Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

No no, Americans are just trying to be friendly... they don't want to hear your life's story or loan you $500 dollars.

Russians (maybe Europeans too) will rarely smile at you, but if they do, you are golden and probably could tell them your life's story (the cliff notes).

People... if they where only like me... :)

'Friendly'...

THings Americans say that don't seem to mean what they say:

"How are you?" - But, PLEASE, Don't tell me.

"In all honesty..." - but I don't usually lie. Really.

"With all due respect..." - but what I am about to say probably won't sound very respectful.

Joel said in one of his video about find bikes in some shops POI's...

So, we don't find vehicles only in A17? Or in future alphas we will can find vehicles?

I wonder if they will be the loot at the end of a quest and boss fight. I hope you can also find it without a specific quest as well.

You mean act like a mature adult?

You mean anyone that's critical of what you're spreading false information on? If that's what you consider to be a mature adult, I'd hate to live in your fantasy world. this is why you're not taken seriously and I have almost 80k subs and a very healthy adult community.

Dude. Its been "clarified" multiple times by multiple people. Unity update did not affect the timeline, where did this nonsense come from? Also what difference does it make if next release is A18 B18 or Ω18?

Is this your mature adult way of spreading misinformation? Unity update DID affect the timeline, the very thing that was brought up after my post asking for an explanation. But i guess that's what immature adults do, bring up a problem and have it resolved.

- - - Updated - - -

That was predictable...

Of course it was, all you fanboys never argue anything valid, you just say ♥♥♥♥ and cram your fist of fanboyism down people's throats for critizing anything. It's sad and pathetic, and it's why any review/forum outside of this one is full of bad reviews, it's because people like you push out people with valid critism. It's really bad for the market. This guy was voted out by my community in my private discord. now he's coming here calling me immature for locking him out.

I think I finally have a counter to the A17 night horde! I have been making many different designs to counter the "guided missile" zombies of A17.

The stipulations are:

1) The fort area must be 30x30 or less.

2) There must be a way to "Bug out" if things fail.

3) It must be cheap and easy to maintain, repair and defend.

4) As shotgun turrets appear to be non starters now that paper will be hard to make... no turrets.

5) It has to stop late game hordes.

What about a raised platform that you shoot down (through iron Bars) into the zombie masses below?

Will that not work in A17 now???

Pillars being 7-10 blocks apart and you standing in the center... are Zombies THAT much smarter now that they can figure out which pillars to attack 10 blocks away?

Is this your mature adult way of spreading misinformation? Unity update DID affect the timeline, the very thing that was brought up after my post asking for an explanation. But i guess that's what immature adults do, bring up a problem and have it resolved.

No, the Unity update really just effected art and 1-2 programmers. The tasks designers and several other programmers were and are doing were not effected by the Unity update. There is simply a lot to finish, test, tweak and fix.

That's not to say that the Unity update had no effect whatsoever, but faatal indicates that the bulk of the delay was not due to Unity.

#reading

Of course it was, all you fanboys never argue anything valid, you just say ♥♥♥♥ and cram your fist of fanboyism down people's throats for critizing anything. It's sad and pathetic, and it's why any review/forum outside of this one is full of bad reviews, it's because people like you push out people with valid critism.

You might want to leave off the absolutes because they're just going to make you look bad. (For the record, that's not being a "fanboy"; that's grammar.)

I've got a whole ream of arguments in the General Discussion forum. Check them out. Feel free to show me how none of them are valid.

Unity update DID affect the timeline, the very thing that was brought up after my post asking for an explanation.

My impression is it certainly did. But recent info from Fataal suggests that the overall impact wasn't very big (he even said no impact at all). He said Unity upgrade involved 2 programmers and some of the graphics designers for a while. The rest of the programmers were still fixing their own code and lots of bugs and are still doing it. From MM's point of view it probably was a lot of work, but there is a lot of work going on in parallel and the last group to finish determines the release date.

Without unity upgrade they may have saved a few days or even a week (because of the 2 programmers that could have fixed bugs instead), making the delay still more or less 2 months.

What about a raised platform that you shoot down (through iron Bars) into the zombie masses below?

Will that not work in A17 now???

Pillars being 7-10 blocks apart and you standing in the center... are Zombies THAT much smarter now that they can figure out which pillars to attack 10 blocks away?

They don't know which pillars hold you up, but they will attack any structure they see if they can't hit you.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it was, all you fanboys never argue anything valid, you just say ♥♥♥♥ and cram your fist of fanboyism down people's throats for critizing anything. It's sad and pathetic, and it's why any review/forum outside of this one is full of bad reviews, it's because people like you push out people with valid critism. It's really bad for the market. This guy was voted out by my community in my private discord. now he's coming here calling me immature for locking him out.

First of all, this dispute needs to be handled privately. Naming and Shaming is against the rules so whatever happened in some other forum needs to stay there.

Secondly, when I reported that the change to Unity caused a delay that was true at the time because it stopped work being done and those involved with working on it were doing a lot of chatter back and forth. Plus this was back when Madmole was hoping for a July release. faatal later clarified that there were just a few people working on that issue and others on the team have been working on bugs and finishing up their features so that the net result is that the Unity change had a much smaller impact than first thought. So nobody is wrong. At the time it felt like a big delay but because bug fixing and polishing has taken so long the delay has turned out to be minimal.

Thirdly, this particular forum is the development forum for the game. It is not just some independent forum where anyone can post anything insulting and libelous against the developer and it's going to fly. It is not harmful or bad for the market to keep this particular forum on the hopeful and optimistic end of the spectrum. There is plenty of criticism posted here and as long as people don't call each other names and make baseless accusations of nefarious intent against the developers we let it stay. We also let people poke holes in the criticism as long as those posts don't cross the line of being insulting. I do find it hilarious, Skippy, that you criticize this forum for booting out people who are insulting and trollish but you did the same thing to a member of your forum when you didn't like what he was posting.

Now I know that everyone has frayed nerves because the one thing that ties all of us together is a love for the game and a hope that it will be amazing and there is a lot of uncertainty and the update has taken far too long for anyone's taste. But keep it together guys and handle private disputes privately, please.

Archived