Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Bicycle! Bicycle! Bicycle!

I want to ride my Bicycle I want to ride my bike.

I want to ride my Bicycle I want to ride it where I like....

Note the bike has a carrier.

Keen to see some storage capacity on that baby.

And a card in the spokes, and streamers in the handlebars, but I suppose I'll need some sort of schematic or expansion slot for those super cool features.

But we need a female version of the bike, coz I ain't gonna go around in my man-skirt on that bike flashing my berries to all of Navezgane.

No no, Americans are just trying to be friendly... they don't want to hear your life's story or loan you $500 dollars.

Russians (maybe Europeans too) will rarely smile at you, but if they do, you are golden and probably could tell them your life's story (the cliff notes).

People... if they where only like me... :)

It's actually spreading to Europe to Vega / Aldranon. I never liked it, even if it is meant friendly.

If you just want to appear friendly say hi, or good to see you or whatever. But asking a question, while not wanting to hear or having time for an answer, to 'our' sensibilities seems 'fake' and 'rude'. (i'm not looking to call all americans fake or rude - countries ways are what they are; if it works in a setting, it works - but i'm just not into the whole unsincere friendlyness or interest as social lubricant - it creates a whole set of issues in trying to avoid some social friction). Something to keep in mind when visiting across the pond.

There is no "europeans" in this regards. Countries very much differ from eachother - though if you'd like a general rule the more south you go the more 'social butter' is used. Eastern Europe has it's own styles, probably influenced by that russian way of looking at things.

(all very rough approximations with as much exceptions and subtleties as to render the rule almost useless - and hell - Even within NL a mere north to south 100km makes a lot of difference in general approach and customs)

@ Vega: I've learned to suppress the very Dutch instinct to actually answer the question when asked when abroad. Then when I get to know people better, if circumstances seems right, I tell em I prefer the Hiya or whatever if you aren't interested in or lack time for an actual conversation. In the US (at least - the places i've been) it's a bit touchy, carefull treading required.

Honestly, I don't know if new players use the previewer or not. It wasn't put in until long after I started playing the game. But there still needs to be a legend.

I (still) do. Not sure how much hours I got, but somewhere between "too much" and "really?" It's not just new players or old players me thinks. It depends on the kinda player. Some peeps scoff at a 10 minute gen - even more veteran players. I'd be able to redo an hour gen 4 or more times since I want a 'likable map' if i'm gonna spend much time in it.

The legend would be good though - I remember it took me a while to figure out when I was still relatively new at it.

Looks like cities are all wasteland areas now which i LOVE. Reminds me of the old hub cities. Will also make cities more dangerous.

LOVE the mixing of biomes. Looks more natural but forest and desert mix? Plains would have made so much more sense if they didn't remove it.

I love the lack of water. Anyone who has played Ravenhearst know my feelings on water already :D

All in all a great image i feel.

I think it might have something to do with "looks" vs efforts. Desert are already reasonably ok looking, while fairly empty. Forest obviously limits views so gets away with a little repetitiveness, because what you see looks nice. The plains as current were just really empty and a little boring (especially since plains tress had a rather jarring habit of popping into existence while being the only tall object for hundreds of meters around).

i.e. it would take a lot of work to "fix" the plains looks, especially with the draw distance going out. They might get to it later, mebbe, but for now it's a choice that does make a little sense if the above is true.

Think with your brains!

I'm still hoping that will someday catch on.

well....We been waiting for that for thousands of years to happen at any appreciable level. The good thing is: we found something that will likely happen after 7dtd full release. Congrats :p

Could even use it for a snarky response somewhere.

Makes me wonder though, why are zombies so terribly obsessed with brains?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't agree. People will bitch.

It sounds like the majority of a17 features are changes to existing systems and adding better mod access, so there won't be any "wow factor" to make people forget the year+ wait.

So although this really IS a major overhaul and game changer for us die hards, the majority of the player base will likely see little to no difference.

you are forgetting the NEW LIGHTING (sorry couldn't resist that one)

With the problem with the Unity 2018 update really changed things up & I have taken SGD classes & it can't be both.

Is it going to be Alpha 18 or BETA, I did not come here to dispute the video or the mod on Steam, I came to ask for Clarification.

If you guys don't know yet then that's fine but I feel Players should have a good idea on what the New Time Line is due to the Unity Update.

Dude. Its been "clarified" multiple times by multiple people. Unity update did not affect the timeline, where did this nonsense come from? Also what difference does it make if next release is A18 B18 or Ω18?

Archived