Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

I don't know if I ever saw an answer to my question.. is there any hope the airdrop pilot will learn not to drop the boxes in the deepest part of the lake? I die every time trying to get those and it is very frustrating... Roland, heard anything about it? Maybe make the lakes not so deep or something? Not sure how you can fix that...

Or should I just ignore the boxes that end up in the water completely.. maybe that is the best choice.. that and have my base at least a day away from a water source...

It’s just random.

Hopefully in the next dev cycle (whatever they call it) water will get overhauled and that will solve the issue.

I don't know if I ever saw an answer to my question.. is there any hope the airdrop pilot will learn not to drop the boxes in the deepest part of the lake? I die every time trying to get those and it is very frustrating... Roland, heard anything about it? Maybe make the lakes not so deep or something? Not sure how you can fix that...

Or should I just ignore the boxes that end up in the water completely.. maybe that is the best choice.. that and have my base at least a day away from a water source...

in the last 3 or 4 pages there are at least 3 very effective methods to recover submerged airdrops

It was just recently mathematically proven that 7 Days to Die A17 has been updated on average about once every 2-3 days. Those have been internal updates but A17 is currently on its 128th iteration and there was never a 15 month gap between any of them.

I believe there is a steam site where you can view whenever an update is uploaded if you need proof that the game is being worked on.

I never said the game isn't being worked on, mate. You know that. I said that I don't know of any EA games with a 15 month update cycle. Granted, I only have 10-15 EA games, so I don't know all of them.

Of course, I'm talking about front-end updates. The ones the customers are seeing. The ones relevant for those customers. Of course there are back-end, internal, updates, but those are not same.

Hehe, I said back-end.

Ps. What's up with greeting people here in the US with 'How are you?'. My immediate response is to actually tell people how I'm doing!

Ps. What's up with greeting people here in the US with 'How are you?'. My immediate response is to actually tell people how I'm doing!

I also take issue with this practice because the vast majority of the people who say that don't actually want to know how you are doing.

I never said the game isn't being worked on, mate. You know that. I said that I don't know of any EA games with a 15 month update cycle. Granted, I only have 10-15 EA games, so I don't know all of them.

Of course, I'm talking about front-end updates. The ones the customers are seeing. The ones relevant for those customers. Of course there are back-end, internal, updates, but those are not same.

Hehe, I said back-end.

I live here and I like to do that too. The more someone has annoyed me in the past the more detail I go into with "how I am" at the moment. :)

No no, Americans are just trying to be friendly... they don't want to hear your life's story or loan you $500 dollars.

Russians (maybe Europeans too) will rarely smile at you, but if they do, you are golden and probably could tell them your life's story (the cliff notes).

People... if they where only like me... :)

No no, Americans are just trying to be friendly... they don't want to hear your life's story or loan you $500 dollars.

Russians (maybe Europeans too) will rarely smile at you, but if they do, you are golden and probably could tell them your life's story (the cliff notes).

People... if they where only like me... :)

Yeah the expected response is "I'm doing fine, how are you doing?" if you say that you are in good shape. :)

...snip...

We're weird. The best part is the person doesn't really want know. It's somehow related to the fact our culture is obsessed with breasts, but then gets offended if they see some gal breastfeeding their kid.

Cheers!

I think I finally have a counter to the A17 night horde! I have been making many different designs to counter the "guided missile" zombies of A17.

The stipulations are:

1) The fort area must be 30x30 or less.

2) There must be a way to "Bug out" if things fail.

3) It must be cheap and easy to maintain, repair and defend.

4) As shotgun turrets appear to be non starters now that paper will be hard to make... no turrets.

5) It has to stop late game hordes.

...I found one design that fits all criteria.

1) The Center and curtain wall.

The center is 3x3 with a ladder to bedrock and extend above ground 5-10 meters to view hoard attack. The walls are 50% pillars so you can see when the mid layer is breached and determine if a bugout is necessary. Also after battle to easily replace spike that are destroyed. Curtain wall below ground is 50% pillars to do the same.

2) The Middle.

The middle is 2 rows of spikes, one row of reinforced concrete and two more rows of spikes - All the way down to near bedrock. Bugout tunnel at bedrock with minibike.

3) The above ground outer curtain wall is just to keep non-7 days hoards from entering the middle area.

Edit: oops I forgot to add something. Done!

Hey, Dev team since you guys share a good amount of photos and in mm game play video. I am not sure if anyone says or feel like this, but I feel the graphics are too white, washed out kinda. In some places in MM video the graphics looks little cartoon/vector style to me. I am sure I don't use proper word to define how I feel about graphics, but in a16, I see it when I turn on full gamma from option, it is same kinda of feeling. I have tired eyes [as they want to sleep 23hr a day], or is it just me. But though I see new texture are great, but lighting I prefer one from A16, this is bright for me.

I am sure I can adjust them in option, so not complaining just sharing my feedback.

Um why is the bike chain on the left side?

Looks like we need to scrap this build and start over.

Its to help people realize that the game is not real, of course. Once you become too immersed in the... immersion, forever will it dominate your destiny (up to Day 100 anyway).

Archived