment and such.

As a builder/renovator/miner/stealth-assassin-with-a-blade, I'd love if Z's could smell us again, and path to entrances and other areas we use a lot. That creates more challenging and interesting gameplay for everyone, but probably involves a secondary or more granular heat map.

Cries of 'realism' or 'how it should be played' don't serve to do much beyond dividing the fan base. I think all of us could think of why certain game elements are non-sensical, especially with an eye towards making someone else's playstyle less tenable because it doesn't fit what we think this game is.

How do we still have gasoline (6-12 month storage generally)? No scurvy, tick bites, radiation sickness, cold/flu/fever debuffs, air drops from who? Tires and other rubber-reliant parts not degrading in use or storage, etc. Eye damage from UV, no electrical sources for in-town/POI lights, etc.

Anyway, I'd love to see deeper or optional systems to make some things more rewarding/challenging, which mods may need to satisfy, and of course the actual game developers will have their own vision and timetable for things. It's early days yet in some regards.

Underground bases: make "digger" nodes. Wich represent zombies crawling though the ground (like the classic zombies who came from the grave)

They slowly home in on any active (operated) structure under the terrain layer, making a digging noise that the player can hear under ground.

Once they reach any walkable tunnel, they spawn in several zombies. Blocks get attacked directly.

The tunnels they make dont need to be actually dug out spaces (collapse behind them), to not get the gameworld turn into a swiss cheeze.

During horde night, those digger-nodes could speed up a lot.

The player can still try to actively catch them in a trap (force them to spawn by digging a hollow space towards them).

It does not require implementing fancy new mechanics for zombies to dig vertically then, once they hit a hollow space they spawn in a classic zombie entity.

Turning zombies off (like before horde night) is a game option. One could argue it's a play style but personally I don't see much play in there.

How about the mode to turn zombies down to very few, but then they are very fast and have high HP, tracking the player a lot further.

That would make the player feel threatened all the time, while not having as much of a visible danger.

They could then, if they loose the player, "remember" him. Walking towards the player slowly.

Archived